Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Disabling Auto-Cover on Sniper

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Disabling Auto-Cover on Sniper

NoiseTankXIII's Avatar


NoiseTankXIII
04.08.2012 , 10:10 PM | #1
Is it possible?

Because I'm dying a lot to this boss fight because no matter where I go, I tumble like a emo rollie pollie right into melee range of the boss, and extremely frustrating. I already drop a cover shield, why do I have to zip around like Dr. Rockso on cocaine?

EDIT: Never mind, figures I find it the moment I post a topic.

Kaptain's Avatar


Kaptain
04.09.2012 , 12:01 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by NoiseTankXIII View Post
EDIT: Never mind, figures I find it the moment I post a topic.
Glad you found your answer. Most good snipers will have separate binds for taking cover in place and rolling to the naturals. I love having the option for both.
Death Stick Rehab™
----------------------------- -----------------------------
Prophecy of the Five [PvP East]

thetexascuban's Avatar


thetexascuban
12.07.2015 , 10:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by NoiseTankXIII View Post
Is it possible?

Because I'm dying a lot to this boss fight because no matter where I go, I tumble like a emo rollie pollie right into melee range of the boss, and extremely frustrating. I already drop a cover shield, why do I have to zip around like Dr. Rockso on cocaine?

EDIT: Never mind, figures I find it the moment I post a topic.
Hello there, I would really really love to disable that annoying auto roll on my sniper. You said you found an answer... will you please share it with the rest of us?

Caulderone's Avatar


Caulderone
12.07.2015 , 10:50 PM | #4
There is an option in Keybinds right next to the "Take Cover" option called "Take Cover in Place".
This is a Referall Link.

Fallerup's Avatar


Fallerup
12.08.2015 , 03:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by thetexascuban View Post
Hello there, I would really really love to disable that annoying auto roll on my sniper. You said you found an answer... will you please share it with the rest of us?
like the person above me says. the default button for "roll into cover" is "F". go into keybindings and switch this to "take cover in place" instead, unbinding that one and you no longer roll. If you wish to use both, you can have roll into cover on Shift+F or something.
Gogata, Class: Shieldtech Powertech

-Holmes's Avatar


-Holmes
12.08.2015 , 06:36 PM | #6
There is also an ability called "Crouch" which you can put on your quickbar.
What's star wars?