The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Had 3 tactical flashpoints in a row with 3 healers and a DPS. KDY, and both story-mode Czerka flashpoints. We made it through pretty good. "We're a healthy group" as I stated on group chat.

:D

As for KDY, I have noticed people jumping ahead a lot. It's a bit annoying. Started leveling a gunslinger and queued for KDY to get a level. Was lvl 20 with a lvl 25(?) scoundrel and two lvl 40+ people. My slinger and the scoundrel got bolstered to 20+k health, but when we leveled during the flashpoint we ended up going to about 4-5k ...and when the lvl 40s jumped ahead we were both low on health. We survived but really, is waiting 10-15 seconds for an out-of-combat heal too much?

Edited by Sinapus
spmething came to mind

Happened at the Red Eclipse, in a galaxy far far away...

Don't you all love those unknown individuals whispering to get boosted through some flashpoint?

This one had quite sensitive ignore-finger: ...

Can't say I am disappointed thought. :o

You should censor the names before posting in this thread :). Also, report that guy because "F***ing Jew" is just... :rolleyes:

Edited by Darkelefantos

I had such a bad (both play- and gear-wise) tank in Collicoid WG yesterday that after a few pulls I just gave up on healing him. The strategy form then on was "let the tank die and heal the sentinel". The vanguard tank was woefully undergeared and had no clue about tanking. Refused to listen to suggestions and I regularly ended up tanking with my sage. Bubble ftw.

Next run, Battle of Ilum. Guardian tank. :rolleyes:

First he dies in the exhaustion zone. Twice. Then he doesn't tank both bosses at cave entrance. We get to the two droids and kill the smaller one. The big one starts hitting me and switches to the sentinel. I check to see what the tank is doing and find him salvaging the dead droid. Told him to loot after we kill and he responds with /w "F*CK OFF HES ON ME". :rolleyes:

Shoutout to all the Sentinels that jump marked mobs floating in mid-air. You guys make the game both funnier and facepalm-worthy at the same time. Kudos.

Just remember: You break it, you tank it. :D

As for the sandstorm duneclaw. As dps just position yourself so that the guardian can leap at you. Problem solved there too ;-)

You can gurdian leap on the generator, just almost nobody knows about it. Also if you specced into speed buff when guarded person takes damage you have loads of time to run there.

THIS VIDEO.

http://www.youtube.com

THIS RIGHT HERE.

This is why I always play tank and never anything else. I can't stand the idea of being in the hands of a baddie. With a bad healer, I can still make a difference. With a bad tank, it's all over, baby. Props to the video owner for keeping his sense of humor with this freak show. He's good people.

There is so much wrong with that dude ....... he is a true weirdo.

The parts I watched he was saying he hoped that the group wouldn't attack certain adds. He even ran away. Best to do is to communicate about it.

In a sence this guy was creating his own failgroup I'm afraid.

Best example is that he never typed out in chat to attack the adds. Instead his groupmates did. An important part which makes or breaks a flashpoint is communication. Which he lacked imho.

Anyway ..... to answer the question about what isn't allowed to be showed on the swtor forums:

- names of people in a negative way

Its perfect common sense tbh. You don't want to run the risk of people harassing you ingame about a screenshot or a ytube vid. This is also the reason why I hide the chat with a picture when I'm streaming on twitch.

Edited by fire-breath

I had such a bad (both play- and gear-wise) tank in Collicoid WG yesterday that after a few pulls I just gave up on healing him. The strategy form then on was "let the tank die and heal the sentinel". The vanguard tank was woefully undergeared and had no clue about tanking. Refused to listen to suggestions and I regularly ended up tanking with my sage. Bubble ftw.

Was it about "Guarding the healer"?

There is so much wrong with that dude ....... he is a true weirdo.

The parts I watched he was saying he hoped that the group wouldn't attack certain adds. He even ran away. Best to do is to communicate about it.

I didn't see that part in video. Or do you mean the first group of mobs they attacked? Well, you don't have to kill those. I know it's possible for someone to accidentally aggro those mobs but killing them is optional. I would've said something like "What are you guys doing?" in group chat.

Edited by Halinalle

No, just no.

A decent healer can cover for mistakes from a bad tank, provided the Dps aren't idiots or have gold fever.

Example: Sorc, SM Cadamimu, tank died to first fire as did one of the dps.Very good Sorc Dps +my Sorc healer= 1 dead boss.

Doesn't count. You can solo General Ortol with a healing companion (at least in hardmode), since he doesn't do that much damage and companions are immune to fire. That said, a good healer can definitely make up for a bad tank.

First, I had an entire group flip out at me for using guard on a dps.[snip]one of the dps has 5k hp. Well, of course this is curious, so I check. A mix of inquisitor gear, empty oranges, and 1-2 actually pieces of maruader gear. Now, this isn't that out of the ordinary for this thread. But what makes it weird? After we told him he needed to fix his gear... He switched to a full Republic pilot outfit. that was entirely empty.

Story of this thread.

Now to log in and try my chances in groupfinder...

Interesting run of FE HM this evening. Got a 55 sin tank, me on my main sin as DPS, a 54 op healer, and a 50 sorc DPS. We get past the first few trash pulls without the tank having guarded anyone. The sorc asked if the tank would guard him, which seemed strange to me, since I'm a 55 and there's no way that a 50 would generate more aggro than a 55. So I put politely in chat that if the tank is gonna guard a DPS he'd be better off guarding me, since I m actually liable to pull aggro during my initial burst, but the sorc complains that he needs the guard because he has half the health that I do. So I concede the point rather than argue semantics, and we go through the FP. We do fine, for the most part, aside from me pulling aggro at the start of every boss fight.

Happened at the Red Eclipse, in a galaxy far far away...

Don't you all love those unknown individuals whispering to get boosted through some flashpoint?

This one had quite sensitive ignore-finger: http://imgur.com/L4x21ur

Can't say I am disappointed thought. :o

Yeesh, you broke him.

Is gearing up even hard? I bought a leveling suit for an alt for about 6,000 credits on the GTN. (and this was before I even noticed that they give you FOUR FREE SETS thanks to galactic starfighter.) Adaptive armor flows like mana from heaven. If you just do single player quests instead of heroics and accept planetary commendations as a reward, you won't miss out on anything from not getting flashpoint loot.

Which I guess he'd know, if he really had a 55 alt. (heh)

Edited by sanctified

Interesting run of FE HM this evening. Got a 55 sin tank, me on my main sin as DPS, a 54 op healer, and a 50 sorc DPS. We get past the first few trash pulls without the tank having guarded anyone. The sorc asked if the tank would guard him, which seemed strange to me, since I'm a 55 and there's no way that a 50 would generate more aggro than a 55. So I put politely in chat that if the tank is gonna guard a DPS he'd be better off guarding me, since I m actually liable to pull aggro during my initial burst, but the sorc complains that he needs the guard because he has half the health that I do. So I concede the point rather than argue semantics, and we go through the FP. We do fine, for the most part, aside from me pulling aggro at the start of every boss fight.

People need to be educated about how threat works. I've gone so far as to refusing to guard anyone in Flashpoints until they pull threat, and then move guard to the guy who pulled off me. Haven't lost threat in ages though, ever since I started using a reusable attack adrenal in my pulls :p

People need to be educated about how threat works. I've gone so far as to refusing to guard anyone in Flashpoints until they pull threat, and then move guard to the guy who pulled off me. Haven't lost threat in ages though, ever since I started using a reusable attack adrenal in my pulls :p

THIS! (I do the same thing in Flashpoints when I tank)

Don't berate! Don't hate! EDUCATE!

Stop giving in to the groups who all whine that the healer needs Guard! They don't know they're wrong, but you do! TEACH THEM!

Sorry for the thread hijack. More fun stories please!

I'm still not sure how the guard workes, if the damage reduction is pvp only, or also works in pve.

If it works in pve, the only time a healer might need it, is when the dps go from strong to weak, since when the weaks are left all alone, they go solely for the healer.

Still baffles me when it happens, since I will have to heal myself a lot more, and them a lot less.

(and more funny stories, please. :) )

Buddy and I run lowbie KDY. It's Guardian tank (me), two VG dps (one is my friend), one sage DPS.

It's classic (already? yes, already) KDY. Sage runs around trying to chain pull, the other VG dps plays at range despite being the highest level and taunts randomly, group pulls the hardest part while the tank is recovering health because they never need to because I'm tanking. Mostly it goes ok, because everything dies quickly since I focus on grouping things up and they use their aoes except for the ranged vanguard. And when the other VG pulls the two golds and a silver during the Hanger Bay, I rush in and gather up the 2 he's not on and let him get pushed off and run around on the bottom floor and die so that his gold runs back to us just as we are finishing the other two. It's okay to be dumb if you only kill yourself.

The funny part is one of the load lifter droids. I leap in and we go to work then the VG harpoons it because maybe he figured out he was melee or was just randomly pushing buttons (I'm betting the latter because of the random taunts). Then the sage pushes it away. This would be tolerable nonsense except my leap has a cooldown and I am a baby guardian with no range abilities whatsoever. So I push the droid back at them and watch the sage and the "ranged" VG run off. I wish the fight had lasted long enough for me to keep throwing the droid they were so afraid of right at them.

I ran another KDY a week ago with someone who really loved the votekick thing. I respecced to dps because we were both marked as tanks after asking if he was really a tank, but he really didn't tank. We wiped on the first group of trash because he pulled a gold into a big pack while people were still running in and it was too much, especially since one dps dc'ed. He votekicks the dc'er immediately. We get a replacement, who is labeled as a healer, but doesn't say anything in chat. A few pulls in, he's berating the "healer" for not healing. Then a little later there's the next votekick, reason "Not healing". I don't vote, but I guess the other person does, and off goes the "healer" without a word. I then type in chat "You know that groupfinder labels someone a healer or tank if they even have that checked and most people don't bother to respec for kuat because you can do it with 4 dps. Just fyi."

So it's silence from the votekicker for the rest of the run. I think the only other thing typed was me going "ADDS ADDDS AAAADDDDS" during the grenade boss because with three dps and a tank you wouldn't think we'd be leaving 2 out of 3 alive each time. I was leaping to them, but I often had boss aggro and got pulled back.

I'm still not sure how the guard workes, if the damage reduction is pvp only, or also works in pve.

If it works in pve, the only time a healer might need it, is when the dps go from strong to weak, since when the weaks are left all alone, they go solely for the healer.

Still baffles me when it happens, since I will have to heal myself a lot more, and them a lot less.

(and more funny stories, please. :) )

Guard provides a 25% reduction in threat and a 5% damage reduction increase to the target regardless of distance, and transfers 50% of the incoming damage from players (and probably companions) to the tank, as long as the tank is within 15 m.

Since healers generate virtually no threat (The reason they get zerged by adds is because unless someone does damage to said adds, no one else has generated any threat against them at all, and a tiny amount of threat > no threat at all), the threat reduction is wasted, while in general, DPS are far more likely to take damage than healers assuming people are peeling correctly.

It is appropriate to guard a healer if they are noticably lower level than everyone else in the flashpoint (to protect them from splash damage somewhat), or during operations bosses that throw out raid-wide AoE (So the healer can heal themselves faster and get to healing other people sooner). Otherwise, guard should be on the strongest melee dps, or the strongest range dps if you don't have any melee dps.

Edited by KorinHyvek

Guard provides a 25% reduction in threat and a 5% damage reduction increase to the target regardless of distance, and transfers 50% of the incoming damage from players (and probably companions) to the tank, as long as the tank is within 15 m.

Except that damage transfer works only in PvP.

Edited by Halinalle

Another lost island hm story. Tanking this for n th time, and wiped like 50 times at Savrak so I ask everybody if they did it before. I also mention it is ok not to know and I will understand and we will die if they do not say it now. Silence. I am happy at the moment (it is rare you play with people who knows the fights) and thinking if our dps will be enough for the last boss as both dps are L50. Enter Savrak, he jumps and 1 dps die. I am calm though, explain him the fight. Repeat, and he falls again. We vote kick him and get another guy. We ask the new guy if he knows the fight. Silence. I repeat 3 times and he says yes I did it with another toon. We go into fight and he falls over. And then disconnects. Healer whispers me this guy was from the same guild as the first guy :) . We get another dps (l55 this time) and finish the darn thing,

Except that damage transfer works only in PvP.

Yeppers. If a healer demands a guard, I politely tell him that he doesn't need one outside of a war zone.

I was leveling a baby guardian tank. I get put into a hammer station group. Whatever, I can tank hammer station in my sleep. We get to that annoying early pull with the two droids. For guardians, I always just pull everything and line of sight it: It makes it super easy not only to survive the damage, but to hold threat.

I type it out really fast, and then go stand by the wall and tell everyone to stand over here.

Healer: That's stupid I will CC one.

Me: no need. This is faster, and keeps all the threat on me.

Healer: CC-ing now.

Me: Bro, You're going to die. Just wait here. It takes two seconds to do right.

Healer: **** and tank

Me: I'm trying to tank. I'm showing you how to do this really simply.

Healer: lol noob u dont even guard me

Me: You don't need a guard. Listen, don't start with a cc, just stand over here.

Healer: I have 12 55's and I've never seen anyone do this

Me: I have three 55's and I've seen people do this all the time.

DPS: Are we doing this?

Me: I'd like to, tell the healer to stand over here.

Other dps: Just pull. If he cc's and dies, I'll heal.

Me: Oh. Okay.

Healer: B--tch I'm the healer u better not f---king heal.

Me: Pulling.

(I start to pull. The healer cc's a droid gets swarmed, and dies. I run around the corner, tank all the mobs as planned, and we kill them all. Our healer is irate.)

Healer: F**KING R*TARD THATS WHY I NEED A GUARD!!!

Me: Guard wouldn't have helped you, bro.

Healer: U F*CKING SUCK AT THIS FAKE TANK!!

New Healer: I thought he was pretty good.

Healer: IM THE HEALER

New Healer: You were.

Healer: I BETTER NOT SEE YOUR ASSES AROUND! 55 SNIPER I WILL KILL UR ASSES

Me: It's a PVE server, bro. Have fun with that.

Healer: (Fires a racial slur at the group and quits.)

There are some desperately unhappy people with internet connections.

Edited by sanctified

There are some desperately unhappy people with internet connections.

Thank you, you just reminded me of a very weird person. That fits that description perfectly,

Story time:

Not a FP but an arena still it's a PuG so I reckon this belongs in this thread, unranked, mid levels(30+ to 54).

Team composion: 1 jugg dps, 1 Mara, my 38 sniper, and A-hole Sniper.

Convo:

Me: who's first?

Jugg: healer

*A few seconds pause* Mr. A-hole was still zoning in.

A-h sniper: ST*U noob 1v1

*Match begins*

We win but lose the Jugg half way in.

*New round*

A-h sniper: lol did you die noob?

Mara: ?

Jugg: I died because I was tanking them 1v4

A-h sniper: *insert curses here* idiot noob lol

*Round 2*

Victory and no deaths this time.

*Score board pops up*

A-h sniper is the lowest Dps out of our team.

A-h sniper:my dps WT* noobs?

*Mara leaves the Ops Group*

Jugg: your mother should have had an abortion.

Me: yep (Was all I could manage, as I was busy laughing my a** off at being blamed for low dps)

At this point I dropped group, as this guy was pissing me off.

Wish I didn't come to think of it, wish I knew how that ended :D

Edited by toha

Just to clarify (since this is apparently confusing):

In PvE, Guard provides 5% DR and 25% reduction in threat. That's why you want it on the melee DPS instead of the healer.

In PvP, Guard provides 5% DR and a 50% incoming damage transfer. That's why you want it on the healer, but if the healer isn't healing you, you're screwed.

In PvP, Guard provides 5% DR and a 50% incoming damage transfer. That's why you want it on the healer, but if the healer isn't healing you, you're screwed.

I know, right?? The first time I brought my new tank into a pug PvP match, I thought I'd guard the healer on my team. Who promptly decided he would only heal himself.

I'll bet you can guess how long I lasted ...

Edited by Khevar