No April Fool's Joke = Maintenance Mode

iowaboynca

So many complain that the game has a small staff, with no time to address issues, and this means that they're in "maintenance mode".

Then they chose to not waste time engaging in juvenile stupidity, and someone complains that this also means that the game is in "maintenance mode."

They really can't win at all...

(Never mind that people keep using "maintenance mode" for something that it does in fact not mean.)

So many complain that the game has a small staff, with no time to address issues, and this means that they're in "maintenance mode".

Then they chose to not waste time engaging in juvenile stupidity, and someone complains that this also means that the game is in "maintenance mode."

(Never mind that people keep using "maintenance mode" for something that it does in fact not mean.)

100% a case of damned if they do, damned if they dont ;/

They could always release plentiful content for all types of players while doing a April Fools Joke :(.

Your points are unrelated and only reinforce the OP's post. They do have a small staff, don't address real issues, this does mean they are in maintenance mode. While in maintenance mode, they don't have time to waste on juvenile stupidity or have fun with their remaining player base, therefore it only reinforces that they are in maintenance mode.

Quite possibly they just know they shouldn't make a joke because the fact is becoming more and more true as time goes that the devs are a joke at developing the content and progress of this game.

I'm starting to think that Max 's posts should be stickied. They certainly make the most sense the majority of the time.

Considering when they did something last year people complained. It is just April 1, April fool's joke nothing that important. If you are saying because they didn't do something for April Fool's Day then maybe the problem is with you. My professor didn't do an April fool's day joke and yet no one complained.

Every time Bioware does do an April Fool's joke, people ***** that 'oh man they're wasting their time on stupid **** and could be making raids and pvp warzones and class balances and omg fix bugs!!!' So when they don't do an April Fool's Day joke, we get turds that complain the game is dying.

No, YOU think the game is dying because they're not catering to YOU.

Every single year I see 'omg game is dying!'

We're going into year 5, game hasn't died yet. Please, stop complaining. Wait for the goodies. They'll come, they'll just come slowly. I mean if you can do it faster, start writing the code and send it to Bioware, I'm sure they'll be ever so grateful. :rolleyes:

Considering when they did something last year people complained. It is just April 1, April fool's joke nothing that important. If you are saying because they didn't do something for April Fool's Day then maybe the problem is with you. My professor didn't do an April fool's day joke and yet no one complained.

You're professor is there to teach, video games are made for entertainment. April fool jokes are usually entertaining.

Last year's April Fools day joke was actually really good, It even inspired a regen "mount" the Kie Ziken Log speeder. It was something that literally probably took them an hour or 2 to draw and color and someone else an hour or so to put a story with,

No they didn't "waste their time" this year, the problem is that they have done an April Fools joke every year except this year. That sends the doomsayers a message. Quite honestly, even though I still love this game, it sends a similar message to me to.

They should have done something, anything. Anything to give at least part of the community a laugh and a glimmer of hope that they are still doing SOMETHING with this game. Instead, silence...

This years April Fool's Joke is that there is no April Fools Joke. :D

kind of what I was thinking. Although disappointed (lead to me suggesting, and them implementing the log regen last year) I guess we can live with it or complain. Its the unexpected ones that are the best.

I would have been surprised of they actually had done an April Fools joke this year.

There's been quite a bit of flak surrounding problems with TEC and the test server. I would go out on a limb and say that if they DID do an April Fools, backlash would be significantly greater than if they DIDN'T.

/shrug

Dis post....

Every time Bioware does do an April Fool's joke, people ***** that 'oh man they're wasting their time on stupid **** and could be making raids and pvp warzones and class balances and omg fix bugs!!!' So when they don't do an April Fool's Day joke, we get turds that complain the game is dying.

You realize they always could do both right? make meaningful content with class balances while also throwing out a little April fools joke. I suppose if they don't have the manpower to do a April fools joke... then they obviously need to step up there game to show how dedicated they are through meaningful content, by the way... which we lack of.

Be honest... the KOTFE story is actually pretty good on the JK and SW class, but feels completely shoehorned with others, especially the smuggler. If there was a satisfying amount of good content, such as operations, PVP maps, the EC, people would be less inclined to complain, but since we have NONE of that, and no April fools joke, we start to wonder were all the hard work is going.

No, YOU think the game is dying because they're not catering to YOU.

Some people believe that, however not everyone. I believe the game is dying due to the fact the amount of content, and the quality of the content pales in comparison to what we had at launch. Even ROTHC and SOR had more to offer right now at launch, as they catered to multiple groups, and the quality of them were actually pretty good imo. If there going to only cater to one group, fine, but better make that content artifact trade, and it sure isn't for any other class than the JK.

We're going into year 5, game hasn't died yet. Please, stop complaining. Wait for the goodies. They'll come, they'll just come slowly.

Hopefully the wait will be worth it, but I'm a bit skeptical of EA recently.

Thanks for the comments guys.

For those of you who posted that yeah it was probably best they didn't do an April Fools Joke this year, yeah I can understand.

I'd like to think that I'm not one of those who I feel like I'm a doomsayer, the sky is falling type of guy but I appreciate the April Fools Jokes and when I saw that they didn't do one this year, I was disappointed.

Another thing and maybe its related but there hasn't been a lot of lead in to Ch. 12...What are they working on that it taking so much resources?

I'm asking as a pollyanna/"whiteknight", not a doomsayer:)

Edited by iowaboynca
grammer

What are they working on that it taking so much resources?

I'm asking as a pollyanna/"whiteknight", not a doomsayer:)

market research on how to please the forums...and in larger sense the internet. The 3000 super computers they have running 24/7 have yet to resolve the paradox of pleasing the "damned if you do, damned if you don't" crowed