Operation Difficulty Progression

Is there an official list, that shows which flashpoints are harder than others, and which operations are harder than other. for example, should my guild be doing normal EV first? or normal Kraggas? Or are all normal operations the same difficulty level, and the only difference is the loot dropped?

First of all, Republic or Empire? It's important because there are two faction sepcific HM FPs.

From a tank's perspective I think the difficulty in HM for republics goes like this:

Taral V (a joke, but beware of the bugs) < Esseles < Maelstrom Prison <Directive 7 = Battle for Ilum = False Emperor < Kanon Under Seige (only due to bonus boss)

Regular mode EV is definitely easier than KP. You should go

Clear regular EV -> Clear regular KP -> Clear the first 4 bosses of HM EV -> Clear HM KP -> Kill HM Soa -> Clear first 4 bosses of Nightmare mode EV -> Clear Nightmare mode KP -> Kill Nightmare mode Soa -> Timed run clear of Nightmare mode KP & EV

Both operations are very easy on normal mode. On hard mode, Soa is difficult while the rest are just a little bit harder. Flashpoints are all fairly easy with a few random bosses that are a little more difficult. Bosses people generally seem to have trouble with (or I hear complain about) are the final boss in Boarding Party, Bulwark in D7, Sith Entity in False Emp, Krel Thak in Battle for Ilum, and the robot bonus boss in Kaon.

The bonus boss on Kaon Under Siege is really not that difficult once you figure out how to beat him and if you have two party members that can stun droids.

I don't want to steal the joy of learning this on your own but if you're having trouble with the bonus boss, follow this strategy.

First, if you don't have two people that can cc droids, you'll be having some trouble.

The first thing you do is clear out the room right before the bonus boss. The room that has the flaming fountain in it. Then, you keep your two dps (the ones that can cc droids) near the exit door of this room and have your healer and tank pull the boss through the hallway and into the room. The tank should LOS the boss with one of the pillars to bring the boss all the way into the room. When the boss spawns the adds, they will spawn where the boss was before, in the next area and will spend time making their way to the group. As the adds enter the room, have your dps CC two of the adds and burn the third down. The group can then deal with the adds one at a time fairly easily. The second time the adds spawn, you can just kill one of the adds and keep the other two CCed and burn the boss down. Of course, you'll have to kill the adds after the boss is dead, but by that point you would have looted the boss and distributed loot, so it's all good.

I hope this little strategy helps. It makes the fight a bit simpler and less hectic but it still doesn't trivialize the fight, so make sure your tank and healer can handle all the damage that the boss puts out.

Thanks for the replies. Ok, Republic side for me. I've done all the hardmode FP's, and yeah, the bonus on Kaon is probably one of the hardest. My guild cleared normal EV last week, and I was wondering where we should head to next. I assumes kragga's but a friend told me that normal kragga's is harder than hardmode EV. So that's what brought me here. I'm not taking bugs/glitches into consideration for difficuly level. I see from your list that we should do Kragga's normal, then EV hard.

If your guild is clearing HMs do HM ops

Also for others reading, if you are looking for what HM to do it depends on who in your group is geared:

If tank/healer are geared do kaon without the bonus since there are no fast enrage times, trying to remember but I dont think ilum does either (skip the boss after the mine, you can walk around him if you corner hug)

If your dps are geared esseles and Taral V are the best to hit up

The hardest I would say are false emp and D7 for Rep due to the quick enrages of bulwark and HK also the mentor fight is a real pain for healers to heal due to generally pulling aggro on that crane laser crap

I have yet to do maelstrom but hear it isnt bad mostly like Kaon where its knowing the fights over gear

Well, since my guild has cleared all the 16 man nightmare mode operations bosses, I feel I have some experience to speak from.

Step 1: Do the quest series on Ilum and Belsavis Bonus series. You will end up going to these places almost every day for quests. Go ahead and get a group together to take on the Heroic Quests in the area since they will give you Epic Augments. Also feel tree to run Battle of Ilum and False Emperor as those instances on normal mode give pretty decent gear that can be agumented for better results. Once you have a few decent you'll be good enough to carry your weight in the next stage.

Step 2 a: If your playing Empire, The Black Talon runs are a good way to start building up your Tionese commendations as well as net you some Tiones and Tionese equivalent gear pieces. The Biometric Crystal Alloy you can loot from the boss can also be used by crafting profressions.

For Armor Mech and Synthweaving you can craft Rakata Belts and Bracers. If you get lucky, you can also get a critical when you craft those, which will give you an additional Augment slot for you to further increase the stats of the item. Currently the Rakata Belt and Bracers with Augment slots are the best in slot in the game for those classes.

Step 2 b: Once you have a full guild with 8 players at level 50, start running Normal Mode operations right away. Annihlation droid is a gear check and an Awareness check. If your guild manages to kill the first boss in Eternity Vault, you have the gear and the skill necessary to really begin raiding.

Step 3: After you've cleared Black Talon or the Republic Equivalent enough times, or if you've manage to kill a few bosses in Eternity Vault, you can begin doing more difficult Heroic Flashpoints. Use these to keep filling in the holes in your gear until you have really good gear.

Progression: Normal EV = Heroic FPs > Normal KP > Heroic Operations > Nightmare Operations

Contrary to what people might say, Soa is not the hardest boss in Heroic and Nightmare Mode Operations. The 2nd boss in Kragga's Palace, Jarg and Sorno, they are the hardest bosses in Nightmare Mode.

Once you figure out how to deal with the Lightning Ball, its taxing on the healers, but it makes Soa easy.

Once you figure out how to deal with Kragga's Typhoon, and you figure out how to position him, he's actually pretty easy also.

Jarg and Sorno are highly taxing on pretty much the whole raid.

Thanks for the replies. Ok, Republic side for me. I've done all the hardmode FP's, and yeah, the bonus on Kaon is probably one of the hardest. My guild cleared normal EV last week, and I was wondering where we should head to next. I assumes kragga's but a friend told me that normal kragga's is harder than hardmode EV. So that's what brought me here. I'm not taking bugs/glitches into consideration for difficuly level. I see from your list that we should do Kragga's normal, then EV hard.

I agree with your friend hard mode EV is easier then normal KP. At least up to Soa. The first bosses in both areas are gear checks really and the enrage timer for the Rancor is much harder to beat then the the robot in HM EV.