Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The problem with a lot of classes in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The problem with a lot of classes in PVP

Zurules
06.10.2019 , 04:10 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
The thing is because pts and sins lack suffiecient dcds, they need to be harder to pin down or they need their dcds buffed. One or the other would make players who love/main those two classes pretty happy.
If they gave back the 30% dr during stuns to both sins and pts, then I would be happy. Sins do not need anything more than that to be viable. I think pts do need something a little more but nothing crazy, maybe something that absorbs the next 3-5 force-tech attacks similar to what mercs have. and definitely make adrenal rush base max% heal to point higher.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

Seterade
06.10.2019 , 04:55 PM | #42
merc asorb is only 2, its pretty much a gimmick "asorb the auto crit) cd.

and pts actually have something very similar, the 35% evasion of both yellow and white after sonic missile (I think its called) grants sonic defence. 6 secs of 35% evasion of all damage types. this ability is a mimic of IO mercs "absorb" which is different from arsenals. its grant a 35% def chance to all inc damage types as well for 6 seconds.

side note: the 35% dcd is for burst AP only, but its clone is for DoT IO only.

Delani
06.10.2019 , 06:14 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
If they gave back the 30% dr during stuns to both sins and pts, then I would be happy. Sins do not need anything more than that to be viable. I think pts do need something a little more but nothing crazy, maybe something that absorbs the next 3-5 force-tech attacks similar to what mercs have. and definitely make adrenal rush base max% heal to point higher.
They should give players choice,
Phaswalk, or stun dr, or evade/agile ability, some force power, etc. that allows players to deal with damage intake and stuns how they would like.
The more choices the better, I just hope what they offer is atleast creative and innovative. But just offereing what you already took away from us is not enough imo.

TrixxieTriss
06.10.2019 , 11:32 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I posted in another thread, but I think that gear will need to be LOCKED IN once players join a match. I'm imagining all of the matchmaking manipulation and people changing Tac, Amps, set bonuses midmatch. It sounds like it might become a counter-fest.
Yeah, it could be a storm in a tea cup if they don’t

TrixxieTriss
06.10.2019 , 11:34 PM | #45
They should give players choice,
Phaswalk, or stun dr, or evade/agile ability, some force power, etc. that allows players to deal with damage intake and stuns how they would like.
The more choices the better, I just hope what they offer is atleast creative and innovative. But just offereing what you already took away from us is not enough imo.
Do you play your Sin in ranked or regs?

Delani
06.11.2019 , 06:15 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Do you play your Sin in ranked or regs?
Both, so I can see their weaknesses from an all around standpoint

Rion_Starkiller
06.11.2019 , 12:10 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Zurules View Post
The only thing that needs to remain locked when a match starts is the persons spec. The gear they have they can swap out if they think they need to when ever they are not in combat. The only thing I wish to be able to change before a match starts but after you take the pop are your utilities, but as soon as the match actually starts, then those are locked in too.
Yeah, I would like to be able to change utilities during a match. I often forget to swap between raid utilities and pvp utilities. With Tac items, set bonuses -- I don't know. I will have to play around with it on the PTS, I guess (once it's on there).
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Delani
06.11.2019 , 05:49 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Yeah, I would like to be able to change utilities during a match. I often forget to swap between raid utilities and pvp utilities. With Tac items, set bonuses -- I don't know. I will have to play around with it on the PTS, I guess (once it's on there).
I could see that being a HUGE problem to be fair, Unless you can change the tacts, amps and set bonuses before the timer begins.

TrixxieTriss
06.11.2019 , 06:50 PM | #49
I could see that being a HUGE problem to be fair, Unless you can change the tacts, amps and set bonuses before the timer begins.
I don’t like the idea of being able to swap tact’s and Amps. But sometimes you forget to swap out your pve gear for pvp gear before you enter a match. I use one set for pvp and one for pve because of how Bolster works. Although this may or may not be a problem in 6.0. We’ll need to wait and see.

Delani
06.11.2019 , 08:05 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I don’t like the idea of being able to swap tact’s and Amps. But sometimes you forget to swap out your pve gear for pvp gear before you enter a match. I use one set for pvp and one for pve because of how Bolster works. Although this may or may not be a problem in 6.0. We’ll need to wait and see.
If you forget then thats the price you have to pay, its just one match.