Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Covert Energy Chest Dye Slot

PetFish
05.18.2014 , 03:34 AM | #1
At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug. So I'm here to report it.

At first glance this doesn't seem to make much sense but, as it stands, if I want to use this chest but have a certain dye then I have to buy that dye for every other piece of gear since there's nothing to "unify" to. Obviously, putting a dye module into the invisible chest won't do anything for the chest but it'll allow me to unify the rest of my gear to it.

End of line.
Here's my referral link if you want to help me out and also get your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | Dalari'ia Republic | Faloni'ia Imperial

OddballEasyEight
05.18.2014 , 08:56 AM | #2
Heh, you're right!

At first I thought "well why would it have a dye slot?"
But yeah, if you want to dye the rest of your outfit that's the way to do it.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

Lednew
05.19.2014 , 01:16 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug.
Probably not so much of a bug, as an understandable oversight. I'm guessing someone looked at this piece of gear and said;
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
At first I thought "well why would it have a dye slot?"
...without taking into account the "color-match to chest" function.

I hope they correct this. I can't imagine it would be difficult to do.

Umwak
05.19.2014 , 05:22 AM | #4
At the recent Vancouver Cantina Tour stop I was talking with one of the developers about this and he seemed surprised that this chest didn't have a dye slot already and thinks it's probably a bug. So I'm here to report it.

At first glance this doesn't seem to make much sense but, as it stands, if I want to use this chest but have a certain dye then I have to buy that dye for every other piece of gear since there's nothing to "unify" to. Obviously, putting a dye module into the invisible chest won't do anything for the chest but it'll allow me to unify the rest of my gear to it.

End of line.
Yes, please! The lack of dye slot in the Covert Chest seems like an oversight. It would be nice if the dye slot there also affected the color of the female sports bra look that female characters have when using the Covert Chest.

PetFish
04.07.2015 , 11:32 PM | #5
It's been over a year.

I know it's not major or anything but it seems like maybe they just need to change a variable in the code like "dyeslot=1" or something if it really were a bug.

Poop.
Here's my referral link if you want to help me out and also get your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Need help with any Datacrons? Look me up:
Harbinger | Dalari'ia Republic | Faloni'ia Imperial

Lednew
04.11.2015 , 03:42 PM | #6
It's been over a year.
I know it's not major or anything but it seems like maybe they just need to change a variable in the code like "dyeslot=1" or something if it really were a bug.
Poop.
I don't think they realize how much of a difference it would make if one of them came into some of these more obvious suggestion threads and said something like;

"Well, we thought about it and decided against it because...."
"It's on our list of things we want to get around to doing someday, but don't hold your breath...."
"It sounds simple, but it's actually extremely complicated thing to implement...."

Saying "no" may not be the answer we'd like, but the dead silence is just plain annoying.

"Lana... Lana... Lana! LANA!!"
"What?!"
".......Danger zone."

Damask_Rose
04.11.2015 , 04:26 PM | #7
This would be a nice little improvement. Sadly I don't think any little improvements will ever make it on the "To Do" list.

Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks

Will we hear about Theron Soon™?

MaximusRex
04.12.2015 , 12:21 AM | #8
Try sending Tait a PM.