Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 11/14/2019 added a delay on ability button updates (tool bar light up)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Patch 11/14/2019 added a delay on ability button updates (tool bar light up)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SteveTheCynic
11.15.2019 , 01:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
Everyone has the problem, its not latency, its packet structure
[citation needed]

What analysis were you able to do that revealed this?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

EricMusco
11.15.2019 , 02:53 PM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

The team is looking into abilities not lightning up as intended. I will pass on more info as I have it and thank you for your reports.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

bladech
11.15.2019 , 03:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

The team is looking into abilities not lightning up as intended. I will pass on more info as I have it and thank you for your reports.

-eric
it's getting worse. right now i was hitting target dummy on my operative and lacerete isn't lighting up even when i have tactical advantage in time. It starts to light up only in 1-2 seconds after iam actually get possibility of using it....sometimes if shows i can use some ability but in reality i CAN'T use it due to lack of tactical advantage points..

TrixxieTriss
11.15.2019 , 07:04 PM | #14
Hey folks,

-eric
I made this thread with a lot more details before I saw this one : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971989

It goes beyond the abilities being grayed out. There is also a 2 second delay before they activate.

Can we also lose the “new” visual count timer on jugg/guardian force leap as it has no charges now to worry about.
It’s very distracting and hard to see when force leap will be back up because I’m partially colour blind.
A number count down would be better. Like we can do for the whole task bar, (which I hate and don’t use), but you could just put it on the one ability that has charges instead of that grayed swirling timer I can’t see (im sure I’m not the only one).
And if I had to guess, I would say it’s a root problem behind the grayed ability problems.

TrixxieTriss
11.15.2019 , 07:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
it's getting worse. right now i was hitting target dummy on my operative and lacerete isn't lighting up even when i have tactical advantage in time. It starts to light up only in 1-2 seconds after iam actually get possibility of using it....sometimes if shows i can use some ability but in reality i CAN'T use it due to lack of tactical advantage points..
Yep, completely broken. Imagine if you are a new player or trying to play a new class. I can see people uninstalling if it’s not fixed fast and 6.0.2 will be too long to fix. In reality, I would say 48 hours will be too long for a lot of people. I really hope they are working through the weekend or they are going to lose a bunch of players who don’t know any better.

Are you also getting activation lag of about 1-2 seconds, even when they activate?

Tsillah
11.16.2019 , 04:33 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It goes beyond the abilities being grayed out. There is also a 2 second delay before they activate.
I can use most skills even when greyed out, but force charge is one that is not ready to be used even when the cd is done it seems.

Also there is a delay in updates for the distance to target. That only updates every couple of seconds, which is also annoying. All in all it's a really annoying bug and hope it gets resolved soon.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

LexxProAktiv
11.16.2019 , 09:36 PM | #17
Hey folks,

-eric
With the last patch, quite unpleasant errors appeared. Many abilities become available only after 2-3 seconds after their "rollback". The ability panel itself also works with errors.

LordHookem
11.17.2019 , 11:23 AM | #18
Hey folks,

-eric
Any update?

hesfalcon
11.18.2019 , 02:05 PM | #19
Besides the delay, I agree that the gray swirly thing is not an improvement. I went back and checked and I have 0.1 seconds on my cooldown "text" selected, but the swirly thing doesn't really tell me if I have time for another ability before the swirly one has cooled down. Please give me the text back.

LordHookem
11.18.2019 , 05:20 PM | #20
Um can we get some kind of update on this? Or are we seriously just gonna have to wait until 6.0.2 to get this fixed? Makes the game almost unplayable.