So I have played about 60 Solo Ranked games now, won ~58 | lost 2.

Evolixe

Title. Shadows are fine. Nothing going on here.

If this was season, I would already have over 2k rating.

I warned you, bioware, in the past that dotspread was too strong especially on Consulars and Inquisitors.

But it has fallen on deaf ears time after time again. Balance is not being taken seriously.

Now if you would allow me to actually make a suggestion, have the spreaded dots do 25% of the originals dot damage. And still have them activate our procs. That'll be plenty strong enough.

Untill then, you guys can watch me wreck **** up @ http://www.twitch.tv/exilove

I've done over 70 games now. Still not lost a single fair match, ever.

I did get a 3rd loss because of a leaver however.

So we got 1 pve healer that might as well not have been there (as he got instagibbed, literally, both rounds)

1 afk Shadow

1 leaver

No 4v4 game lost.

Edited by Evolixe

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me ask you this, are there more people in the ranked Q because there is no rating attached? People you would never see otherwise? Might have something to do with it.

There are quite a few people in there grinding comms that would never normally play ranked. That being said, someone asking for a toning down of Madness/Hatred dot spread is still justified, regardless of the skill of people playing ranked atm. The damage output is crazily high.

People are widely queueing to gear up. Queues are as variative as always.

Except that I have MASSIVE carry-ability now.

You have to ask yourself how things like this ever make it off the drawing board, like nobody thought of the fact that you could maintain reasonable DPS on multiple targets at once while healing a stupid amount and having tons of CC immunity.

Serenity Shadow = New Ops boss?

Let me ask you this, are there more people in the ranked Q because there is no rating attached? People you would never see otherwise? Might have something to do with it.

Same as every preason. The solo queue will die about a week or two after the season itself starts, especially if your server has hardcore queue syncers like mine did in season 2 and 3.

Dot spread is not the only issue with Shadows/sins, both specs bring massive control/damage/dcds to the table alongside the inherent advantages of stealth.

Shadows and assassins (of both dps specs and possibly the tank spec as well) are going to dominate solo arena this season.

Five seconds of god mode(shroud) + 12 seconds of demi-gode mode(deflection) + root break outside of god mode + crazy mix of burst/sustained + control + stealth....

Let's be fair here.

a) The developers are not masters of swtor.. Logic would mandate that skilled players be on employ at Bioware for the purpose of providing proper feedback on class interaction and balance changes. It's a safe bet that such players do not exist in the real world. Anytime financial gain is the driving force in the creative process it's going to produce a product that is less than sufficient

b) People in this day and age suffer greatly from a lack of foresight. There are certain players in the community who have the capacity to project the effects of proposed actions accurately into the future. These players are the ones that game developers need to look toward and listen too. Sadly, such people are continually drowned out by the general mass of people.

Class balance team in this game is *********** brilliant.

And the sad truth is that class balance in this game is still better than most MMO's (but that is not saying much).

Dot spread is not the only issue with Shadows/sins, both specs bring massive control/damage/dcds to the table alongside the inherent advantages of stealth.

Shadows and assassins (of both dps specs and possibly the tank spec as well) are going to dominate solo arena this season.

Five seconds of god mode(shroud) + 12 seconds of demi-gode mode(deflection) + root break outside of god mode + crazy mix of burst/sustained + control + stealth....

Despite how ridiculously good the utilities are for shadows and sins, I don't think deception/infiltration is going to be a big problem as their damage is too low relative to what other classes put out. Serenity/hatred will be a big problem due to the combination of strong utilities and amazing damage output on multiple targets. Evolixe's suggestion would definitely help.

Edited by Vodrin

I think the best solution would be to allow only one dot to be spread per sustained spec. This would achieve the intended goal of allowing easier target switching and group pressure without seeing what we see now: whole groups melting when there's 2+ dot specs working together.

So the dots to be spread would be affliction/discharge for sorc/sin, shatter for jugg, rupture for maras, corrosive grenade already is aoe, and I don't know the new Pyro enough to comment on that.

But something does need to be done.

Edited by Andrew_Past

It's not hatred assassin only.

No nerfs plz. Not everyone is such a pro

Exilove is far from a pro. He admittedly is lacking as Hatred/Serenity and yet he gets these results playing a spec that is not nearly as familiar to him as Deception.

Serenity is vastly out of whack. I thought it was bad before 3.0, but I was wrong. This is an entirely new type of overpowered. What's worse is that it will likely stay this way for quite some time.

Exilove is far from a pro. He admittedly is lacking as Hatred/Serenity and yet he gets these results playing a spec that is not nearly as familiar to him as Deception.

Serenity is so simple, I don't see how anyone could possibly play it worse than deception. If you're a great deception assassin, you should be able to rock serenity shadow without any effort at all.

The only "difficult" part aboot hatred is surviving when being focused, since you're a melee sorc kind of squishy. Even that has been made drastically easier since 3.0 with the unwarranted 12 sec deflection immunity and longer shroud.

Played 2, lost 2 as a marauder.

Shame the second one was the Makeb arena, which dropped me to 0.1 FPS despite me having a GTX 770, FX-8120, 8GBs of RAM and an SSD. How the hell they STILL haven't bothered to fix the frame rate drops there is beyond me.

Oh, and the Makeb one had a guy in full 186s. Gear check BioWare.. please :rolleyes:

Edited by Nothematic

Played 2, lost 2 as a marauder.

Shame the second one was the Makeb arena, which dropped me to 0.1 FPS despite me having a GTX 770, FX-8120, 8GBs of RAM and an SSD. How the hell they STILL haven't bothered to fix the frame rate drops there is beyond me.

Oh, and the Makeb one had a guy in full 186s. Gear check BioWare.. please :rolleyes:

Per Eric, gear checks are unfair :rolleyes:

How amazingly naive to contribute your op class its title because of dotspread. Dotspread is fluff, it works in a sustained fight but thats hardly the problem.

The problem is:

1. You have your new demolish from 30m, LMFAO.

2. You got to keep your execute proc whilst being given new abilities, *********** pathetic. You get burst in a sustained spec. Nurf. The burst sorc/sage lost with balance/madness is the burst for some miracolous reason the already slightly op assassin madness players got to keep.

3. Look at your gosh darn utilities, your class in itself is broken with all those cds, by far the worst in game.

4. You can overlap your mind crush with demolish resulting in exploiting the system to get out more dps clearly not intended.

It all adds obviously

Edited by AdamLKvist

The only "difficult" part aboot hatred is surviving when being focused, since you're a melee sorc kind of squishy. Even that has been made drastically easier since 3.0 with the unwarranted 12 sec deflection immunity and longer shroud.

I don't think he uses either of those utilities. both are pretty overrated and usually only non shadows/assassins get all "OMG that is so AWESOME!!" over them.