Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to gear Balance/Madness and Healing Sage/Sorc? Ranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
How to gear Balance/Madness and Healing Sage/Sorc? Ranked

Lhancelot
08.14.2018 , 03:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Wimbleton View Post
The closest I can get to the alacrity 1.3 cap is 1881 rating and 15.53% (all 248/240), which leaves 2029 in crit which ends up being 47.48% crit.

Also, people saying go crit after alacrity are right, but doubly so for Sorc healers, since our HPS sustainability stems from consistent crits off innervate.
That's a good point, when I gear my sorc one day (or year from now) I will keep that part in mind.
Star Forge Suffocates Danico

ďNo one can make you feel inferior without your consent.Ē ― Eleanor Roosevelt

TrixxieTriss
08.14.2018 , 10:10 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
That's a good point, when I gear my sorc one day (or year from now) I will keep that part in mind.
Why a year from now?

Lhancelot
08.15.2018 , 09:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Why a year from now?
I got other toons I need to work on still. I doubt I get to all of them I might work on my sorc healer though, he's 200 CXP when i stopped on him a month ago.
Star Forge Suffocates Danico

ďNo one can make you feel inferior without your consent.Ē ― Eleanor Roosevelt

TrixxieTriss
08.15.2018 , 12:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I got other toons I need to work on still. I doubt I get to all of them I might work on my sorc healer though, he's 200 CXP when i stopped on him a month ago.
LoL, mines only CXP 180.

xChAoTiXx
Yesterday , 02:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RiChess View Post
I can't speak specifically to PvP stats, but the ideal PvE stats are 1633 crit/1881 alac (at 248/240 augged). That's accounting for needing 110% accuracy though, You can drop that for extra crit/mastery.

So basically you can go ~2k crit/1881 alac/a little mastery or 1633 crit/1881 alac/rest mastery. Personally I'd go the crit route, but it wouldn't be a big difference.
Dont ever use accuracy on concealment, sorc or ofc any healer at all in pvp... Seriously. Dont.
Elite Warlord Aby'zz
Diehard Operative
<Q-Sync>

SlightlySychotic
Yesterday , 02:59 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by xChAoTiXx View Post
Dont ever use accuracy on concealment, sorc or ofc any healer at all in pvp... Seriously. Dont.
Iíve always wondered about this. Itís a part of a lot of those classes default sets (or at least it used to). Did they really throw a completely useless stat on a lot of classes gear? Thatís not just bad design; itís borderline sadistic. Most people arenít going to go the extra step to min/max.
Darth Sychotic: (Sith Juggernaut) "Whatever does not kill you has failed and must be made to pay egregiously for its error."
Kaz Keeno: (Scoundrel) "One day I hope we can just move on and put this whole 'trying-to-kill-me' nonsense behind us."

mrwayn
Yesterday , 03:56 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SlightlySychotic View Post
Iíve always wondered about this. Itís a part of a lot of those classes default sets (or at least it used to). Did they really throw a completely useless stat on a lot of classes gear? Thatís not just bad design; itís borderline sadistic. Most people arenít going to go the extra step to min/max.
Well, it's not a useless stat in pve and there is only one set of gear for both pvp and pve. Funny enough though, the currently best way to gear for accuracy (meaning: wasting the least amount of stats) is 5 augs and a stim, so the 2 acc enh. need to be replaced in pve as well
On the other hand, since you only need 6 pieces for the set-bonus, you can replace boots or gloves with a healer piece, so you don't need to replace the enh (unless you got your 248 gear from command-crates, of course).
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

xChAoTiXx
Yesterday , 06:24 AM | #28
Nah its a player sided thing and only effects those i mentioned:
Healers obviously dont use accuracy cuz heals cant miss.
Sorc DPS and Concealment only make use of force/tech (yellow) damage which players dont have a base defense chance against....
Yellow damage can only be resisted by cooldowns so takibg accuracy wont help you at all...
On the other hand a marksmanship sniper deals exclusively ranged damage (range/melee/white damage) which players have a 5% resist chance against

The logical conclusion is: The more white damage your spec deals the more will accuracy help you out.
Marksmanship, Concealment, Lightning and Madness are extreme examples of accuracy is mandatory or useless cuz they are the only specs that deal exclusively 1 type of damage (yellow/white).

I hope this clears things up for you and I could help out

Edit: Additional info: In PvE bosses have a base resist chance of 10% against both yellow and white damage which is the reason why 10% accuracy work out that well in PvE
Elite Warlord Aby'zz
Diehard Operative
<Q-Sync>

xChAoTiXx
Yesterday , 06:28 AM | #29
Oh and secondly... Min/Maxing will help your damage output more than increasing your gear tier by like 1 or 2 tiers
Elite Warlord Aby'zz
Diehard Operative
<Q-Sync>