I got a better start to my day then you did...

Keta

So this is the message thge entire state of Hawaii got at 8:08 AM HST this morning (ironically 808 is Hawaii's area code).

"EMERGENCY ALERT

BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

And about 20 minutes later the "oops" message.

+-

Nothing like the threat of nuclear annihilation to make your 100% Kona coffee taste so much better.

So how did your day start?

:p

Mine started at about 5 am (eastern) when my cat woke me up because he wanted food. Oh, and he had food already .. dry food in a bowl. He wanted canned food. He really really wanted canned food. He's a needy little fuzzbutt.

I can leave all the dry food out I want for our calico. She will eat it, but at dinner or breakfast time she wants her food. wet food. That dry stuff is just a snack I guess.

The calico slept through our emergency alert. I listened for the tsunami sirens (they double as a nuclear attack siren), when they weren't forthcoming I tuned into to the BBC because they and Al Jazeera English seem to be faster than most others.

But yeah. Get's your attention bot the cat and the alert. ;)

I just read about that on the news.

Glad the whole thing was a colossal screw up.

yeah death by inferno is bad.. remember that all you pyro spec folks. :p

BBC beat the local news by about a minute out here.

I can leave all the dry food out I want for our calico. She will eat it, but at dinner or breakfast time she wants her food. wet food. That dry stuff is just a snack I guess.

The calico slept through our emergency alert. I listened for the tsunami sirens (they double as a nuclear attack siren), when they weren't forthcoming I tuned into to the BBC because they and Al Jazeera English seem to be faster than most others.

But yeah. Get's your attention bot the cat and the alert. ;)

When I lived in Hawaii ... many, many moons ago ... the most exciting thing that happened was a tsunami warning. But hey, we got the day out of school - although we had to drive up the mountain and wait until the warning was over heh.

So this is the message thge entire state of Hawaii got at 8:08 AM HST this morning (ironically 808 is Hawaii's area code).

"EMERGENCY ALERT

BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

+-

Nothing like the threat of nuclear annihilation to make your 100% Kona coffee taste so much better.

Maybe you can threaten to sue them for false advertisement like people around are doing with the whole HK-55 fiasco. :p

Seriously, though, glad it was all a mix-up.

Mine started at about 5 am (eastern) when my cat woke me up because he wanted food. Oh, and he had food already .. dry food in a bowl. He wanted canned food. He really really wanted canned food. He's a needy little fuzzbutt.

count yourself lucky, i have two cats and both of them are real monsters, kneeding on top of me, sleeping around my head and i wake up sometimes sounding as if a motorbikes engine is ticking over next to my ear! sometimes they also sleep around my feet or my back, while it hasn't resulted in any cat hissing and claws in places, it makes for awkward sleeping. :rolleyes:

when i do feed them, i make sure i do it first before i put out fatballs, seeds and mealworms for birds and mice and some assorted fruit, veg and nuts for squirrels in the area. if i do it after they will follow me around and i also end up tripping on the two of them as they really try to catch my attention, and at that point they don't want pouches or tinned food, they want ham or tuna and they won't stop until they get it. :D

Just another day in Paradise!

Like it does everyday day: tripping over a cat in the dark by accident, slowly climb downstairs, get a pot of strong coffee, sugar and milk, some food that goes well with brown sauce and or a bit of white pepper to give a hell of a kick. all that wakes me right up. :p

Edited by Celise

Ironically Hawaii is probably safer from nuclear attack than where I live in Canada, lots of missile defenses there, whereas an ICBM from Evil Pilsbury Doughboy up in North Korea launched towards a number of major American cities would fly right over us, and you can bet the Americans would not hesitate to shoot it down over Canada given the chance...

Ironically Hawaii is probably safer from nuclear attack than where I live in Canada, lots of missile defenses there, whereas an ICBM from Evil Pilsbury Doughboy up in North Korea launched towards a number of major American cities would fly right over us, and you can bet the Americans would not hesitate to shoot it down over Canada given the chance...

Wait, your Canadian?

I always assumed you were from Holland. Not sure where I got that idea. ;)

count yourself lucky, i have two cats and both of them are real monsters, kneeding on top of me, sleeping around my head and i wake up sometimes sounding as if a motorbikes engine is ticking over next to my ear! sometimes they also sleep around my feet or my back, while it hasn't resulted in any cat hissing and claws in places, it makes for awkward sleeping. :rolleyes:

My current cats do this. My previous cat was even more devious. He knew our bedroom door made enough sound when being opened fully and banging on the little stopper that it would wake one of us up. So no matter what time of night, if he couldn't get our attention through conventional methods he'd stand near the door and push it against the stopper until somebody woke up.

"EMERGENCY ALERT

+-

And to think I was mildly bit*ched out because I had to get up early and find a lack of tea in the house. Glad it was just a false alarm, I can't even imagine what you all must have been going through.

Definitely makes you rethink things, that's for sure. *hugs* Glad you're fine. ^^

That wouldn't shock me one bit, if they shot it down over us. I'm in Ontario...you on the West Coast? Either way, it still worries me that NK would aim for the States and hit us instead with his substandard rockets.

Edited by Lunafox