For people who say slicing was just clicking a button for money...

ballbrner

All the crafting professions are just clicking a button. It's not like you have to take time to make items...you just have a companion to make it. You don't have to run missions..just have a companion to do it..just a click. maybe they should get rid of companions because it makes the game too easy for those who wanted slicing nerfed?

I am not one of those who wants anything nerfed, but I think you miss the point.

With crafting your companion makes stuff for you that you need to sell to another live player in order to make credits. With slicing your companion brings you back a bag with credits in it. No selling involved

Edited by Andrage

I am not one of those who wants anything nerfed, but I think you miss the point.

With crafting your companion makes stuff for you that you need to sell to another live player in order to make credits. With slicing your companion brings you back a bag with cretits in it. No selling involved

I think you don't understand basic economics. Slicing was the only thing infusing money into the economy. Obviously you will just have to wait and watch trade house sales dry up as slicing money made to this point begin to dry up.

When you have a crafting profession + the accompanying gathering/mission skills, you have to choose between leveling up your crafting profession or buy your class skills/riding training. You won't normally have enough money for both - while you're leveling.

Slicing, while you're leveling it, you're gaining credits. That is not the case for anyone who doesn't have slicing.

Edited by JediEwokFluff

I think you don't understand basic economics. Slicing was the only thing infusing money into the economy. Obviously you will just have to wait and watch trade house sales dry up as slicing money made to this point begin to dry up.

So you are saying that only slicers bought anything in the market?

So you are saying that only slicers bought anything in the market?

Apparently so... since they WERE the people making ALL THIS AWESOME MONEY... right? Or am I sounding stupid for saying that.

Since everyone else in the WHOLE game could not sell, buy, repair.. because THEIR crafting skills were so bad..

yea..

you missed all the QQ from the jealous people about slicing... obviously.. because that is why it was nerfed.

When you have a crafting profession + the accompanying gathering/mission skills, you have to choose between leveling up your crafting profession or buy your class skills/riding training. You won't normally have enough money for both - while you're leveling.

Slicing, while you're leveling it, you're gaining credits. That is not the case for anyone who doesn't have slicing.

Then you're doing it wrong. I've had no problems keeping my crafting up to date with my character level, as well as having money for riding and other skills. Without a slicing.

I also tried slicing on other character, and grade 3 lockbox missions gave me ~20% profit on best case, as well as most of the time less than the mission did cost me. THIS WAS PRE-NERF (1.0.1). Now i just get Slicing skill ups and my money back from it, with slight loss every now and then.

It WAS NOT ruining the economy pre-nerf, it is not post-nerf.

I got 90% of my money from mission rewards and pvp....

Only reason i currently keep my slicing is, that i get gathering and UW trading discoverys from it. That's about it.

[sarcasm]

Oh look! A Slicing node!... Damn gotta kill that elite near it so i can get it. I kill the elite and get 300 credits. I get the creditbox and open it and get 245 credits.

Oh i can see clearly now how this profession ruins the economy!

[/sarcasm]

Now that there are people getting to 50 and doing dailies, the money should start to circulate...

Edited by Telyl

Im lvl 33 Commando

Ive done al lmissions solo handedly and not gotten any help whatsoever with items.

My crew skills are: Biochem Bioanalysis and Diplomacy, and I got 230-280 in all of them with no help.

So far I have been abel to buy evrything I need from abilitys, speeder bike and equipments.

Saying that Slicing is the only thing bringing money into the echonomy is retarded. I got 100% of my money from missions or NPCing dropped crap items I dont need. Slicing give surtain people money advantage... nothing more.

For Single player consern: You might need some money at a surtain point in game.

For Guild/Clan players: You have easier access to trading goods that you find/make for money with somone that have other cradting skills/slicing. = group advantage.

With crafting your companion makes stuff for you that you need to sell to another live player in order to make credits. With slicing your companion brings you back a bag with credits in it. No selling involved

it costs money to level skills. if slicing missions gave a 100+% return, then (pre-nerf) you literally level it for free. if anything the missions should award something that isnt money, like the other scavanging skills.

Those people who complain that they have no money - they are probably leveling their crafts on their way up to 50.

A buddy of mine is constantly broke but that is because he is pouring every credit into his cybertech craft.

I was upping my craft too till slicing got nerfed and now I'm only gathering stuff.

As a pre-nerf slicer I can tell you that I loved the money influx it gave but as a post-nerf slicer I can honestly say that I'm still earning lots of money (obviously the slicer chests in the world are a part of that but very small) because I'm careful with what I spend my money on. (meaning: not buying overpriced items on the market just because i can)

So, no - the slicing wasn't the only way of putting the money on the market :)

Edited by FoxNemhauser

no...because im sure the gold farmers who are already in the game have tons of slicing credits stockpiled that will last a long time since they could make about 1 million creds every few days without even having to run around in the game world.

no...because im sure the gold farmers who are already in the game have tons of slicing credits stockpiled that will last a long time since they could make about 1 million creds every few days without even having to run around in the game world.

If I was a gold seller I would just compromise the accounts of people who bought credits from me.

it costs money to level skills. if slicing missions gave a 100+% return, then (pre-nerf) you literally level it for free. if anything the missions should award something that isnt money, like the other scavanging skills.

Well, i am going to give mission skills a try and if they don't make me any profit, i will just be playing with no crew skills at all and if quest rewards are not enough, then the game is dead.

Edited by JamieKirby

Well, i am going to give mission skills a try and if they don't make me any profit, i will just be playing with no crew skills at all and if quest rewards are not enough, then the game is dead.

Looks like the game is dead then cause as a treasure hunter ill send my companions on a mission for 500 creds and they will bring me a lockbox with 250. Or crafting materials that don't make a profit since anyone with a crafting skill has 2 gathering ones as well.

IMO they need to allow multiple crafting professions so people actually need to buy mats, instead of them either being used to lvl or censored.

unfortunatly gold sellers and their customers hardly ever get caught it seems. Pretty hard to prove what accounts are actually tied to gold sellers. Its tough to say that the gold in an ingame inbox was paid for with real money too.

The ammo of credit sellers would be quite easy to detect because they use a setup where several accounts transmit all credits to a single one, who then transmits it to a 'large' number of customers without a valid transfer of goods.

The problem is that automating anti credit seller systems will either be easy to circumvent (for example the SWG one could be circumvented by giving a useless item in exchange for the credits) or is to aggressive giving many false positives. That leaves the system used by the majority of companies, manual checkup which is costly and slow.

In reality the only way to fully bypass gold/credit sellers is to either make everything so cheap it isn't worth doing it. Or selling it yourself for a price and security no credit seller can give. (For example Everquest has a few servers where you can buy in game items for real life money)

Multiple crafting professions seem like a good idea. The way I see it, people choose one crafting skill and then pick 2 gathering skills to provide them with all materials they'll need for crafting. This is the reason why material prices are so high, people just use the materials to craft themselves. Only a few people sell the materials, which means low supply, high prices, more people going with a crafting skill + 2 gathering skills which kills both supply and demand. Maybe instead of allowing 2 crafting skills, only give us 2 crew skills.

If they fix this system, as well as the GTN, the economy can start picking up.

I think you don't understand basic economics. Slicing was the only thing infusing money into the economy

:D

So, umm, all that loot that mobs drop that you vendor for credits is just imaginary? The money that is given for quest rewards? the credits that humanoid mobs drop? The cash you get at the end of a PvP match. All fake?

Edited by Tindahbawx

Exactly! Well said.

RubberKal

The ammo of credit sellers would be quite easy to detect because they use a setup where several accounts transmit all credits to a single one, who then transmits it to a 'large' number of customers without a valid transfer of goods.

The problem is that automating anti credit seller systems will either be easy to circumvent (for example the SWG one could be circumvented by giving a useless item in exchange for the credits) or is to aggressive giving many false positives. That leaves the system used by the majority of companies, manual checkup which is costly and slow.

In reality the only way to fully bypass gold/credit sellers is to either make everything so cheap it isn't worth doing it. Or selling it yourself for a price and security no credit seller can give. (For example Everquest has a few servers where you can buy in game items for real life money)

I just know that I have played MMO's since UO and known plenty of gold buyers and never knew one who got caught. I also dont think I have ever seen a mechanic that seemed so perfect for the gold farmers. They could send out companions and then farm low level mobs and nodes and rake it in. I dont remember seeing gold sellers in a game so quick as they were here.

:D

So, umm, all that loot that mobs drop that you vendor for credits is just imaginary? The money that is given for quest rewards? the credits that humanoid mobs drop? The cash you get at the end of a PvP match. All fake?

Not imaginary, just not enough. Hey, I understand a Jedi might like to live natural without the finer things, but my main, as a Sith, I've extorted money out of every npc that gave me the chance, so I should be rolling it it WITHOUT Slicing, but I'm not. Not even with Slicing (although I was headed there with pre-nerf Slicing). It's a game, it's not an economy lesson! It's a science fiction game, so even the science isn't real - why should the economy be real? When was the last time you went to log your main character in and he/she said she had a headache and didn't want to play? It is a game!! Please let us not lose sight of that fact. It is for entertainment, and nothing more.

RubberKal

I just know that I have played MMO's since UO and known plenty of gold buyers and never knew one who got caught. I also dont think I have ever seen a mechanic that seemed so perfect for the gold farmers. They could send out companions and then farm low level mobs and nodes and rake it in. I dont remember seeing gold sellers in a game so quick as they were here.

They generally go after credit sellers, not buyers. That is not to say there weren't a few cases where a game punished a buyer (though generally light punishment like a few days ban) but it is the exception rather than the norm.

And taking out a credit selling company's account isn't worth much anyway since they turn a high profit even if they were deleted every 3 rl days.