Got scammed by refferal link offer

Hannabela

I know its my mistake. But just to remind people, dont trust others with refferal link offers, these people have no honor.

One player offered me 45 mil. for refferal and after I gave it to him, he just left from game. He vainished off without any further message.

(deleted his id and name because of forum rules)

Is there any way to report him in ticket, or being able to decline this refferal ?

Edited by Hannabela

My sympathies - if it's the DM server then I've heard this name before...

Personally, I think it'd be nice to filter out these from chat. I realise, like all spammers, they'll adapt, but at least it sends a slight message that referral link trading is an approved action.

That player had even arogance to come again to general chat and spamming that message again. That he offers 45mil for new refferals. I think people like him deserve to be punished in some way. I already sent ticket with his id, name and referal link in-game. Without him I didnt even know about refferrals lol. But still its bad to fishing people in general chat for this scam. Edited by Hannabela

Sorry to hear that it happened to you. I havnt wrapped myself around this referral system. It seems to me there must be some kind of trust between seller and buyer, which can be a bit hard to obtain between two random players in a pc game, and some people might misuse a system like that. It reminds me of diablo2 when they added an inventory charm (annilihus or something like that) and could only be traded by dropping items far from each other and then run and pick it up at the same time. I lost many items like that since they offered me something that i couldnt resist, sort of like 45 mill :).

In the grand scheme of things, a lost referal link will soon be forgotten and i hope you will get some good drops as compensation :)

its sad.

but from the other side its not the first time it has happing and will not be the last time also its gone happing.

this refferal link scamm is more a old trick there keep using since some players think its safe will its not.

its happing with both side's that the one that give's the credits gets scammt by the one that gets the credits and has doing notting.

and you have that people press on the link but not get the credits for it what there get told.

so scammed this why with refferal link has been done a lot from both side's for a long time.

and its true that there are people that use it more as a scamm way to get free credits or free cartal coins without paying for then so yea.

thats why you see in the chat sometime's that there been call scammers since its the easy way to get scammed in the game.

there not all scammers but there are people that use it for scamming other players with it.

You can at any time ask customer service to remove the referal, so the whole risk is with the guy paying credits.

ESO has a similar unsecure exchange with higher stakes: trading gold for "gifts" from the cash shop. There some of the big trading guilds offer to collect the gold and pay it to the seller once the buyer got the item.

Edited by Mubrak

Trading in this game is what I call trade-safe. Both parties must hit the accept button before completing the transaction.

I've mentioned before that a referral link used in-game like that should be a tradable token, just like you would trade anything else, so it'd be placed on the trading window, the person wanting it would place credits on the trading window, and both would hit accept.

The left-hand fly-out on the inventory window where the reverse engineering and materials vault icons are could just have another icon below the rest which generates the token and places it in inventory to be traded however often.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Trading in this game is what I call trade-safe. Both parties must hit the accept button before completing the transaction.

I've mentioned before that a referral link used in-game like that should be a tradable token, just like you would trade anything else, so it'd be placed on the trading window, the person wanting it would place credits on the trading window, and both would hit accept.

The left-hand fly-out on the inventory window where the reverse engineering and materials vault icons are could just have another icon below the rest which generates the token and places it in inventory to be traded however often.

That's a great idea and could be done while playing with little effort. I like that.

It's an interesting idea, but to play devils advocate , how much effort would it take to program, could it bug out something else, and are the devs willing to even try it, just because a few bad apples abuse the system.

It's an interesting idea, but to play devils advocate , how much effort would it take to program, could it bug out something else, and are the devs willing to even try it, just because a few bad apples abuse the system.

Few bad apples at any one time, yes, but the problem is perennial. This isn't the first thread anyone's ever posted about referral scams and won't be the last.

My idea would stop the complaints, at least for those people paying enough attention to what they traded away for the tokens, and I'm no soothsayer to know what the devs would or would not do; I've been surprised in the past when they implemented what I thought was a pipe dream, and didn't implement what I thought would have been easy.

Edited by xordevoreaux