Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Class Changes: Corruption Sorcerer / Seer Consular
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
07.16.2017 , 01:58 PM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post
No they're not.
Aw, is your main no longer the best healer in the game? Poor you. Sorc heals can still clear all content. Maybe you'll run into some problems with AoE healing if you go double sorc heal, but apart from that they're pretty okay. (I do really think that Revivication should get some buffs, possible beyond what it was before the nerf even)

FerkWork's Avatar


FerkWork
07.16.2017 , 04:45 PM | #482
Glad I invested wisely this patch on what lolz alts to gear with hand me downs for funsies and made my Merc a healer and my Sorc a meme DPS for meme runs dodged a bullet with that one. Well for now cause they will adjust Merc healing and Op healing as well (as they should) xd

Personally, I don't really like Sorc healing that much too spammy on one ability for resource gen and stuff and now every third GCD for resource gen lol. Maybe I prefer ramping style cause I play BHs lol.
Dank Memes Legacy @ Star Forge / Baguettes Legacy @ Satele Shan
Yam'unun, Original Dank Meme Lord

Council Master of <Fortitude> Co-GM of <Aeon>
Izax VM Guide by Aeon
5.0 PT Shield Tech Guide/5.0 VG Shield Specialist Guide/ Twitch/Referral Link

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
07.16.2017 , 06:08 PM | #483
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Aw, is your main no longer the best healer in the game? Poor you. Sorc heals can still clear all content. Maybe you'll run into some problems with AoE healing if you go double sorc heal, but apart from that they're pretty okay. (I do really think that Revivication should get some buffs, possible beyond what it was before the nerf even)
This is, approximately, what the current situation is in my opinion too. The raw healing ability for Nightmare raids is still there, but whenever I heal with a Merc or an Op, I do feel like I am getting carried quite a bit. PvP is frustrating, because the single target burst is nothing to write home about and the raid healing is quite bad. However, I think it's mostly a matter of getting adjusted to the changes. After all, you don't overcome months of gameplay instincts in a few raids. Curious to see what the forthcoming changes for Mercs and Ops are and how that will change the balance. Personally I believe they will be toned down too, given that all classes have the same HPS target.

verfallen's Avatar


verfallen
07.16.2017 , 11:15 PM | #484
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
This is, approximately, what the current situation is in my opinion too. The raw healing ability for Nightmare raids is still there, but whenever I heal with a Merc or an Op, I do feel like I am getting carried quite a bit. PvP is frustrating, because the single target burst is nothing to write home about and the raid healing is quite bad. However, I think it's mostly a matter of getting adjusted to the changes. After all, you don't overcome months of gameplay instincts in a few raids. Curious to see what the forthcoming changes for Mercs and Ops are and how that will change the balance. Personally I believe they will be toned down too, given that all classes have the same HPS target.
you can't set the same total hps target (as seen in the optimal gearing thread for exemple) for all 3 class, since they are all wildly different. Operative, for exemple have significant output advantage, but HoTs by their very nature tend to end up overhealing. Now an 8 person aoe, and a 4 person HoT, + the probe which need to be placed pro-actively to cover serious damage spike means an operative healer the way they are must be producing a lot more raw hps to get similar EHPS numbers, as the rate might be 70% EHPS for operative, vs 90% for sorc.
Verfallen (Assassin) | Azorek (Sorcerer)
Veroth (Marauder) Altamira (Merc) Aing (Sniper)

Verfalled (sage) | Tiemrys (Shadow)Verfaing (Sentinel)Evenroth (Commando)
Fear The ShadowHumper Legacy! May contain sarcasm

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
07.17.2017 , 09:12 AM | #485
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
you can't set the same total hps target (as seen in the optimal gearing thread for exemple) for all 3 class, since they are all wildly different. Operative, for exemple have significant output advantage, but HoTs by their very nature tend to end up overhealing. Now an 8 person aoe, and a 4 person HoT, + the probe which need to be placed pro-actively to cover serious damage spike means an operative healer the way they are must be producing a lot more raw hps to get similar EHPS numbers, as the rate might be 70% EHPS for operative, vs 90% for sorc.
Yes, I know. However, in the first post of this very thread it was stated that the target HPS is the same for healing specs. More specifically, I am talking about this part of the opening post:
Quote:
We say the target HPS instead of their target HPS because all three healers have the same target HPS. In future balance patches, the other healers can expect to see changes to their healing capabilities as well to ensure they are in line with the target.
When you say the classes have different healing mechanics and HPS profiles, you are absolutely correct. For whatever reason the HPS targets are the same for all classes and if Bioware seriously meant that, it could spell big trouble for Operatives in the future.

Chelz's Avatar


Chelz
07.19.2017 , 03:01 AM | #486
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Aw, is your main no longer the best healer in the game? Poor you. Sorc heals can still clear all content. Maybe you'll run into some problems with AoE healing if you go double sorc heal, but apart from that they're pretty okay. (I do really think that Revivication should get some buffs, possible beyond what it was before the nerf even)
Peeps have main's in this game? I raid with all the healer's. Its all I play. The saage/sorc nerf went way too far. To output the same amount of HPS/Ehps as the otherr 2 healers, sage's/sorc's need to be @ >15 apm's. that is a 38% reduction in their healing output. How can you say, that they are pretty ok? Run one through a nim op, and let me know if you still have that opinion.

Also, Scoundrels/Op healers were the best healers in the game and still are, not sage's/sorc's. There goes that huh? Don't mistake burst healing for best. But don't worry they took that away so all good now. You can pvp.

HeBecTyJlKa's Avatar


HeBecTyJlKa
07.19.2017 , 07:25 AM | #487
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post
Peeps have main's in this game? I raid with all the healer's. Its all I play. The saage/sorc nerf went way too far. To output the same amount of HPS/Ehps as the otherr 2 healers, sage's/sorc's need to be @ >15 apm's. that is a 38% reduction in their healing output. How can you say, that they are pretty ok? Run one through a nim op, and let me know if you still have that opinion.

Also, Scoundrels/Op healers were the best healers in the game and still are, not sage's/sorc's. There goes that huh? Don't mistake burst healing for best. But don't worry they took that away so all good now. You can pvp.
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one with 3 characters, which are all healers But I think it's just me, you, and at most a few other people left who play all three healers, so people just can't see the nerf from our point of view - a SWTOR healer's point of view, not just a Sorc/Sage-only healer player with 5 DPS alts that they play more // people whose 8th alt is a Sorc/Sage // people that couldn't easily kill a Sorc in PvP.

For the Scoundrel/Op, I couldn't agree more: sustain healing is a must (healer-wise) in PvE end-game content in any MMORPG.

Shipwright's Avatar


Shipwright
07.19.2017 , 12:13 PM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by Elusive_Thing View Post
Yes, I know. However, in the first post of this very thread it was stated that the target HPS is the same for healing specs. More specifically, I am talking about this part of the opening post:


When you say the classes have different healing mechanics and HPS profiles, you are absolutely correct. For whatever reason the HPS targets are the same for all classes and if Bioware seriously meant that, it could spell big trouble for Operatives in the future.

This is what I am thinking. As it is I don't see how Op/Scoundrel healers are going to endure this. They have to do so much over healing. Will they just redesign all the healing for these disciplines? I doubt it.

Maybe I am way off and everything will be fine. But it looks very dubious to me now.

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
07.19.2017 , 12:56 PM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post

Also, Scoundrels/Op healers were the best healers in the game and still are, not sage's/sorc's. There goes that huh? Don't mistake burst healing for best. But don't worry they took that away so all good now. You can pvp.
Operative hasn't been the best healer since 3.0 changes. Sure it has good AoE and sustained, but sustained hps is rarely a problem. Burst damage is what kills people in both pvp and pve, not sustained damage. Sorcs could easily rival an operatives EHPS before, and that's without counting the shielding done with static barrier. There's a reason about 50% of all healers were sorcs in pve (from starparse stats) and probably way over that in pvp. If you really think Sorcs weren't by far the best healers before the nerf, I don't see the point discussing this at all

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.19.2017 , 10:23 PM | #490
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
Operative hasn't been the best healer since 3.0 changes. Sure it has good AoE and sustained, but sustained hps is rarely a problem. Burst damage is what kills people in both pvp and pve, not sustained damage. Sorcs could easily rival an operatives EHPS before, and that's without counting the shielding done with static barrier. There's a reason about 50% of all healers were sorcs in pve (from starparse stats) and probably way over that in pvp. If you really think Sorcs weren't by far the best healers before the nerf, I don't see the point discussing this at all
I couldn't agree more.

I kinda feel Operatives got sort of screwed back in 3.0, starting for their "new" ability.
Sorcs and mercs got truly powerful abilities, which should be used pretty much on cooldown. Kolto Waves ? meh... It's situational at best, and personally, I feel I'm shooting myself in the foot every time I use it since there's a good chance someone's kolto probe stacks will fall off, not only because of its long channel but also because it requires almost a third of your total energy.

The way I see it, operatives biggest strength can totally be overlooked since the other two classes have more than enough for group healing. But you can't ignore its weakness.

Like others have mentioned, 5.4 doesn't bode well for operative healing. All 3 classess with the same HPS target ?
That could very well mean a bigger nerf than the one sorcs got.

I guess I can hope nice things for 6.0 for my operative, lol