WHAT IF... SWTOR fails b/c of the stagger

darthbored

First, we were supposed to have early access up to 5 days early. I was planning on getting in on Thursday. I didn't get in today. What have I lost? Absolutely nothing. The game doesn't officially come out for a week - anything earlier than that is total gravy. Why should I be upset about a staggered pre-launch when it's total gift to me.

I bet in 6 days no one will care and be playing. :)

And then they'll take down the servers for a few hours for first patch, and bring them up for release, and watch as they come crashing down from several million people pounding the login server. LOL

I will be surprised if things don't start a crashing come the 20th.

In every MMO there are always the people that QQ like mad around early access. IE they preordered a day too late even though the cut off date for early access has been published and known for months previously. Those people always make threads similar to this, or tell everyone how they have cancelled there order blah blah blah but 2 weeks later they are playing just as they said they wouldn't If people are so impatient that they cant wait a few days and cant understand the statement UPTO 5 days early access then maybe the game would be better off without such individuals?

First, we were supposed to have early access up to 5 days early. I was planning on getting in on Thursday. I didn't get in today. What have I lost? Absolutely nothing. The game doesn't officially come out for a week - anything earlier than that is total gravy. Why should I be upset about a staggered pre-launch when it's total gift to me.

Amen brother!!! I didn't think I would get in today, but i still checked my inbox (and spam to) several times. Even with the twitter announce, I've still been checking it...just in case :p But, a couple of friends got in...and they are torturing me on TS, with what they are doing.

Looking forward to getting in :) Death from above!!!!

Anyone who will quit because of the staggered launch will have quit anyway and was just looking for an excuse. Frankly i hope those really getting enraged do leave they seem the sort who would quickly destroy the community. No one will care about this in a month. As has been said the details of the launch have been known forever, I do not care about playtime or leveling fastest but I am big on name selection so when the game came up i ordered and registered it right away. In life if there are things if you care about you need to be proactive and take care of it right away not wait. There were afterall vendors like Amazon whom you could order from on day one and not spend a dime. Procrastanation and laziness have repercusions and there is seldom anyway to truly blame but yourself.

I really don't see this game "failing"; maybe it will be slow to start, but I believe it will be a success and then some. This is coming from a long time Blizzard customer/fan, going back to their first Warcraft game in 1994.

I'm very impressed with the game from the day and a half I got to see it during the server stress test. My hat is off to Bioware. I really liked having options when speaking to an npc, getting titles for various things, larger in-depth areas, and having leveling be a challenge instead of going up to something, smacking it with a stick and one-shotting it.

Most of all, the server I played on had a lot of friendly people on it, a friendly community is a must for me. No one who doesn't play WoW didn't seem to mind Warcraft players on there, so I'm hoping some people from that server will be back on it.

I believe the way they are handling at the moment is a bit ridiculous and had a lack of forward thinking in some cases..

But failing because of this? Hardly.

This. I find it horribly ironic that Bioware staggers the early access to prevent people from getting frustrated due to server crashes and queues, but ends up frustrating people due to not having access to the game at all.

You said it - lack of forward thinking.

Greetings, everyone. We already have a discussion thread dedicated to talking about invite waves. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the discussion thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=6488

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!