Best skill to make lots of money...?

Macepwnspalpy

Best way to make money honestly is grinding warzones, missions, selling loot, kill everything over and over and sell the loot, space fighting, and pretty much anything not related to crafting ;)

You cna still make money from slicing, but it will cost you early. Treasue hunting also.

Honestly id pick a crafting skill for what you need and use it for that. Like one of my alts make health packs for the rest of my characters, etc.

Market is to young and in shambles to give you a truthful answer.

Thanks for the reply's I think il give slicing a try :)

I wanna get rich.....Then make a alt and be bawss...so yea :3

Your signatur says:

"Master Beta Tester And Early Player A True V.I.P, "Problem" Normal V.I.P.S?"

And you don't know what's best ?

Some slicing mission still make money, you make a few credits on average (best return is about 25-30 credits per minute).

Was on some missions (the bountiful/rich ones) 110+ per min.

Edited by Kotli

Slicing still makes money as long as you don't solely run missions. Actually, if you skip missions and only slice world boxes (farming nodes) the result isn't that bad. and it's easier then other farming skills, as that yield isn't seen until you actually sell the mats on the GM.

the QQ about slicing is mostly about the mission quests...and all gathering skills lose money on the missions. stick with farming on your slicing and it nets decently.

Here is the deal about crafting.

As you have seen if you have even played the first 10 lvls you get orange gear alot. That gear if you wanted can be used from the second you get it till end game if you want. The thing thta makes orange gear good is the enhancements mods armor hilts and barrels.

So that being said I would suggest taking a skill that makes those items as people will always need better Item enhancements but they may never need to change that 1 pice of armor or weapon they got on the starting planet.

I took Arty Archo and TH and make good money lvling them and I as a SW I am able to make my own color crystals Hilts and Enhancements so I am also able to keep all my gear pretty well capped for the lvl.

Slicing is completely useless now. I started leveling it before the nerf and made maybe 50k, after the nerf I've continued to level it since I was so far along and would have been lucky to make 5k in the last 2 days. Completely useless now :(

Your signatur says:

"Master Beta Tester And Early Player A True V.I.P, "Problem" Normal V.I.P.S?"

And you don't know what's best ?

The OP was at best a joke or at worst a troll post intending to line up the next nerf target.

Anything that stands out as an excellent skill will be hammered despite it being available to everyone. The only logic that would fit that is an overwhelming concern that all choices in the game be equally viable. Except, of course, whatever choice just got nerfed.

People honestly need to stop complaining about the nerf to slicing. In my opinion, earning 100k+ credits by your 20's just from doing crew missions needs to be nerfed. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant portion of people complaining are doing 75% Crew Missions and 25% looting safes in open world. Not to mention that there's also augments and the schematics you can sell for income.

I'm sorry but i'm getting fed up of people crying because BW took away their button to print money.

Edited by dirtylilsmuggler

People honestly need to stop complaining about the nerf to slicing. In my opinion, earning 100k+ credits by your 20's just from doing crew missions needs to be nerfed. I wouldn't be surprised if a significant portion of people complaining are doing 75% Crew Missions and 25% looting safes in open world. Not to mention that there's also augments and the schematics you can sell for income.

I'm sorry but i'm getting fed up of people crying because BW took away their button to print money.

Amen brother!

If they didn't want Slicers running missions for money, they why did they make missions that only return credit boxes? Why not exclusively have missions that return augs and schematics? Having those credit missions in the game implies that "printing money" was considered a valid gathering endeavor and not some kind of deplorable exploit.

If they didn't want Slicers running missions for money, they why did they make missions that only return credit boxes? Why not exclusively have missions that return augs and schematics? Having those credit missions in the game implies that "printing money" was considered a valid gathering endeavor and not some kind of deplorable exploit.

Bad math is just that .. bad math ... not intention.

Slicing has never been and likely never will be the best money maker.

If you want the best money out there, here are some combinations you can think about...none of them is slicing.

Underworld Trading. By far the best money maker in the game. Terenthium at lower levels will make you instantly rich. Sell each bar for between 150 and 300 depending on what your server is going at. My first server is about 150, my Empire server is about 250.

I've gotten as many as 6 bars on a bountiful 120 credit 3.5 minute mission. You also get just as many schematics and missions as Slicing does which you can sell for extra money (check your market before selling).

With your crewmate going on UT missions, your other two skills should be gathering ones that you can use to sell off the proceeds. My suggestion is definitely Scavenging.

For lower levels, Plastoid, Bronzium, aluminum and ...whatever that other Plast one is...they all sell exceedingly well on the GTN. For the Desh and Silica, you can take a loss on it and sell it for 10 to 15 credits at the GTN, give it to friends or if you want to squeeze everything you can out of it, trade it to an alt with armortech and make the basic belts to sell to a vendor. Doing that raises the profit to 25 credits per Desh or Silica. Sell the crits on the GTN for a couple hundred credits.

For the last skill, I'd take Bioanalysis over Slicing. Slicing will give you free credits when you find a node, but Bio ingredients sell very well indeed and with the ability to "skin" a lot of strong beast enemies and higher you can rake in a lot more components than you will find slicing nodes.

If your market for Bio isn't that strong (since only one profession benefits from it unlike scavenging)...you can eventually drop it when you have three or so crew members and pick up Cybertech or Armortech (i'd suggest cybertech as the ship augments you can make sell very, very well...since you can't seem to buy level 2 schematics and the next store bought ones are level 3...there is a huge level range missing creating a nice market).

Slicing, even before the nerf, was never as profitable as using the GTN. Slicing was much less work which I'm guessing why it was weaker in profit. Back in the beta before the very first nerf, Slicing really was obscene. It was every bit as good as Underworld Trading but with the same effortless style. After that nerf, but before this last nerf, slicing was under performing in profit compared to the other gathering professions except that you never had to even look at the GTN to realize your gains, making it attractive.

With this nerf, over time you will still gain some cash by slicing and selling schematics, but it is so far below the other gathering professions now I can't really say why anyone would want it.

Bio and Scavenging can be used in Flashpoints for alternate routes and to get into otherwise inaccessible areas. I'm "guessing" slicing may allow the same in some of the higher flashpoints or operations, but I've never been in them so don't know for sure.

Hope that helps ya :)

Edited by Pestwulf

Yo :cool:

Whats the best "Profession" To make lots of credits? :o

Questing.

If you're really just trying to make money, take three skills that can harvest nodes (slicing, scavenging, bio) and just level through the content normally, harvesting all the nodes you see as you go and selling the mats on GTN.

Once you have spare companions you can send them out on missions to gather more while you're going, and the skills will already be leveled from your harvesting.

Slicing, even before the nerf, was never as profitable as using the GTN. Slicing was much less work which I'm guessing why it was weaker in profit. Back in the beta before the very first nerf, Slicing really was obscene. It was every bit as good as Underworld Trading but with the same effortless style. After that nerf, but before this last nerf, slicing was under performing in profit compared to the other gathering professions except that you never had to even look at the GTN to realize your gains, making it attractive.

Yes, and that was as it should be. Taking risks on the GTN should always provide greater reward than a steadier, safer route like Slicing. It seemed like it was already balanced if you actually listened to those that kept Slicing up to 50 and reported that it was a lackluster money-maker at the high-end compared to other activities. But because it had the potential to shine at mid-levels, it was deemed too imbalanced by the whining masses and apparently the code-heads at BW. Like it wasn't completely predictable what would happen if you put credit box missions into a crew skill.