Cantina Livestream - November 13th!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Earlier today we announced our next upcoming livestream on Twitch. On November 13th at 4:30pm CST (10:30pm UTC) we will be hosting a virtual Cantina! The familiar faces of Eric Musco, Charles Boyd, Chris Schmidt, and the elusive legend himself, Keith Kanneg will be front and center throughout the night. We will also be joined by three special guests! Their respective identities we'll reveal or hint at on our social platforms next week. A rough outline of the cantina will follow something like this:

- Pre-show with Special Guest #1

- 2020 recap

- Talk about Mando Storyline and feature Special Guest #2

- Talk about Kira / Scourge Storyline and feature Special Guest #3

- Other Game Update 6.2 topics

Following the livestream I will publish a written summary of everything that was discussed along with a link with timestamps to the various segments. For those of you that prefer YouTube over Twitch, all of these segments will be cut and uploaded to Youtube at a staggered rate over the weekend and following week. I'll also include a schedule so y'all know when to expect which segment.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

Earlier today we announced our next upcoming livestream on Twitch. On November 13th at 4:30pm CST (10:30pm UTC) we will be hosting a virtual Cantina! The familiar faces of Eric Musco, Charles Boyd, Chris Schmidt, and the elusive legend himself, Keith Kanneg will be front and center throughout the night. We will also be joined by three special guests! Their respective identities we'll reveal or hint at on our social platforms next week. A rough outline of the cantina will follow something like this:

- 2020 recap

Following the livestream I will publish a written summary of everything that was discussed along with a link with timestamps to the various segments. For those of you that prefer YouTube over Twitch, all of these segments will be cut and uploaded to Youtube at a staggered rate over the weekend and following week. I'll also include a schedule so y'all know when to expect which segment.

Much needed update. Really looking forward to this !!

TYVM !!

So will this just be a story content based livestream? Nothing addressing some of the awful pvp changes? Issue with hyperinflated augments that were totally unnecessary in the first place? I hope some of these issues are addressed along with what's next for PvP Edited by VaceDemon

Would be awesome to discuss some things the community actually may want, as well. Like a claim all button for emotes/flairs/titles in collections >:( Its been so long since a fresh update that this is more than welcome though, I hope the livestream is fruitful.

Nice, I'm glad the cantina event is happening. And it'll be my first, considering I don't live in the USA I can't go to the actual cantinas so it'll be fun to have the chance to interact with the developers and guests even if its online. I am positively giddy:rak_01:

You gonna explain in this why we wait already 14 months for another bigger story update like on 2019?

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

They have already explained this back in April. You might have missed it, but the world is experiencing a minor pandemic going around.

Hi folks!

I hope everyone is doing well, taking care of themselves, and keeping up the social distancing :)

As Keith alluded to a few weeks back, EA, Bioware, and the SWTOR team have shifted to working entirely from home to ensure the ongoing safety of our team members. Like us, the voiceover studios where we record dialogue around the world are also eager to ensure the health and safety of their staff and actors, and have postponed all in-studio recording activities. As y'all know, our cast is pretty huge; some actors do have in-home recording capability, but unfortunately, many others understandably do not.

In order to adapt to these unexpected changes and challenges, we've made some updates to our upcoming releases. I've put together a run-down of the changes as we see them currently below. Naturally, this is very much subject to change as circumstances unfold; we will keep you all updated in the coming weeks if any additional changes become necessary.

[*]So why is this update changing numbers? Because it was originally intended to include the conclusion of the Kira/Scourge/Satele storyline introduced in Onslaught's finale. Unfortunately, the dialogue has not yet been recorded for that storyline, so we will have to wait to release it until recording operations are back in full swing. Rest assured, getting that story out is our top priority, so as soon as we can get it back on the schedule we will.

We really appreciate everyone's patience as we work through these challenging times, and look forward to sharing more concrete details as we get them.

Stay safe out there!

Edited by Phazonfreak

I don't know what else you are expecting then. If you didn't already know that the game is not in the position to pump out new story content in a constant pace, then you should definitely know it by now. And coronavirus certainly has not made the already underfunded and understaffed situation any better. Edited by Phazonfreak

I don't know what else you are expecting then. If you didn't already know that the game is not in the position to pump out new story content in a constant pace, then you should definitely know it by now. And coronavirus certainly has not made the already underfunded and understaffed situation any better.

Some people expect stuff to magically appear, after all, after the last big expansion, I'd say it wasn't even a month after and people had started demanding more.

Yes. I'm not saying that the long stretches of basically nothing isn't frustrating or shouldn't be adressed at all. I just think that it is the wrong place and time and it is unreasonable to expect an honest answer from a Cantina livestream that is hosted by BioWare and supposed to look hopefully into our and their future.

If they actually adressed this all they could say would be something along the lines of:

"Well, you can thank EA for that, because they have put this game on the back burner for the last couple of years, cut our funding, cut our staff and only expect pocket money from the Cartel Market in return."

It's pretty obvious and self-serving that they will not do that and act like they didn't see the question.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I don't know what else you are expecting then. If you didn't already know that the game is not in the position to pump out new story content in a constant pace, then you should definitely know it by now. And coronavirus certainly has not made the already underfunded and understaffed situation any better.

I expect stop lies like: "incoming update 2020 on summer" and? Delay to december. If this game can't have more big story update than once per year then lower subscribtion payment or cartel market items. Simple. Who cares i guess, players keep pay and devs now: game is healthy. Lets force them to give us more with minimal circumstances.

I expect stop lies like: "incoming update 2020 on summer" and? Delay to december. If this game can't have more big story update than once per year then lower subscribtion payment or cartel market items. Simple. Who cares i guess, players keep pay and devs now: game is healthy. Lets force them to give us more with minimal circumstances.

Your definition of a lie is a bit off... They didn't lie, it was planned for summer, then the Sith (Plagueis, probably ;) ) hit the fan. They've pretty much kept us up-to-date with this, the delays, etc.

Hey everyone!

- 2020 recap

ho 2021 roadmap ?

The delay isn't a lie.

The studios they use to record voice lines were shut down. And not just in the US, but also in France and Germany, and any other country where they produce voiced content in multiple languages.

This game's a global, expensive effort, and COVID legitimately upset their plans.

Was their content pace good before COVID? No.

Should we give them some leeway because of the ongoing global pandemic? Probably, yeah.

Hey folks,

With the situation unfolding tonight with our Ubisoft colleagues in Montreal, we're going to postpone our livestream cantina to a future date which we will announce soon. Thanks everyone, and be safe.

-eric

What "situation unfolding tonight " with Ubisoft? There's kind of an assumption that we already know and some of us don't...

Apparently a call came in about a hostage and ransom. However, there are reports of some people running to the rooftop to escape <something> and others barricading themselves in various rooms. Police also seem to have gone through the building methodically. So, as usual for a developing event, initial reports are conflicting and likely wrong.

What I don't understand is: that's a different company and it is in Montreal whereas the Bioware office for SWTOR is in Austin, TX. Why cancel this event in response?

Edited by mike_carton