PvP Pyro 1.2 Impressions so Far, Modding Tests.

exphryl

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else over the past few days noticed any change in their damage? Since the patch Tuesday it feels like I am missing on a ton of my shots. I am mostly all WH gear and replaced most of the accuracy mods with WH surge and power mods. My accuracy is now down to 92.8%. I had all my BM gear modded the same way prior to 1.2 and I had low accuracy and barely ever noticed a missed shot. Now though it seems like it is becoming an issue. Anyone else notice this?

I do however miss my matrix shard :( Bugs ftl.

I sort of glad the matrix shards are gone (they will be back). I found that have 2x Power PvP relics (War Hero and Battlemaster) allows you to use each one 30 seconds later. Of course you can use 2x War hero relics (one Power and one Crit/surge), but the extra crit/surge gets mostly wasted due to DR.

I am actually gonna get the WH offhand. 16 aim and 30 expertise, yes please.

For sure. It's still an upgrade, even if slightly.

I just feel for the amount of comms it takes, it's better to re-outfit the rest of your gear first. Trying to get the most out of the least kind of thing.

thats exactly what ive done, i just need to do it for a few more of my pieces and all of my accuracy will be gone, but i am going by whichever upgrade gives me the most aim>expertise>power>surge and the offhand is the one that is doing it for me right now. with 30 expertise I should be able to maintain the same expertise and add an item with more pvp stats, or just get more expertise. Edited by Hardened

Noticed your accuracy is trending higher, just coincidence I imagine.

This is pretty much where I aiming for now as a Vanguard (i say vg bc some of our gear has tiny differences). Check wishlist: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/6c4d0eaa-b216-4ab6-be9a-48cf77d106d6

Not sure its possible to gear for more damage in pvp than this. 1800+ aim w/ stim and 1200ish expertise looks to be just about the bee's knees.

Edited by ShiroRX

Noticed your accuracy is trending higher, just coincidence I imagine.

I'm stll iffy on Accuracy with this patch. So many things hit so hard that anything that lowers my chance of killing them is potential fatal for myself.

It didn't mean much pre 1.2 since not many classes could match our damage. It's pretty tough now though. More of a "play it and see if I die more" type thing right now.

PS: They need to enable a stat tracking thing so I can see how many stupid million credits I've spent doing modding tests. Which wouldn't be so bad but I despise dailies :(

Edited by exphryl

The only class I've seen touch our potential dmg wise is shared tree sniper/slinger.

Started to consider additional accuracy on my ultimate gear. Basically 5% accuracy vs .5-.6% crit multiplier. Not much more, but it feels worth it. Personal comfort zone at 95/96%.

Edited by ShiroRX

Giving up 0.5-0.6% Surge to gain 5% Accuracy should be an easy call. The amount of identical mobs or training dummy parsing sessions you would have to run to accurately quantify the improvement 0.5-0.6% Surge brings to the table is rather large, from a purely statistical perspective. There's not much point in sacrificing 5% of anything for a gain elsewhere that would take you literally thousands of mobs to actually identify as anything outside of RNG generated noise.

Besides, HiB/RS is your bread and butter as Assault/PT. You don't want way too much Accuracy, but a little isn't a bad thing

Giving up 0.5-0.6% Surge to gain 5% Accuracy should be an easy call. The amount of identical mobs or training dummy parsing sessions you would have to run to accurately quantify the improvement 0.5-0.6% Surge brings to the table is rather large, from a purely statistical perspective. There's not much point in sacrificing 5% of anything for a gain elsewhere that would take you literally thousands of mobs to actually identify as anything outside of RNG generated noise.

Besides, HiB/RS is your bread and butter as Assault/PT. You don't want way too much Accuracy, but a little isn't a bad thing

The edge on Surge gear just becomes too harsh at that point for my tastes. If we weren't reliant on white hits there would be nothing else to push but surge and power. 1850+ aim, 470ish power, 1230 expertise will probably be "enough" damage to sacrifice for accuracy.

--

Also. Anyone thinking of going alignment jets vs faster vent heat, do it. Switched two days ago and it feels like I need to force the issue so hard to even run out of resource in pvp. It removes a lot of the, I want to call it...."compulsion" to use vent heat earlier.

Edited by ShiroRX

The edge on Surge gear just becomes too harsh at that point for my tastes. If we weren't reliant on white hits there would be nothing else to push but surge and power. 1850+ aim, 470ish power, 1230 expertise will probably be "enough" damage to sacrifice for accuracy.

--

Also. Anyone thinking of going alignment jets vs faster vent heat, do it. Switched two days ago and it feels like I need to force the issue so hard to even run out of resource in pvp. It removes a lot of the, I want to call it...."compulsion" to use vent heat earlier.

I switched to alignment jets a few weeks ago when somebody earlier in this thread mentioned that.I haven't missed Vent Heat cooldown since. So many knockbacks, stuns, etc going around and unless my eyes deceive me, GAJ doesn't have an ICD so my heat stays very low.

I switched to alignment jets a few weeks ago when somebody earlier in this thread mentioned that.I haven't missed Vent Heat cooldown since. So many knockbacks, stuns, etc going around and unless my eyes deceive me, GAJ doesn't have an ICD so my heat stays very low.

I dont think I ever ran a pyro spec without it. It's definitely worth it.

thats exactly what ive done, i just need to do it for a few more of my pieces and all of my accuracy will be gone, but i am going by whichever upgrade gives me the most aim>expertise>power>surge and the offhand is the one that is doing it for me right now. with 30 expertise I should be able to maintain the same expertise and add an item with more pvp stats, or just get more expertise.

I did exactly what you are saying you are doing and had my accuracy only on one piece (my weapon). My accuracy was down to 92.8% and let me tell you the number of misses went up significantly. Since then I switched out one of my BM Surge/Power implants with an Augmented Columi Implant which has boosted my accuracy up to 94.4% and I can already see a large reduction in the number of misses. My surge is still sitting at 78.7%, so I am going to swap out the other BM Surge/Power Implant for a WH Accuracy/ Power Implant which should have me at 95% or 96% accuracy while still at 77.9% surge.

I have decided I am going keep the PVE Implant , modded orange bracer and belt (which will only have 30 expertise but huge Aim and Endurance increases), and my Matrix. My Expertise will only be around 1050, however even while running the traditional 4/6/31 build I still will be able to crack the 1800 Aim mark.

I tried ask mr robot but it seems i am about 2% surge short of what i see ingame, I need to re examine my gear and fix it when i have enough time. Is 37 tech power really a big deal? The game right after I got my offhand i get a 6.7k crit railshot Edited by Hardened

I tried ask mr robot but it seems i am about 2% surge short of what i see ingame, I need to re examine my gear and fix it when i have enough time. Is 37 tech power really a big deal? The game right after I got my offhand i get a 6.7k crit railshot

You add the legacy? its worth some surge.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/d1151d3e-b7a1-4463-8dc7-4aef42a50c4e thats me. close atleast. I don't have the money to buy the armoring for my bracer so I am going to get it from kephess sometime in the future. I need to also increase affection for my companions.I even made a wish list so you can see where i am going. I'm not totally sure I'm going to go that way though. I Am unsure now what to do. I have the coms for the another pair of boots so I can use the mods but I am not sure If I will have too much surge and too little crit/accuracy Edited by Hardened