Looking for advice

Andf

Hi All!

I am a new player (or better, returning after years, so, basically, new...) an I am looking for a place where to find PvP Builds. I mean how to distribute points, stats to prioritise and so on.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Apologies if I used the wrong forums!

Thanks.

Hi All!

I am a new player (or better, returning after years, so, basically, new...) an I am looking for a place where to find PvP Builds. I mean how to distribute points, stats to prioritise and so on.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Apologies if I used the wrong forums!

Thanks.

Welcome back!

There’s a bit of inconsistency regarding pvp guides, in that, not all classes have up to date guides on certain sites so it’s best to just search via class.

Alternatively you can join a pvp guild or ask a regular streamer for advice, normally they are happy to help!

If ya get really stuck, I can offer advice.

But bear in mind some stuff may change as of the new expansion on Tuesday.

you will have a very rough time if you are a clicker or keyboard turner.

Above is true but for regs it may not matter much... some keybinding and some clicking are better option for someone (almost) new. However most importantly sort your UI out... its a major thing. You cant get good if your UI is a mess.

Also, take time to practice your class by using dummy and pve (ikr). Lastly follow closely to the situation in the field. more often its situational awareness that kills or makes a intense huttball match... just saying. :cool:

Thanks All for the answers!

@Eastiano: Yeah, the long term plan is to join a guild, but firdt of all I have to level my toon!

Can you please tell me some reliable PvP streamer?

@Fellow-Canadian: I had found this guide, but I thought it was not up to date. I reckon it is :)

@Lendle: Yep, how to move and how to set up UI was sorted years ago :) I have to admit that getting accustomed to the SWTOR system is not easy. I have been playing ESO for a while and it's a completely different beast.

@Ayushman: Oh, are there dummies somewhere?

The main problem right now is to understand what abilities to use and what utilities are best. Alas, I don't know much time to spend experimenting builds nowadays :(

Cheers!

Edited by Andf
Typo

Thanks All for the answers!

@Eastiano: Yeah, the long term plan is to join a guild, but firdt of all I have to level my toon!

Can you please tell me some reliable PvP streamer?

@Fellow-Canadian: I had found this guide, but I thought it was not up to date. I reckon it is :)

@Lendle: Yep, how to move and how to set up UI was sorted years ago :) I have to admit that getting accustomed to the SWTOR system is not easy. I have been playing ESO for a while and it's a completely different beast.

The main problem right now is to understand what abilities to use and what utilities are best. Alas, I don't know much time to spend experimenting builds nowadays :(

Cheers!

Google Snave to get his twitch channel. He streams a lot and has good tactics. He actually has some prerecorded sessions on training.

On the fleets.

For the republic side you want the "Grav Daragon". To get there in 6 easy steps. :D ...

1. From the main fleet location, go to the "Mission Departures" elevator (right hand side of map).

2. Take the elevator to "Interfleet transport".

3. Take a shuttle to the GD.

4. Then find the "Elevator to Grav Daragon" (middle of the ship map vertically, left hand side horizontally).

5. Go to the Bridge Deck.

6. And then look for the "Training Area" on the map. (There is also a "bolsterizer" clicky there, so you can check what your bolstered stats are in warzones").

(You can also quick travel to the GD. That will put you over there, but on the wrong level - so then just do steps 4, 5 and 6.)

On the Imp side... It's the same thing except replace "Grav Daragon" with "Zoist Shadow". And swap the left/right part of the directions.

You can also place one on your ship via Legacy. Under "Global Unlocks" -> "Other". Then "Ship Unlocks". Looks like it requires legacy level 10 and 500K credits (or, of course, you can do it with cartel coins). There's both WZ and operations dummies. I think people say that now-a-days you actually want the operations one for more accurate WZ numbers. But if you are looking for a dummy just to practice rotations on I'm not sure it matters.

You can probably also get one in strongholds somehow, but I don't do strongholds so I have no idea about that.

The most important thing in pvp is to learn keybinds and mouse turning. I think that goes without saying, but you will have a very rough time if you are a clicker or keyboard turner.

HEY! .......... I key turn... :(

I mean, was good enough to get 1850 in season 8 on dps jugg after 300 wins.. and that was with trash ED and meta bait spec

Edited by Seterade

@ Banderal: Ty for clearing that for me. Appreciated.

@ Seterade: I am a semi-clicker/key turner myself... always played the game this way... you are not alone there. :D

@ Andf: The meta is going to shift soon. so if you are leveling new toon, dw about min-maxing. Otherwise you can always check guide in vulkk.com and at dulfy's. But vulkk has more uptodated guide. anything close to 5.10 will be of some relevence. I think.

Edited by Ayushman
wrong spelling