Im sorry but this "expansion" was terrible.

Slurmez

Before I start I am not making a rage post neither am I stamping my feet, Im just a firm believer in leaving feedback regardless of whether it is ignored or not, Im just jotting down thoughts.

Firstly a couple of hours of on rails content which takes you straight to the level cap is NOT an "expansion", yes this can be doubled if you factor in the operation but thats essentially plus content which the majority of players wont even visit. Makeb was an expansion, this wasnt even close to Rishi.

The story was ok, nothing special but there was nothing to do between cutscenes, by which I mean in the real game, the game that was built before everything revolved around the cartel shop, the game revolved around the planets and there was a myriad of missions and things to do AS WELL as the main storylines, This expansion just stuck you on rails and drove you through the story which will become a spacebar pressing affair when running the multiple characters you have through it and the dailies after finishing the on rails affair just dont cut it. "Play it your way"? Sounds pretty hollow really.

Planets were tiny and a joke, nothing to explore, nothing to see, nothing to do, even getting around on them was a joke as there are no mobs on the main paths but it doesnt matter anyway because you can just take a speeder (incidently - Taxis have been added to the Fleet which will take you between each quarter. - really? how lazy are people.....)

Yeah you played with the engine and interface, cool but not a big deal, at no point ever has someone ever come to play on the basis of those aspects.

Nautolans look terrible, clip terribly and look like garbage. (Incidently I would pay money to run around as a jawa)

I think the biggest issue that SWTOR has is they lock out feedback from the majority of players because they wont allow people who are not subscribers to post on the forums, how are they supposed to know what would make a non subscriber become a subscriber if they dont give them a platform to tell them? What they just guess? Sorry SWTOR, your guesses have you chasing your tails and flip flopping between the same old stuff, look at set bonuses, now it back on the shells, like it used to be, before it got put onto the armouring.

Theres not even any attractive armour appearances to grind for, they all look like butt because anything half interesting goes into the cartel market.

I ran through the content yesterday then unsubbed, huge disappointment.

ive only done the imp side loyalist so far and going through 2 new planets and a new fp on an old planet seemed pretty cool. Onderon (odessen, ossus and onderon... too many O's) was the closest thing to a full planet since mek-sha was pretty small, and it was much smaller than makeb, yavin, or rishi but bigger than single daily areas... i think ossus and onderon together make something like a makeb.

i prefer the quicker leveling through story. It would be nice to have another planet arc or something, there are two new daily areas with 6.0, but datooine and ossus were both in the past 365 days.

I thought the planets were absolutely gorgeous, but small. I like having some new stuff to hunt, but overall, it felt like 1 or maximum 2 chapters from KoTET or something. 1 FP. 1. Wow.

1 OP. I haven't run it yet, so can't mention that. How many flashpoints did SoR get? 4? Can't remember. Plus one of the largest OPs to date, actual mechanics, etc.

The current stuff is very lackluster, IMO. Also, I hate how sloggy everything has become. I can't believe how long it takes to kill trash mobs these days (I never thought I'd have to worry whether the 10-second window would expire on getting back my shadow stride from killing little mobs, lol).

I also hate the "Collect them All!" gearing personally. I find the set bonuses lackluster for the most part and the entire method convoluted and confusing.

It's like they're trying to imitate Warframe 100%, yet they fail to realize that Warframe is f2p so people don't mind the grind. This much confusion in a subscription game is ridiculous.

Finally, they seem to be punishing regular players with increased credit costs to counteract the activity of exploiters with ill-gotten gains. Smart move (sarcasm).

What They Could Improve:

1. Release more content in 3 months. If this is happening, then the amount of content in this "expansion" is more palatable.

2. Create a more intuitive "gear sets" tab. Yes, warframe does this with their Codex and mods tabs. You would be able to see all armor sets at a glance, where they drop, what they do, how many pieces you currently have, etc. Right now, it's honestly next to impossible to remember what you're getting, what you already have, which pieces you need, what specific sets are for, which ones you should shoot for, what sets you want to augment, etc.

3. Create a more intuitive "amps" tab. Amps are outrageous. You get so many different amps from so many different sources, and it's hard to see which are coming from which part of gear at a glance. It's hard to see what you want, what you need and what you can get, especially since certain gear sets also allow different amps in different spots than others. Confused yet?

4. Reduce amps costs or change the RNG aspect of them.

I know none of this is going to happen, but it's good to list ideas anyway.

I thought the planets were absolutely gorgeous, but small. I like having some new stuff to hunt, but overall, it felt like 1 or maximum 2 chapters from KoTET or something. 1 FP. 1. Wow.

1 OP. I haven't run it yet, so can't mention that. How many flashpoints did SoR get? 4? Can't remember. Plus one of the largest OPs to date, actual mechanics, etc.

The current stuff is very lackluster, IMO. Also, I hate how sloggy everything has become. I can't believe how long it takes to kill trash mobs these days (I never thought I'd have to worry whether the 10-second window would expire on getting back my shadow stride from killing little mobs, lol).

I also hate the "Collect them All!" gearing personally. I find the set bonuses lackluster for the most part and the entire method convoluted and confusing.

It's like they're trying to imitate Warframe 100%, yet they fail to realize that Warframe is f2p so people don't mind the grind. This much confusion in a subscription game is ridiculous.

Finally, they seem to be punishing regular players with increased credit costs to counteract the activity of exploiters with ill-gotten gains. Smart move (sarcasm).

What They Could Improve:

1. Release more content in 3 months. If this is happening, then the amount of content in this "expansion" is more palatable.

2. Create a more intuitive "gear sets" tab. Yes, warframe does this with their Codex and mods tabs. You would be able to see all armor sets at a glance, where they drop, what they do, how many pieces you currently have, etc. Right now, it's honestly next to impossible to remember what you're getting, what you already have, which pieces you need, what specific sets are for, which ones you should shoot for, what sets you want to augment, etc.

3. Create a more intuitive "amps" tab. Amps are outrageous. You get so many different amps from so many different sources, and it's hard to see which are coming from which part of gear at a glance. It's hard to see what you want, what you need and what you can get, especially since certain gear sets also allow different amps in different spots than others. Confused yet?

4. Reduce amps costs or change the RNG aspect of them.

I know none of this is going to happen, but it's good to list ideas anyway.

I suspect #1 will happen.

I just returned about three weeks ago after having been gone since 2012/2013 to find a crap ton of changes. Those changes though weren't as bad as the Onslaught changes imo. Here's what I don't like:

Nautolans

1. Females look worse then males

2. Tentacles should've had a separate slider, been worked on more cause some are at weird angles and been more varied

3.Patterns should've been more detailed, less splotchy/smudgy and had more patterns like Twi'lek

4. Eyes should've had different shapes and seem too wide spread,

Item colors/tooltips

1. Have to hover over items now to figure out if they are Legacy and if I can customize them. No more glance and go which was very handy. I don't even see that nice little Legacy shield on them now either.

2. No more orange for custom gear. Again, now have to hover over an item to see if it's Legacy/modable because can't just glance at color anymore. Dots on side of item DO NOT help me personally.

3. New color at top when hovered over and the way it looks is terrible. Way too much going on for just an item tooltip. Keep it basic like the old way.

UI layout

1. Nice to have a mat tab but the layout is just weird. Off to the side when I think they should've just kept it to the top part like quest items and whatnot.

2. Character UI is weird and looks like a beta model to me.

Hearsay from other players/other

1. Increase in crafting costs. Gold sinks should not include every day things such as crafting, skills, travel, armor, weapons, etc.. Keep gold sinks to a Jawa that sells mounts, titles, cosmetics, etc. that those rich fools can show off.

2. Not sure of what you're gathering. I think this is a bug but it is annoying whether it is or isn't.

3. Little icon above vendors heads just needs to go. Who dafaq came up with that and why was it considered needed?

I haven't even done any story past the original 3 chapters since I came back so have no clue about the new planets and story but these few things I've encountered from the start bug me. Most annoying to least annoying for me is:

Item change > Nautolan > UI change > Gathering bug > Vendor Icon > Crafting costs

Story was decent, though too short.

Gearing system is terrible - glorified time and credit sink mostly tied to running old recycled beat to death content for the billionth time and spending a bunch of credits all for a chance at a small upgrade.

Crafting is pointless unless you have multiple alts capping conquest in huge guilds every week given everything requires conquest materials, good luck crafting more than a handful of items each week.

No idea about the FP or Ops - will get through those later today just to do them, then I'm gone.

SoR itself only got two FPs, Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi.

The four that appear in Prelude / Forged Alliances (Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime) were released a couple of months before SoR, and Ziost (Rise of the Emperor) was released after.

And the Onslaught FP was seriously glitchy. I had multiple instances of being unable to shoot Imp soldiers that were standing about six feet from my character on the same piece of ground, "Cannot See Target".

Maybe if they had backed off some of the clutter filling the streets and the Mek-Ska map they could have added a bit more story. It was ok in my book a bit short. The graphic details seemed over the top for me. My PC has never had any graphic issues. Today I had Lag, I believe its from over Detailing.

SoR itself only got two FPs, Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi.

The four that appear in Prelude / Forged Alliances (Tython, Korriban, Manaan and Rakata Prime) were released a couple of months before SoR, and Ziost (Rise of the Emperor) was released after.

And the Onslaught FP was seriously glitchy. I had multiple instances of being unable to shoot Imp soldiers that were standing about six feet from my character on the same piece of ground, "Cannot See Target".

I second that FPs are glitchy statement. I had to quit about five minutes into it as an imperial because the very first boss I ran into a) could barely be scratched, b) did insane amounts of damage constantly, c) glitched out my heroic moment so I couldn't even use that to throw some decent damage and heal and d) reset itself multiple times when I switched my aggro to one of the mobs surrounding it. Just said nope and quit right then and there

The graphic details seemed over the top for me. My PC has never had any graphic issues. Today I had Lag, I believe its from over Detailing.

Yeah its doing that for me as well. It was getting so bad I had to turn everything as low as possible and can still barely run anything in an actually playable manner now. Especially the first planet. Not sure what it is with this game and jungle planets but they're always laggy as hell. But at least they used to be playable. Now it takes 10x longer than it should just to get around

Has any one seen what they have done to CC Comps in that it's double the cost of gifts from the Jawas … and less influence given ( from green gifts ).

That was the last straw for me I just unsubbed …. meh gear drops .. people say we are getting differents items well how long before that dries up and you the same **** again again and again.

Bye might be back in 2021

Has any one seen what they have done to CC Comps in that it's double the cost of gifts from the Jawas … and less influence given ( from green gifts ).

That was the last straw for me I just unsubbed …. meh gear drops .. people say we are getting differents items well how long before that dries up and you the same **** again again and again.

Bye might be back in 2021

I saw the prices, but I didn't see the influence.

Ironically, what made me stop subbing years ago (and stay away for 3 years after having been a regular sub for a long time) was when they took away our companion bonuses and hid them behind an endless grind to the arbitrary number 50.

Kind of like how they took away our set bonuses at level 75 because they're better than most of the new ones. Good thing I only have 8 days left on my sub.

If you guys were paying attention the last few years you'd realize this was never going to be a big or true expansion because they lack the proper funding and resources that are allotted to their department. And not enough people play the game anymore, we are down to a handful of servers. This will probably be the last expansion but we may see small updates over the next few years as the games trickles down to maintenance mode.

yeah to call this an expansion is just not accurate. Expansions should expand upon the game not just story wise. There needs to be meaningful content to do and alot ot see. Let's just break it down here real quick and lets take the RNG aspects and set them to the side as it is a heavily flawed system and was not needed lets just put it down and look at the other stuff.

- I got to level 75 and completed the whole thing in an hour and a half. That is not even an afternoon of play time.

- The story was better then previous dlc (cause kotet and those chapters were also not expansions and did the weird you are the guy story) but was way to short.

- There was very little side content, like the only side quest i saw on onderon was collecting items at poi spots. that is.....not interesting, here you have a planet of nobles and you can't make side content? Really?

- The planets looked nice but were way too small and lacked density of content to make up for it. I can understand making smaller regions budget and crunch (i work in development I get it). But you need to make those dense with content then so they don't feel small.

- dailies don't count towards meaningful content.

- Flashpoint was a bit underwhelming and only the final boss was memorable.

- havent touched the op but lets not forget that SOR the last real expansion, Added TOS raid, Ravagers raid, ancient threat WB, Walker WB. Not to mention like what was it 6 flashpoints with some pretty decent bosses. Then it had a planet with side content to do and see, and even had a quest related to each persons class story. So lets stop calling this an expansion.

There is just some of the stuff looking at it in a wider view. Not even getting in the nitty gritty. But gearing rework is not expansive, it is a rework. notice I did not include the skill tree to proficiency change in the SOR gist. Because that is reworking a system. Expansion to gameplay is things like adding a new class, or new specs which are literally different ways to play and EXPAND on the old way of playing. This "expansion" does not do that. You will be doing the same **** you were doing 2 weeks ago but now its all rng instead and eveything is a credit sink like it is some indepth sandbox with a functioning economy where those who gtn and buy from the market daily will prosper. Also the idea that this is free and not payed for like other expansions is wrong. Its called 14.99 every damn month. And they could not even charge for this even if i had to pay a bit extra.

There is also the argument of just moving as i have seen in other places on the forums. That is the dumbest thing to come out of people's mouths on here. This is an mmo, it has taken a tremendous amount of time (been subbed since launch) out of my life, i am now an adult working and finishing college, i was in 8th grade when this game came out ot build perspective. I have made great life long friends on this game so telling people to just drop the game is alot easier said then done. And for alot of us we don't want to stop playing tor but the way devs keep pushing us further and further away no matter how much money, support, and time i give them sucks. I love mmos, i love star wars, i love the old republic era, and I loved bioware (the studio that pushed me to become a programmer and a writer). So to come and say hey just drop the game and move on is not like dropping call of duty for a couple of years. I want to be here I just wish the devs acted like they cared just al little and wanted to be here to. Sorry for the spelling was on my lunch and browsing the forums.

I hate doing this, ripping into what are my peers in the industry, and espcially the studio that was like my hero studio to pursue the career i have now. i want this game to be fun and good, I don't ask for alot, just allocate resources correctly and do one thing right. Now i am gonna offer some solutions.

- Focus, instead of two planets lets flush out one instead. That way more focus could be put on onderson and really add more quests and flush it out.

- stop reworking gear and add new content instead

- stop focusing on gui and focus on gameplay

- add more classes

yeah to call this an expansion is just not accurate. Expansions should expand upon the game not just story wise. There needs to be meaningful content to do and alot ot see. Let's just break it down here real quick and lets take the RNG aspects and set them to the side as it is a heavily flawed system and was not needed lets just put it down and look at the other stuff.

- I got to level 75 and completed the whole thing in an hour and a half. That is not even an afternoon of play time.

- The story was better then previous dlc (cause kotet and those chapters were also not expansions and did the weird you are the guy story) but was way to short.

- There was very little side content, like the only side quest i saw on onderon was collecting items at poi spots. that is.....not interesting, here you have a planet of nobles and you can't make side content? Really?

- The planets looked nice but were way too small and lacked density of content to make up for it. I can understand making smaller regions budget and crunch (i work in development I get it). But you need to make those dense with content then so they don't feel small.

- dailies don't count towards meaningful content.

- Flashpoint was a bit underwhelming and only the final boss was memorable.

- havent touched the op but lets not forget that SOR the last real expansion, Added TOS raid, Ravagers raid, ancient threat WB, Walker WB. Not to mention like what was it 6 flashpoints with some pretty decent bosses. Then it had a planet with side content to do and see, and even had a quest related to each persons class story. So lets stop calling this an expansion.

There is just some of the stuff looking at it in a wider view. Not even getting in the nitty gritty. But gearing rework is not expansive, it is a rework. notice I did not include the skill tree to proficiency change in the SOR gist. Because that is reworking a system. Expansion to gameplay is things like adding a new class, or new specs which are literally different ways to play and EXPAND on the old way of playing. This "expansion" does not do that. You will be doing the same **** you were doing 2 weeks ago but now its all rng instead and eveything is a credit sink like it is some indepth sandbox with a functioning economy where those who gtn and buy from the market daily will prosper. Also the idea that this is free and not payed for like other expansions is wrong. Its called 14.99 every damn month. And they could not even charge for this even if i had to pay a bit extra.

There is also the argument of just moving as i have seen in other places on the forums. That is the dumbest thing to come out of people's mouths on here. This is an mmo, it has taken a tremendous amount of time (been subbed since launch) out of my life, i am now an adult working and finishing college, i was in 8th grade when this game came out ot build perspective. I have made great life long friends on this game so telling people to just drop the game is alot easier said then done. And for alot of us we don't want to stop playing tor but the way devs keep pushing us further and further away no matter how much money, support, and time i give them sucks. I love mmos, i love star wars, i love the old republic era, and I loved bioware (the studio that pushed me to become a programmer and a writer). So to come and say hey just drop the game and move on is not like dropping call of duty for a couple of years. I want to be here I just wish the devs acted like they cared just al little and wanted to be here to. Sorry for the spelling was on my lunch and browsing the forums.

I hate doing this, ripping into what are my peers in the industry, and espcially the studio that was like my hero studio to pursue the career i have now. i want this game to be fun and good, I don't ask for alot, just allocate resources correctly and do one thing right. Now i am gonna offer some solutions.

- Focus, instead of two planets lets flush out one instead. That way more focus could be put on onderson and really add more quests and flush it out.

- stop reworking gear and add new content instead

- stop focusing on gui and focus on gameplay

- add more classes

To be 100% fair in your listing, there *is* a world boss on Mek-Sha. The Dread Pirate, 38 mil hp.

Otherwise, I agree.

^^^ Always this.

This is incredibly short sighted, we didn't need an entire expansion for new story content. If the game tanks, there will be no more new story at all. For an expansion, this is quite pathetic and we have no sight of back-to-back new additions any time soon. Probably around the holidays we'll get something small (not promised to even be story, most likely a new outfit in the CM) to tie into the new movie but otherwise, it's not looking great.

And this is coming from a story fan. Let's be real here.

This isn't a expansion and shouldn't have been billed as one. It's more of a pre expansion as far as the amount of content given.

I run a medium size guild and we have had a large amount of returning players looking forward to this but after they have seen what was given they are all talking about quitting again. There is just not enough content to keep people wanting to play.

This expansion lacks the content of any of the original story planets other then Quesh. It's sad how little was put into this and billing it as a expansion is just misleading.

This really needed to be called and "content update" not an "Expansion". That was a terrible way to sell this as it is in no way an expansion. However Bioware is so gutted these days in both money and manpower it's a miracle we got anything at all. I don't expect much more in the future. Some more little hour or so story chunks then probably either close or be kept "on" but unsupported.

Maybe I'm wrong for this, but I'd like to give a big shout out to Anthem for sucking all the air out of the room at Bioware for the last decade and making sure that no other games get the support that they need. Good thing it turned out to be such a successful game.

On the other hand, it's 2019. You should know what you're getting with this game. You're getting a small to medium sized DLC for 15 bucks and some small patches spread out over the year. You're not getting a WoW sized or XIV sized expansion. It's just not ever going to happen.

Edited by doelow