if you want this game to thrive..

AirNetPres

Please, for the love of all that's dark...

Completely "scrap" space combat. It's like playing Galaga.

Hire some of the guys from SWG and do it right.

Who cares about another new "companion"?

Really... You've got enough of that..

Now pay attention to the part of the game that absolutely detracts from the rest.

Sorry.

Just my $50 worth.

Now pay attention to the part of the game that absolutely detracts from the rest.

Sorry.

Just my $50 worth.

I beta tested SWG:JTL Those were some of the most memorable times I've ever had in an MMO. I remember the developer in charge of Rebel Space quests. His name was:

SWG Dev: Niklas "Swede" Johansson.

Swede was a top notch and prefessional dev working his butt off 24/7. All of the Beta-testers were excited at having their feedback acknowledged and heard by the JTL team.

The team really needs to get their act together. The things they are focused on and working on are not what the player base wants or is asking for.

They should be ready to announce an expansion on the 1 year anniversary. It should include space being taken off rails, 5 - 10 additional levels, the re-implementation of Ilum and open world PvP, a new adventure planet for PvE, a new acheivement system, and chat bubbles. I know the chat bubbles are a tough one...

I honestly like the space combat, I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. If we're talking space combat, then why don't talk about making ship upgrades easier to come by? I'm frustrated that the highest thing you can buy with your credits is blue ship gear that gets outdated very quickly by the time you reach the level 45+ missions, and it's still a struggle even before then. Make the fleet commendations actually worth something other than social gear, or make the gear boxes you can buy with them actually drop ONLY ship upgrades.

Just my 2 cents.

The team really needs to get their act together. The things they are focused on and working on are not what the player base wants or is asking for.

They should be ready to announce an expansion on the 1 year anniversary. It should include space being taken off rails, 5 - 10 additional levels, the re-implementation of Ilum and open world PvP, a new adventure planet for PvE, a new acheivement system, and chat bubbles. I know the chat bubbles are a tough one...

Not to mention player housing.

You didn't play SWG, did you?

It's like night and day my friend...

I honestly like the space combat, I don't see anything wrong with it to be honest. If we're talking space combat, then why don't talk about making ship upgrades easier to come by? I'm frustrated that the highest thing you can buy with your credits is blue ship gear that gets outdated very quickly by the time you reach the level 45+ missions, and it's still a struggle even before then. Make the fleet commendations actually worth something other than social gear, or make the gear boxes you can buy with them actually drop ONLY ship upgrades.

Just my 2 cents.

Sorry.

Just my $50 worth.

One of the beauties of an MMO like SWTOR is that you do not HAVE to do anything you do not like to do. Space combat on rails is not enjoyable for everyone, but it IS quick and easy...like EVERY OTHER daily quest. If you do not enjoy don't do it. Personally, I loved the space combat...the first time around. On my first character I did EVERY space combat daily EVERY day (until I realized I did not need anything from it anymore). On my second character, I did every space combat that would generate XP until I hit level 50 with that character and then I only did the last one for the daily comms until I did not need them anymore. On my latest character, I am doing the space combat quests once maybe twice primarily so I can see the differences between imperial and republic, and on occasion when I am about to ding another level and I happen to be on my ship.

The point is, that very much like you, I have lost interest in space combat. But I do not come to these forums to demand change, because I know that there are plenty of players that do enjoy space combat as is.

lastly, I would not compare something you do not like to something that holds great nostalgic memories for a large portion of the playing population. Galaga was a GREAT game for its time :D

Hey don't insult Galaga like that by comparing it to TOR's space combat. Galaga is much more fun :p

It would be nice if they brought a similar SWG style space combat. I have fond memories of grouping aboard a guild member's YT and blasting fighters with a fellow gunner while he flew the ship. Not to mention the space style pvp (which I would actually do despite being a 100% pve player)

Edited by randylm

Just my 2 cents.

Ignoring the fact that this game need its space combat made like xwing or JTL. I'm going to just point out that the space upgrades are currently one of the few areas that bio are encouraging the market, the top level space parts are only craftable by Cybertechs so find one and get a set if purple gear for your ship.

On the fleet comms again there is no better way of getting the top level mats in game, Grab them and then get a crafter to make your level 27 gear parts.

Ignoring the fact that this game need its space combat made like xwing or JTL. I'm going to just point out that the space upgrades are currently one of the few areas that bio are encouraging the market, the top level space parts are only craftable by Cybertechs so find one and get a set if purple gear for your ship.

On the fleet comms again there is no better way of getting the top level mats in game, Grab them and then get a crafter to make your level 27 gear parts.

The crafter thing is part of the issue. I'm not saying it shouldn't be done away with, I'm saying that it needs to be revamped.

If, say, a space mission at every level had a 10-15% chance to drop a ship upgrade that was two levels above the current buyable upgrades (Level 5 blue piece when you are level 30 since that is around when you get your Grade 3 upgrades), then maybe you could get through some of the more difficult ones. The advanced version of Drexel sweep for the Republic(Can't remember the name of it for the Imps at the moment, I want to say Arechnar Interception but I don't think that's it) is rather difficult to complete, even in full Grade 5 upgrades. By the end of it, even doing every barrel roll I can possibly do and tossing out all my missles, being conservative with my shooting so my shields will regenerate faster, I still end up with practically no shields and no health left on my ship, just barely sc****** out of the end.

And that space mission is just a level 40 one, grade 5 are recommended. The previous space missions, the ones where they tell you the recommended ship upgrades, are rather easy with said upgrades, simply because it scales better. But as you advance, even the vendor upgrades barely hold up. The change I'm proposing is actually rather simple.

Every space mission has a chance, as stated above 5-10%, to drop a piece of gear for your ship that is better than the vendored pieces. These would basically be the blue versions of the gear you can buy on the GTN. They would help you progress through a mission with a bit more ease than the Grade 5 vendor pieces. This eliminates the issue of people having to go buy ship upgrades from people on the GTN, which can be very pricey, if they are only going to be doing one daily mission. It also makes it easier, and more rewarding, for people to actually do these missions and not just another "Oh do it for daily comms" thing.

I like the space combat. It's more like a mini game. Bioware needs to concentrate on the ground game. I doubt seriously that SWTOR: JTL is ever gonna happen.

no i don't think it will be like JTL from what I have heard in all the interviews it sounds more like it would be like a warzone of Star Wars Battlefront Space combat or X-wing vs Tie Fighter.

People constantly bringing up SWG.

Yet when it was in tis prime it had a max of about 350,000 subscribers in the first 6 months and it only went downhill.

All these people saying they want SWG back, they are the same people who were begging for it to end. Its incedible it survived for how long it did.

For me and a LOT of other players JTL is what kept us subbed for 8 years. We had great space events. I can't think of any other space flight sim that was as good as JTL. If JTL was re-released as a stand alone game I would pre-pre-pre- order it. There have been rumors of a new SW on-line flight sim from Lucas arts forever but I believe its just wish full thinking. IMO if it wasn't for JTL SWG would never have lasted as long as it did.