Crew Skills App

Volcinar

If this has been discussed a lot then please feel free to delete this thread.

Why is there no crew skills phone app? WoW has had this for two expansions now, and the way crew skills are set up in SWTOR a phone app would be incredibly helpful.

A guy could really start stacking creds with an app...

If this has been discussed a lot then please feel free to delete this thread.

It has, but not recently.

Why is there no crew skills phone app? WoW has had this for two expansions now, and the way crew skills are set up in SWTOR a phone app would be incredibly helpful.

It's an explicit decision taken long ago by the development and/or product marketing (or equivalent) people.

A guy could really start stacking creds with an app...

And this is a large part of why, I'd say, and it goes double now that we have Conquest. Can you imagine?

Guild'leader; /ginvite Newbie-noob

Newbie-noob (accepts): Hi! Thanks for the invite!

Guild'leader: OK, we need you to get on the Crew Skills App and craft while you're not logged in for our conquest goals.

Newbie-noob: I don't even have a smartphone.

Guild'leader: /gkick Newbie-noob

I think not having a smartphone would be a gkickable offense .... I mean ... come on .... what's this? A thread necro from 1900-something?

I live in a First World country. I look around me and I see that most people have smartphones (that is, above 50%), but it isn't even close to 100%. I work as a programmer, and my colleagues, programmers all, have a variety of stuff, and, indeed, some of them have feature phones rather than smartphones.

I mean ... come on .... what's this? A thread necro from 1900-something?

UHH the game wasn't released until 2011, not 1900-something. DURRR

joking, but seriously, read the first line i said.

@SteveTheCynic

that makes sense, i dunno the ins and outs of the game so i didn't know there would be a lame way to take advantage. thanks for the incite.

Edited by Volcinar

• 3 weeks later...

An app wil start a feedback loop.

Crafters dowload the app. They use it extensively, hoping to make credits selling mats.

Incresed competition pushes down prixes of mats.

Demand for mats doesn't change significantly. pushing prices down even further.

People give up using the app.

TBH it's too costly to develop an app like this. It's mainly self defeating. If you want to hoard mats, log on and spend an hour harvesting nodes and sending your crew out on missions. You can gether specific nodes in instanced areas, open world or simply send the maxumum number out on missions. IF you invest credits on their affection, they'l gather at max speed. There are also new mods to aid crafting.

Also, if you can't log on, why do you need more credits? They don't drain from your account as rent or upkeep costs.

Buy stuff from CM with CCs and sell the items, boxes or the contents. - it's the fastest way to credits in the game.