Stunned 44x in a 10-12 minute Voidstar Match

Mercbenz

Lets break that down to 3 secs on average and toss a few off for popping the breaker and add a few unbroken CC in that and I was "unable" to play for around 2 minutes or 15-20% of the match. I was full resolved once. This is just broken.....

I get CC, it has a place in games, but stun is just a frustrating thing to do to a player and this game does it over and over like no other (except Daoc Stungard days). Is there another modern MMO that doesn't have diminishing returns on stuns, immunity after breakers, or some combination of things?

What do we need to do to get BW to fix this?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets break that down to 3 secs on average and toss a few off for popping the breaker and add a few unbroken CC in that and I was "unable" to play for around 2 minutes or 15-20% of the match. I was full resolved once. This is just broken.....

I get CC, it has a place in games, but stun is just a frustrating thing to do to a player and this game does it over and over like no other (except Daoc Stungard days). Is there another modern MMO that doesn't have diminishing returns on stuns, immunity after breakers, or some combination of things?

More QQ threads?

The best thing happens when you get the ball and you can't move: stun, stun, stun, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, stun, root, root, root, root, root, root, stun, root.

I am joking. You can't survive that long for all this to happen :D.

The best thing happens when you get the ball and you can't move: stun, stun, stun, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, root, stun, root, root, root, root, root, root, stun, root.

Best post yet :D

I do not believe you.

More QQ threads?

Why am I not surprised by this reaction. Awesome contribution to the thread though.

As for some of the other posts, good points that this doesn't even count roots. It's also good to know I seem to not be the only one that never gets resolve anymore.

My point was how insane it was once I counted it. If you throw roots and snares in there, it's pretty likely that you'll be incapacitated in some way for 30% of a fight or more. There's got to be better systems where players aren't handcuffed for minutes per WZ.

I do not believe you.

Count and let me know, I'd be curious how it shakes out for others. I just grabbed 1 random match. I did happen to be on a meele class and our opponents had bubble stun (most stuns seemed to be casted though). Seriously, count it up and let me know.

OP is right in a lot of WZ's i'll be cc'd til dead and the CC/Roots/Stuns/Knockbacks/Knockdowns are way outta control in this game.

It's called being jumped 3/4/5/6/7/8v1....it happens

That said the more annoying thing in the game are roots, but hey I like to use my roots too...if you get CCd/rooted to death....why don't you try doing it to your opponents as well?

I wouldn't hurt if Bioware either took away one stun from each class or lowered the cooldown of each classes ability to break these stuns/roots.

It does become annoying when you bounce from stun to stun, followed up by roots. It should be about combat and yes, you could argue that players need to decided when to use their stunbreak ability. When faced with an army of stuns, it becomes a joke.

Stun locks being my favourite. Its such a shame that these stuns STILL spoil what is fun combat. And I am trying to figure out why the QQ backpedal babies are out again? Is it a crime to backpedal?

Edited by DarthMaulUK

I sent EA customer service a message regarding the stuns. Here is their response.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us.

We appreciate the time you took to send us your impressions and ideas, and we can assure you that our Development team is always interested in receiving constructive feedback from our players.

To ensure that your ideas are seen by the right people, we recommend posting them on our Suggestion Box forum at http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349 so that they can be seen by the Development team. While our Developers may not post in every thread created there, they do read the forums on a regular basis, and are constantly looking for feedback from our players.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope to see your ideas posted on the Suggestion Box soon.

We can aslo recommend visiting our help centre for answers to any questions you may have.

The help centre is available at http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter.

While we understand the frustration your issue may cause, we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you require further assistance with this or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid X1-A1

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service

Edited by HaLeX

After that, CC break > Pull into fire > Root > Ded

I was also under the impression using your stuns strategically would be important. Since 1.4 it seems people just use it when it's up because there's no real harm most of the time. I see lowbies popping knock back in the worst situations just cause it is up as well. In ranked this issue wasn't bad as good teams do use stuns strategically but now bubble throws that out the windows. It's to the point that I'd rather burn down the tanks than go after a great bubble sage/sorc.

I sent in a ticket and got that same response, it's a template.

In an effort to make this productive, lets get more stun match counts and ideas how to fix this (since BW clearly can't).

I love the shorter cool down on the breaker, but I think it needs a small immunity window.

Stunning a stunned player could backfire, break their stun, or maybe just add a lot of resolve.

Resolve could fill 4x but full resolve may make you debuffed and take say 10% more damage.

Roots should add resolve

I'd like a red text message when stunned

Edited by Mercbenz

Nerf the bubble so you can't click it off for on demand cc. And bubbles are fixed.

Then realize that wz play is objective based and not team deathmatch.

Learn to recognise that stuns, roots and slows are tactical tools and use them as such.

Profit.

(making bubbles give 600 resolve and instakill the only sage/sorc pvp spec)

(make bubble stun only work on the caster himself and destroy the spec)

The only way to fix this issue is to redesign the resolve system.

In a 1v1 you don't need a resolve system. You can't be stunned to death. Being stunlock killed only occurs when you have 2 or more players attacking 1 opponent. In this situation, a functioning resolve system becomes absolutely critical for the enjoyment of all players. Biowares current implementation is awful. The previous implementation was also terrible. They can do much better.

The only way to fix this issue is to redesign the resolve system.

In a 1v1 you don't need a resolve system. You can't be stunned to death. Being stunlock killed only occurs when you have 2 or more players attacking 1 opponent. In this situation, a functioning resolve system becomes absolutely critical for the enjoyment of all players. Biowares current implementation is awful. The previous implementation was also terrible. They can do much better.

Ive killed a solo defender without taking damage aka i stunlocked him (Hidden strike, stun, backstab+shiv+lacerate, hidden strike) so ez.

Stuns just become part of the game at this point since its been that way for so long. What is even more frustrating for myself is losing control of my character for 4+ seconds and still taking damage. Now from what I can remember from PvP in WoW (its been a while) is that if you are CCd in any way shape or form, as soon as you take a tick of damage even from a DoT you immediately break stun. Its so frustrating to spawn with 0 resolve, get stunned and smashed then force choked while taking ranged attacks and dead before you can even hit one ability. In my opinion, CC is intended to incapacitate a target while others are burned down or to interrupt casting such as taking a healer out of the equation for a few seconds but not to burn that player down who loses control of his or her character. Its insane! Edited by Kirothen

OP is right in a lot of WZ's i'll be cc'd til dead and the CC/Roots/Stuns/Knockbacks/Knockdowns are way outta control in this game.

Absolutely right they are!!!

ALL CC's need to have an impact on Resolve. I'd compromise on slows/snares, but the decision to leave roots out of the Resolve equation was moronic. Anything that halts your movement should impact Resolve.