Companion Achievements

arunav

Is it safe to assume we need to complete all companion combat achievements before the expansion launches, if you don't plan on leveling new characters?

It seems like we won't necessarily have all the companions we are used to, based on what news has been announced so far.

I'm having major doubt all 44 old companions will be recruitable again after you start KOTFE story so honestly, yes. Getting companion achievements is what I'm doing right now.

Major tip: use the companion you need kill achievement on during Operations. The numbers will keep rolling even though your companion doesn't actually fight. Similary the HK-51 player kill achievement - just select HK before entering the warzone.

Edited by Pietrastor

If you do not plan to do the old content after expansion launches, then yes, you need to do the content now.

I would guess that for the Affection and "+stat buff" ones you should do it, kills could get counted even in expansion, but I would not bet on that

If you do not plan to do the old content after expansion launches, then yes, you need to do the content now.

I would guess that for the Affection and "+stat buff" ones you should do it, kills could get counted even in expansion, but I would not bet on that

If some of the companions never return to your active party, how could the kills still count?

I was wondering that also or even if you didn't complete the companion affections/story quests in the Legacy section. What happens to 'special buffs' we get on completing them. Do the 'new' companions fill in the extra slots on that section or do we lose the buffs if we lose the companion?

I was wondering that also or even if you didn't complete the companion affections/story quests in the Legacy section. What happens to 'special buffs' we get on completing them. Do the 'new' companions fill in the extra slots on that section or do we lose the buffs if we lose the companion?

The buffs, unlocks, and achievements stay even if you delete the character that had the companion, so I doubt that if something changes the access to the companion post-KotFE would be any different than something that changes access to the companion pre-KotFe.

My only other weird thought was 'do these new companions' get a Legacy story page thingy to themselves or are they not going to be considered 'affection/story raising companions'. My other concern was what about crafting--if we lose the companion like Scorpio who is +10 cybertech are we out of luck as far as 'oh well, guess you lose the bonus for that companion and crafting' if they don't come back. I will stop asking weird questions now hehe :)