Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 11/14/2019 added a delay on ability button updates (tool bar light up)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Patch 11/14/2019 added a delay on ability button updates (tool bar light up)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jambalayabungee
11.18.2019 , 05:54 PM | #21
Certain abilities with charges dont have the correct cooldown. Thermal Sensor Override is getting more than a dozen seconds longer than its intended cooldown. Its noticeable and a pain in the *** for all specs needing that ability .

The worse thing is, the only way you can actually get 2 charges of TSO is if you take the related bonus set for it, which nobody does, because not only its lacklusting, its also bugged and not working correctly -_-

I'm sure there are other instances of abilities with charges having longer cooldown than intended. I know its a different problem than the OP's one, but its related to the fact these abilities with charges seems a lot buggy

Gyronamics
11.19.2019 , 05:12 AM | #22
A lot of the problems I'm having is the UI seems to have been told to check distances every ~3 seconds.

As opposed to before and in fact since the start of the game where it was very rapid and slight fidgeting to get exact range was close enough to real time.

So I tab onto a tabbable target and run away or to them and I can see it SLOWLY updating distance every ~3 seconds or so.

I'm not even surprised my abilities are greyed out despite the target being in range, the UI is requesting a distance check so slowly it doesn't realise the distance is within range yet.

Cost saving?
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Percilator
11.19.2019 , 09:47 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
A lot of the problems I'm having is the UI seems to have been told to check distances every ~3 seconds.
It's not just a distance/range thing. There is a delay from when any ability should be usable to when it shows that it is usable.

Abilities that aren't usable until the target is under 30% HP won't light up for a few seconds after that point, gunslinger's trickshot that is only usable after using certain abilities doesn't light up for a few seconds (and that's only usable for 5 seconds, so you could totally miss that window unless you know it should be usable), abilities that just came off cooldown won't light up until a few seconds after, etc.

Getting stunned is the worst, all your abilities are lit up for a few seconds while you're stunned and stay dark for a few seconds after you are no longer stunned, and your CC breaker doesn't light up right away either. In a big mess of mobs and stuff it's hard to tell when you're stunned and when you're not. Smashing away at your buttons.. "Why is nothing working?!? Oh I'm stunned."

This needs to be fixed ASAP! Just revert the little changes you made to the UI, like adding commas to longer numbers. It's not like they were huge QoL improvements, or even very noticeable changes. Go back to the old UI code that worked for years until you figure out what you did to completely break it. Nobody cares about those little changes, but everybody cares that you broke it. This should be and needs to be a quick fix, and it's been a week.

LordHookem
11.19.2019 , 10:41 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Percilator View Post
It's not just a distance/range thing. There is a delay from when any ability should be usable to when it shows that it is usable.

Abilities that aren't usable until the target is under 30% HP won't light up for a few seconds after that point, gunslinger's trickshot that is only usable after using certain abilities doesn't light up for a few seconds (and that's only usable for 5 seconds, so you could totally miss that window unless you know it should be usable), abilities that just came off cooldown won't light up until a few seconds after, etc.

Getting stunned is the worst, all your abilities are lit up for a few seconds while you're stunned and stay dark for a few seconds after you are no longer stunned, and your CC breaker doesn't light up right away either. In a big mess of mobs and stuff it's hard to tell when you're stunned and when you're not. Smashing away at your buttons.. "Why is nothing working?!? Oh I'm stunned."

This needs to be fixed ASAP! Just revert the little changes you made to the UI, like adding commas to longer numbers. It's not like they were huge QoL improvements, or even very noticeable changes. Go back to the old UI code that worked for years until you figure out what you did to completely break it. Nobody cares about those little changes, but everybody cares that you broke it. This should be and needs to be a quick fix, and it's been a week.
What makes this even worse is the devs have gone dark. They made one mention about how they were aware of it and then nothing...I'm afraid we're gonna have to wait until the next big update to get it fixed which sucks because it makes the game almost unplayable.

TrixxieTriss
11.19.2019 , 11:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team is looking into abilities not lightning up as intended. I will pass on more info as I have it and thank you for your reports.

-eric
Any update or news on when this will be fixed??

Transcendent
11.20.2019 , 01:19 AM | #26
Hey folks,

The team is looking into abilities not lightning up as intended. I will pass on more info as I have it and thank you for your reports.

-eric
Eric, it isn't just a delay on lighting up abilities, there is a perceptible delay in abilities activating. Definitely makes playing even "normal" content challenging.

Also the buff bar will still show me as having 2 charges of TA on my operative, when in reality I have none available. It's become pretty hard to play the game in it's current state.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

TrixxieTriss
11.20.2019 , 01:42 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Eric, it isn't just a delay on lighting up abilities, there is a perceptible delay in abilities activating. Definitely makes playing even "normal" content challenging.

Also the buff bar will still show me as having 2 charges of TA on my operative, when in reality I have none available. It's become pretty hard to play the game in it's current state.
Yeah, it’s a least a 2 second delay sometimes before things activate. I gave up trying to teach my wife how to play a Guardian under these conditions. It’s just too hard and definitely not fun.

LordHookem
11.20.2019 , 09:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yeah, it’s a least a 2 second delay sometimes before things activate. I gave up trying to teach my wife how to play a Guardian under these conditions. It’s just too hard and definitely not fun.
This. I was running through a Guardian character and I've just given up now. It is too frustrating to play in this state.

I would just like for the devs to give us a timeframe on when we can expect a fix. This shouldn't be a hard issue to fix

Rion_Starkiller
11.20.2019 , 01:13 PM | #29
Hey folks,

-eric
This is still a problem on 11/20. It goes beyond abilities lighting up. They are also grayed out and look as if they are still on CD. There's also ability activation lag in operations, and possibly elsewhere. I play on Star Forge.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

SteveTheCynic
11.20.2019 , 01:34 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yeah. I'm definitely regretting trying to learn Fury Mara, to the extent that I'm regretting trying to relearn Carnage instead. Ugh.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.