Speeder Piloting 3 unlock bug

Snowbird

I should probably cover my Jedi butt and put in a ticket in game after I wake up later just. It's to make sure I can get any sort of refund or other compensation. Here's to hoping they more fully address this before I wake up.

Please get back with us if anything is resolved.

Mistakes happen after huge (game changing) patches like this. I can get behind that, I just want a refund at this point. I suspect the speeder unlocks will not be account wide, but so long as I can get my money back, I'm alright with it.

This. Not going to hold a mistake against them if they'll admit it's their mistake, and take responsibility for fixing it.

I should probably cover my Jedi butt and put in a ticket in game after I wake up later just. It's to make sure I can get any sort of refund or other compensation. Here's to hoping they more fully address this before I wake up.

Yeah, I think I'll go do the same.

Edited by Caminari

I bought Speeder piloting 1 on the GTN expecting an account unlock but the same thing happened to me. It's just for that one character even though it says "Account-wide". I submitted a ticket asking what they're going to do for the people who bought this expecting one thing but receiving another. No word yet. I hope I can get my credits refunded, at least partially.

Same thing here. I purchased all three and the tooltip states "Use applies the selected unlock to all characters on your account". I verified it before I purchased as well as before I used them, and it only unlocked on the one character.

Same here, and to make matters worse for me the toon I did the transaction with had Speed 3 already, so I litterally got nothing.

I bought Speeder piloting 1 on the GTN expecting an account unlock but the same thing happened to me. It's just for that one character even though it says "Account-wide". I submitted a ticket asking what they're going to do for the people who bought this expecting one thing but receiving another. No word yet. I hope I can get my credits refunded, at least partially.

They have to give it to us by federal law. It is like when the grocery store mis-marks an item.

Tough luck for them.

They have to give it to us by federal law. It is like when the grocery store mis-marks an item.

Tough luck for them.

In a game I don't think it counts at least if it is bought with in game money. Now if it bought with Cartel Coins that is a different matter. As Cartel coins are bought with real money.

Tough luck for them.

I'm not aware on the US jurisdiction in this matter, however within the EU mislabeled pricing if obviously mislabeled places the blame on the consumer end. This frequently leads to issues with webshops where due to text errors or db issues for example laptops are suddenly showed off as costing e.g. 29.99, then just to be sending out a different product (db error) or charging a higher amount, e.g. 299.99 (text error).

Considering the pricing on the speeder piloting 3 being that low, it's not much of a surprise of something there not being wrong.

Considering the pricing on the speeder piloting 3 being that low, it's not much of a surprise of something there not being wrong.

It's not low anymore. Speed Piloting prices were dropped in game with the patch. Speeder 1 for example is only 200 credits. Speeder 3 was dropped to 150k I think.

To compare, Rocket Booster is 250cc and it costs 2.5 million credits to buy. (Speeder 3 account wide was 250cc I think)

Edited by Snowbird

Please get back with us if anything is resolved.

Will do. :) I suspect it'll be the more or less the same response others have gotten:

Sorry about the confusion. This is a tool tip bug and we'll get back to you as soon as we have a solution.

MTFBWY

I wouldn't mind some kind of response, even if it's not an absolute. Here's to hoping they'll address on the forums and/or on the main site itself soon. I'd love to snag a rank II Speeder for my Sage, even knowing that it'll be for that single character only.

Also OP, if you're still around, could you put in a request to have this put into the Bug Report sub forum? I'd like to have this thread either merged with a current one or have it's own place there.

Will do. :) I suspect it'll be the more or less the same response others have gotten:

I wouldn't mind some kind of response, even if it's not an absolute. Here's to hoping they'll address on the forums and/or on the main site itself soon. I'd love to snag a rank II Speeder for my Sage, even knowing that it'll be for that single character only.

Also OP, if you're still around, could you put in a request to have this put into the Bug Report sub forum? I'd like to have this thread either merged with a current one or have it's own place there.

Not sure how to put in that request.

Well this is concerning. This is the response I got back from Customer Service. Notice it is completely unrelated to my ticket:

Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us, regarding your recent Cartel Coin purchase.

We have become aware that players have encountered issues whilst attempting to purchase Cartel Coins from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Store.

We would like to inform you that all Cartel Coins purchased should now have been granted to your account.

We are aware that people may experience delays whilst attempting to purchase Cartel Coins. Please note that all purchases made in such circumstances will correctly reward Cartel Coins.

If you are encountering an error whilst attempting to purchase Cartel Coins, please attempt the purchase again after 30 minutes. Make sure that your billing information is entered correctly and you are not accessing the website through a proxy server connection. After the purchase is completed it can take between 15 and 30 minutes until the cartel coins become visible to you In-Game.

Please note, that all purchases from the Cartel Market are final, as mentioned in the warnings displayed before the purchase is completed.

To learn more about the new free to play option and cartel coins please visit our help center:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449.

Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid M0-T0

This was my original ticket:

I purchased Speeder Piloting 3 from the cartel coins store. The item said it would unlock speeder piloting 3 for all characters on my account. It did not unlock speeder piloting 3 for this character and they are level 40. It should have!
Edited by Snowbird

How about it guys and gals. This is pissing off alot of people. People that have been here since day one. People that love the game but like anything dont like being treated like idots. It said it you say its a mistake but fail to fix or even refund for your mistake should we countinue to play and pay for a company that treats us so poorly? Get it straight get it fixed or lose people left and right imo.