Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 11/14/2019 added a delay on ability button updates (tool bar light up)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Patch 11/14/2019 added a delay on ability button updates (tool bar light up)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slurmez
11.14.2019 , 07:27 PM | #1
As title says, since the patch there is a 1 second delay between ability "updates" in terms of lighting up abilities in range or unable to be used.

For example, force leap into combat, all powers will be grayed out for 1 second even though you are in melee range (they will activate though).

Another example, get stunned, abilities show as lit up (useable) and it takes 1 second before they gray out to indicate they are unusable due to the stun.

Someone has added a flawed check somewhere or rearranged the check structure which is causing issues and update delays, there may be a reason for it but it looks terrible and while I am sure a lot of people are assuming this is a lag related issue and will go away this is not the case.

Percilator
11.14.2019 , 08:21 PM | #2
I'm having the same issue. Sometimes it's more than a second, sometimes less, but there's always a delay. You can reproduce this by just targeting something out of range to make them go dark, and then clearing your target to light them up again. I've seen a delay of up to 3 seconds before my abilities will light up / go dark.

I tried forcing a verify/repair a couple times by deleting the bitraider folder but it didn't help. It was working perfectly fine yesterday.

In addition to being stunned or just getting into range, the delay is also problematic if you run out of force and your abilities go dark, they won't light up as soon as you have enough force again. It's making combat difficult and annoying.

My Specs: i9 9900k, RTX2080ti, 32GB RAM, Win10 v1809, 175Mbps fiber at around 60ms latency (from central Canada) on the Satele Shan server.

Edit: Made a video https://youtu.be/rHZbzx4pt_8

cibacrome
11.15.2019 , 02:02 AM | #3
Same issue here - this delay seriously affects rotation as abilities appear available off gcd but aren't, and vice versa, during the delay which seems to vary from .5 to 1 second. As others mentioned, it's 100% consistent, and nothing seems to fix it, and it started immediately after patching. Before patch this did not happen.

SteveTheCynic
11.15.2019 , 02:53 AM | #4
Confirmed in Europe as well. I play from northern France on The Leviathan (server physically in Ireland) with 32ms server ping and I see ability status display lag and a certain amount of ability activation lag as well(1). (i7 7820X, GTX 1080, *not* WiFi in the local network.)

(1) It made playing Skytrooper Central(2) even less entertaining than normal.

(2) KotFE Chapter X, duh.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Ceonnyn
11.15.2019 , 05:05 AM | #5
I have this problem as well.

I have not played SWTOR in a while and so I was struggling to remember if the behavior was the same or not.

Basically I can charge into combat, try to press 1 for my normal attack and the game will say something like "You cannot use this skill while invisible" or something like that.

Then after a second I can attack normally and everything behaves as expected.

p.s. I am playing out of Germany, near Frankfurt

Ahwassa
11.15.2019 , 05:26 AM | #6
I experience the same on Tulak Hord.
I hope they fix it soon - the fights feel "strange".

Farferello
11.15.2019 , 05:27 AM | #7
Having the same issue on my Scoundrel. Abilities are lighting up to show they can be used when they can't and dimming to say they can't be used when they can. Incredibly annoying, I'm having to spend more time watching my buff bar than anything else because of the weird delay.

omaan
11.15.2019 , 06:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
As title says, since the patch there is a 1 second delay between ability "updates" in terms of lighting up abilities in range or unable to be used.

For example, force leap into combat, all powers will be grayed out for 1 second even though you are in melee range (they will activate though).

Another example, get stunned, abilities show as lit up (useable) and it takes 1 second before they gray out to indicate they are unusable due to the stun.

Someone has added a flawed check somewhere or rearranged the check structure which is causing issues and update delays, there may be a reason for it but it looks terrible and while I am sure a lot of people are assuming this is a lag related issue and will go away this is not the case.
Yeah i also noticed this delay. Pretty annoying for pvp tbh. This should be fixed ASAP

Slurmez
11.15.2019 , 12:20 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ceonnyn View Post
I have this problem as well.

I have not played SWTOR in a while and so I was struggling to remember if the behavior was the same or not.

Basically I can charge into combat, try to press 1 for my normal attack and the game will say something like "You cannot use this skill while invisible" or something like that.

Then after a second I can attack normally and everything behaves as expected.

p.s. I am playing out of Germany, near Frankfurt
Everyone has the problem, its not latency, its packet structure

Void_Singer
11.15.2019 , 01:43 PM | #10
Confirmation for Star Forge... and I can say without a doubt it's neither my connection nor my computer

I can literally get 10m closer to a mob before the UI updates, I can't fast switch targets to fire off an interrupt because the interrupt ability doesn't get enabled in a timely fashion. it's a serious problem.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.