Shiv far faster and easier to use

Sathid

the Operative has far more faster attacks imo and mainly Shiv.

According to (sadly I can't find the proof) Devs - attacks, regardless of Class, are calculated at the same speed but the animations aren't.

This means that while the Op seems to attack faster than the Scoundrel, the damage calculations and output should be at the seem speed. (this is also why, sometimes, you can't attack because your target is "dead" but hasn't died yet. Damage was already calculated but the animation didn't kick in yet.)

(this is also why, sometimes, you can't attack because your target is "dead" but hasn't died yet. Damage was already calculated but the animation didn't kick in yet.)

Yep. It's why when you hit Quick Draw, sometimes your enemy will just stand dead still (har har har) and a half second goes by while your "off the hip" animation plays, and blasts him/her to the afterlife.

I love that moment. It's what I call the "deer in the headlights" moment. I'd like to think they lock eyes right before the Smuggler pulls the trigger. Right then, the enemy thinks, "oh geeze, I really shouldn't have stood still this long...."

Edited by Gassygunslinger

Well as a Valor ranked 85 Scoundrel that has played every build out there and been through all the changes to boot and lvled a Operative as well now,the blade animations attack etc is far more faster and easier to position,it gives the Operative an edge on attacks imo.