Combat Changes in Fallen Empire

TaitWatson

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Critical question - What about planets with wide range of leveling content? Alderaan is lvl 30 but it also has bonus series for lvl 40. Will we be scaled to 40 in the bonus area or will bonus area mobs be scaled down to 30?

Similar issue about Commanders/station guards (lvl 60) and Seeker Droid/Ocular mobs at lvl 55.

"To ensure that Critical Hit Chance is never a wasted stat, any abilities that automatically critically hit now convert any Critical Hit beyond 100% into additional critical damage."

My jaw dropped.

I know you've lowered critical damage boosts across the board, but in some cases you'll see specific abilities achieve a 100% critical damage boost,. Or maybe higher.

Also -- if you're increasing weapon accuracy to 100%, why not simply remove accuracy rating? What will be the point of it?

Base weapon accuracy has been increased from 90% to 100%. All non-basic attacks already had 100% Accuracy, so this change brings basic attacks up to par.

Does this apply to Rapid shots, saber strike and so on, or does it apply to all abilities which would be effected by the melee/ranged tab?

"To ensure that Critical Hit Chance is never a wasted stat, any abilities that automatically critically hit now convert any Critical Hit beyond 100% into additional critical damage."

My jaw dropped.

I know you've lowered critical damage boosts across the board, but in some cases you'll see specific abilities achieve a 100% critical damage boost,. Or maybe higher.

Also -- if you're increasing weapon accuracy to 100%, why not simply remove accuracy rating? What will be the point of it?

additional accuracy rating increases armor penetration.

here come de trolls

Tait, I need a follow up in concerns for planets with 2 different level zones. i.e. Tatooine and Nar Shadda and Alderaan.

Normal Tat 24-28 Bonus Tat 28-32

Normal NS 20-24 Bonus NS 28-32

Normal Ald 28-32 Bonus Ald 37-41

Also information in regards to GSI and Bounty stuff, will stuff spawn based on current level or scaled down level.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

Critical question - What about planets with wide range of leveling content? Alderaan is lvl 30 but it also has bonus series for lvl 40. Will we be scaled to 40 in the bonus area or will bonus area mobs be scaled down to 30?

Similar issue about Commanders/station guards (lvl 60) and Seeker Droid/Ocular mobs at lvl 55.

I've been wondering about this myself.

That Dread Seed content is gonna be tough to fight unless those MOBs are also appropriately scaled downward.

Wow! I am LOVING the changes. The companions are simplified so we don't have to obsess about micro-managing their armour/weapon stats on top of ours. Also, THANK YOU for giving all the companions all three "styles". I have always seen/treated companions as a style preference and not so much a tactical combat preference. I hated HAVING to play a certain companion because only he/she can heal (or do whatever), despite the fact that I hated his/her looks or views or simply I found them super annoying, while what my heart really wanted was to run around the galaxy with another companion who has all the the skill sets I totally DON'T need. Again- thank you!!!

I also LOVE the "scaled experience" changes. Now I don't have to feel disappointed about having skipped certain quests in low level planets.

There are still too many stats and stuff which confuse me (sorry), but I am thankful at least that you simplified the main stats into just ONE stat. For the few out there who may complain that you developers are "dumbing down the game too much", well they can go suck it. You may enjoy highly technical games all you want, and that's your prerogative, but making this game too difficult for casual/new players to dive into and grasp would mean the death of the game, and I/we DON'T want that.

Again, THANKS for the companion and combat changes!! :))

I wonder what happens to our current gear, will mainstat be converted to mastery and surge/crit merged on that?

It doesn't change anything, the change is only for your one basic attack, ie. strike, all other abilities previously had 100% accuracy, and you will as always need more than that to negate defense and resistance on your enemies. Ie. 110% to not miss on champion mobs.

So accuracy isn't as necessary stat any more as we already have it where we want it.

Just makes it feel like all the time an effort of getting 198 gear with accuracy is now a waste of time. Can we get some clarification on how useful it will be compared to power when over 100%.

"So if you are a level 60, killing level 30 mobs, you will gain experience appropriate for being a level 60"

I like the idea of getting the XP for my level if I'm helping on a lower planet.

I concur! This motivates high levels to either help lowbies/guildmates or just wander back to low level planets and enjoy what we've missed in the levelling journey (especially if the other alternative is some barren/boring AF high level planet.. ughh). :)

So accuracy isn't as necessary stat any more as we already have it where we want it.

Just makes it feel like all the time an effort of getting 198 gear with accuracy is now a waste of time. Can we get some clarification on how useful it will be compared to power when over 100%.

It doesn't matter since that gear will be replaced with new gear as you level.