Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good Healers are hard to find

TheSupaCoopa
01.13.2014 , 01:12 PM | #71
Duran'del here:

Honestly, I believe myself to be an average commando healer. People who have been in my group probably think I'm really good, but that's because commandos have the biggest lasting curve if the healers. I actually did a czerka labs without a wipe on the first boss, even with the two sents going under 30%-ish and an undergeared tank.

I also healed a lot in Campaign gear. In 55 HMs
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

ShadowMudkip
01.13.2014 , 08:28 PM | #72
One of my pet peeves as a healer is when I am healing and all of a sudden find a group of mobs beating on me. Then I have to heal myself and group all the while burning through my resource pool. If the mobs are supposed to be killed by the dps, don't ignore them.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

DataBeaver
01.14.2014 , 02:04 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by I-Win-Button View Post
[*]If you see your healer throwing out attacks, ask them whether they think they're DPS. (Seriously, it doesn't matter if you can do it with your top tier raiding group, if the PUG wipes the hammer -should- fall on you first.)
I sometimes do that with trash, but rarely with bosses, and only if my group is topped up. Tossing in a large AoE attack that disables all standard and weak enemies can make the fight considerably easier. I also stop if I see that the group needs constant attention due to poor aggro management or whatever.

I-Win-Button
01.14.2014 , 01:10 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by DataBeaver View Post
I sometimes do that with trash, but rarely with bosses, and only if my group is topped up. Tossing in a large AoE attack that disables all standard and weak enemies can make the fight considerably easier. I also stop if I see that the group needs constant attention due to poor aggro management or whatever.
Aye, it's mainly directed to those who let the group wipe because they're either too busy DPSing to heal when it becomes apparent it's needed or eat through all their resources so they can't heal effectively at all. If you can do it without the group wiping then go for it, I say.

I do the same on my healers if, after the first few mob packs, it seems that the rest of the group knows what they're doing and don't need constant attention.
- A self-proclaimed nice guy.
Referral link HERE
Here's what it is: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends
You get things and I get things too. Let's be honest, it benefits the link giver too.