My build is better then your build. I will destroy you.

HammerHermann

That probably got your attention because it's the attitude of marauders! LOL

I hit 50 about 5 days ago and been studying builds. A guild member told me now that I'm

50 you will hear how everyone else thinks they are the best marauder and the build they run is the best one in PvP. So true so far. Lots of attitudes in this game!

Just the other day a marauder was talking about how he can crush anyone with carnage and it's the best one of the bunch. I'm rage ATM. So knowing my build some I thought I'd ask why he thinks it's better than annihilation. He's response was "idk why I've always been carnage" lmfao!!! I had to just keep my mouth shut.

Why are ppl like this? Does it have something to do with the fact all builds are damage?

That probably got your attention because it's the attitude of marauders! LOL

I hit 50 about 5 days ago and been studying builds. A guild member told me now that I'm

50 you will hear how everyone else thinks they are the best marauder and the build they run is the best one in PvP. So true so far. Lots of attitudes in this game!

Just the other day a marauder was talking about how he can crush anyone with carnage and it's the best one of the bunch. I'm rage ATM. So knowing my build some I thought I'd ask why he thinks it's better than annihilation. He's response was "idk why I've always been carnage" lmfao!!! I had to just keep my mouth shut.

Why are ppl like this? Does it have something to do with the fact all builds are damage?

Carnage is the best spec. But you have to have the gear and the skill to be able to support it for solo and group qing. You can't just hit 50 and jump into Carnage and expect to own, you have to achieve a certain gear level where 5k+ force scream crits are common place and knowing how to use your defensive CD's flawlessly.

Simply put, you can't click, backpedal, or keyboard turn and think you're going to be an amazing Carnage Marauder, but not only do you have to be skilled you have to have amazing gear. I've played each spec extensively and I win significantly more games playing Carnage for my team than I do when I play Annihilation, I actually accomplish MORE 1v2's or 1v3's as Carnage than I do Annihilation. I kill more people, I do more damage, and I provide better support.

Annihilation damage is too slow. I have 100% chance to crit Froce scream every time it's up. Those crits range anywhere from 4k to 6.5k depending on gear and defensive CD's used. Very rarely do I get crits below 4.5k. Annihilation requires a higher crit chance because you do not have that guaranteed crit on Annihilate. Because most Marauders kill things slowly (lol it's true) due to the fact they click, keyboard turn, or backpedal, they take more damage and Annihilation gives you those little baby self heals that can keep bad Marauders alive against another bad player.

Plain and simple, most Marauders suck. OP or not, it's only the 10 or so of us that know how to gear and play who are causing the QQ.

Take for example what a Carnage Marauder brings a team:

Incredible Burst Damage

3 different roots versus the other specs 1.

80% run speed to the entire team.

Compare that to Rages alright AoE damage (Not as good as the Jugg version, just let juggernauts do it kids)

Annihilations slower DPS + but little self heals.

For me the argument about the best spec is over. I have the best gear in the game. I'm nearly a Warlord. I've done tests on everything.

Today I did a Novare Coast. At the end of the game I had 1366 DPS. Not total damage. 1366 Damage Per Second. It was a short game, but 5 minutes of maintaining 1366 DPS, no other spec in the game can do that over that period of time. (Something like 480k damage, second place was at 160k damage.)

Edited by Megatfx

I do plan on trying the other two builds and I know this class is very gear dependent. I was fortune enough to have 4 pieces of WH and 3 BM as soon as I hit level 50. I was grinding the vindicator gear on my PT and sent the gear over through legacy gear. :) It was a nice jump start. Just 5 days in now and I'm 6 WH, rest BM minus two recruit pieces

Take for example what a Carnage Marauder brings a team:

Incredible Burst Damage

3 different roots versus the other specs 1.

80% run speed to the entire team.

Compare that to Rages alright AoE damage (Not as good as the Jugg version, just let juggernauts do it kids)

Annihilations slower DPS + but little self heals.

For me the argument about the best spec is over. I have the best gear in the game. I'm nearly a Warlord. I've done tests on everything.

Today I did a Novare Coast. At the end of the game I had 1366 DPS. Not total damage. 1366 Damage Per Second. It was a short game, but 5 minutes of maintaining 1366 DPS, no other spec in the game can do that over that period of time. (Something like 480k damage, second place was at 160k damage.)

1366 DPS is amazing, just FYI for you noobies that don't know. I don't have quite perfect gear yet,still remodding a few pieces, but I can tell you that I think the maximum I think i have done as any spec is around 1200 DPS. My best ever Anni game barely broke 1k dps, so if those numbers are true (and I have no reason to doubt it) then I'd have to side with Mega here and say that carnage is probably the best spec atm.

I was on the opposite team of that Novare Coast, and those numbers are a bit inflated there, come on now :).

People should only count numbers from ranked matches. On my team in that match there were 2 people with 13k health, 1 with 14k and 2 with 15k. There were 4 healers on each side.

Numbers really didn't matter at all in that match, lol.

I was on the opposite team of that Novare Coast, and those numbers are a bit inflated there, come on now :).

People should only count numbers from ranked matches. On my team in that match there were 2 people with 13k health, 1 with 14k and 2 with 15k. There were 4 healers on each side.

No, it said 1366 at the end of the game. I barely noticed it, my premade told me afterwards on vent as well as people whispering me. As far as max damage goes I don't remember the max damage, it was over 400k for sure, but I know for a fact it said 1366.# dps.

Edited by Megatfx

This.

I'm more impressed with Mara's that can cc, root, obfuscate high priority targets while maintaining high dps/pressure on healers against top tiered rank groups/teams. For those of you guys who have played ranked i'm sure you agree because this is basically what sets average/good Mara's apart to great ones.

FWIW, as a Mara you SHOULD be dpsing high so being top of damage charts/damage per second shouldn't really be out of the ordinary and honestly doesn't make the player a great one.

This.

I'm more impressed with Mara's that can cc, root, obfuscate high priority targets while maintaining high dps/pressure on healers against top tiered rank groups/teams. For those of you guys who have played ranked i'm sure you agree because this is basically what sets average/good Mara's apart to great ones.

FWIW, as a Mara you SHOULD be dpsing high so being top of damage charts/damage per second shouldn't really be out of the ordinary and honestly doesn't make the player a great one.

This is pretty true.

This.

You can't forget about key predations, a Marauder who just hits predation everytime it's up, or does it at crucial moments for door swaps, ball carries, turret swaps etc.

Carnage excels in a group setting when geared and with healers supporting you.

Annihilation excels in PVE, and when solo queued.

Rage excels when a Juggernaut.

No spec in the game pumps out more burst in 3 seconds than Carnage. In my PVE gear on the ops dummy I've parsed 4k+ DPS from Gore>Ravage>Force Scream. Combine that with the intense pressure Berserk + Massacre spam provides and you have a demon in PVP provided it has support, because unlike common perception of Marauders Carnage is pretty squishy.

In PVE Annihilation is king, period. Carnage is close (I do 1850ish DPS parses and there are some areas I can improve skill-wise, my gear is BiS) but DoT based specs always parse higher for longer fights. In PVP it's great for solo queue because you don't have to worry as much about having competent healers. The survivability gap between the 2 specs is HUGE. Annihilation is also a terror 1v1, because frankly they just have more tricks up their sleeves than Carnage. A well placed Obfuscate, stun, KB, or vanish can absolutely kill Carnage while the only counter to Annihilation is constant cleanses.

1850 ish DPS seems to be about the highest you can go, when BiS geared.

I've managed to break 1900 on Karraga, but that fight is mostly tank & spank so it may not be a valid test.

On movement heavy encounters i can do 1500-1700 DPS on average (as Annihilation, in PvE obviously.)

Double Force Leap (works wonders w/ Vindicator set bonus and Rage talents) and Intervene (or whatever the move is that lets you leap to a friendly) to get out of trouble.

How about force camo, undying rage, predation, bloodthirst, berserk, obfuscate, cloak of pain and a heal debuff?

How about force camo, undying rage, predation, bloodthirst, berserk, obfuscate, cloak of pain and a heal debuff?

All good also. I was just saying that Juggernaut is capable of putting up more damage generally, thanks to the double Leap. Forgot to mention their Single Saber Mastery talent that also buffs their damage a bit higher than Maras are able to go.