Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

I know I am being incredibly paranoid here but I wonder if they're waiting 'til after F2P goes live to tell us it's been scrapped. That way it matters less if people unsub over it. It would still be a stupid move to scrap the whole thing because it would mean a lot of people wouldn't buy Bioware games in the future and I get the impression the company has previously attracted quite a lot of LGBT gamers.

Equally, maybe they are waiting 'til F2P goes live to bring out the announcement that will upset the people who don't want SGRs to be included.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am being incredibly paranoid here but I wonder if they're waiting 'til after F2P goes live to tell us it's been scrapped. That way it matters less if people unsub over it. It would still be a stupid move to scrap the whole thing because it would mean a lot of people wouldn't buy Bioware games in the future and I get the impression the company has previously attracted quite a lot of LGBT gamers.

Equally, maybe they are waiting 'til F2P goes live to bring out the announcement that will upset the people who don't want SGRs to be included.

That actually makes a strange kind of sense. It seems like EA might be hedging their bets. The funny thing is that SGRs have never hurt BioWare game sales. Jade Empire was a bestseller, as was the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age games. No reason for them to hedge bets over this, imo. But then, EA has always acted shady, so I can't say I'm surprised.

Know what would be the icing on the BS cake if that were true?

We know that some of the VAs have come back for some voice work after SWTOR launched. A lot of us assumed they were finishing off the SGRA work.

What if they just came in to do voice work for the ten new space combat missions that are coming out? If they spent the time and resources on the least used aspect of the game and still excluded SGRA content. The uproar would be deafening.

Of course that's just a wild arsed theory, like so many others that have been on the thread. You know what would make the crazy theories go away EA/BW?

ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I won't keep playing and neither will my husband. I am already unhappy with the game over all, not what I had expected. Although the prospect of not dealing with people like some on here is appealing.

I hope you find more games that are appealing to you - there certainly is a wealth of genres out there.

Know what would be the icing on the BS cake if that were true?

We know that some of the VAs have come back for some voice work after SWTOR launched. A lot of us assumed they were finishing off the SGRA work.

What if they just came in to do voice work for the ten new space combat missions that are coming out? If they spent the time and resources on the least used aspect of the game and still excluded SGRA content. The uproar would be deafening.

Of course that's just a wild arsed theory, like so many others that have been on the thread. You know what would make the crazy theories go away EA/BW?

ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Oh yes, I know it's a paranoid, wild theory of mine. I still think we'll be seeing SGRs in the not-too-distant future but the lack of concrete information isn't confidence-inspiring. I'm partly just trying to work through possible reasons for the ongoing silence and that means I'm also considering worst-case scenarios.

I won't keep playing and neither will my husband. I am already unhappy with the game over all, not what I had expected. Although the prospect of not dealing with people like some on here is appealing.

Perhaps you shoud re-evaluate how you have treated them to provoke such a response. I cannot say you will be missed.

Oh yes, I know it's a paranoid, wild theory of mine. I still think we'll be seeing SGRs in the not-too-distant future but the lack of concrete information isn't confidence-inspiring. I'm partly just trying to work through possible reasons for the ongoing silence and that means I'm also considering worst-case scenarios.
I was actually referring to my (hopefully) laughable theory about the VAs. :)

But the fact remains, only EA/BW have the ability to settle all these wild theories.

EA/BW, to quote Captain Planet:

Perhaps you shoud re-evaluate how you have treated them to provoke such a response. I cannot say you will be missed.

For voicing my opinion that I do not want SGR's in the game...its my opinion and if irks people oh well. I find others peoples opinions annoying, that's life. I have not said anything against Gay people in here, I have simply expressed my desire to not have it in my game. For that I am treated like the devil.

For voicing my opinion that I do not want SGR's in the game...its my opinion and if irks people oh well. I find others peoples opinions annoying, that's life. I have not said anything against Gay people in here, I have simply expressed my desire to not have it in my game. For that I am treated like the devil.

Thing is, you don't have to have it "your" game. It's merely an option you don't have to participate in if you do not want to. The problem occurs when people take the "I don't want to engage in this content" to the point of "No one should have access to this content".

Edited by Tatile

And if the objection is to even seeing the prompts for options you do not want, I'm sorry, but this really may not be the game for you. This is a pending feature. It's been announced as such since before launch. Players will have the same option to avoid playing through same-gender romantic content as they do any opposite-gender romantic content. If that isn't adequate, I am afraid you are out of luck.

I still think you were onto something about EA hedging their bets. I've had to deal with EA for QUITE a while, since I used to work in videogame sales. They're shady at the best of times, and downright evil the rest of the time. lol

I still think you were onto something about EA hedging their bets. I've had to deal with EA for QUITE a while, since I used to work in videogame sales. They're shady at the best of times, and downright evil the rest of the time. lol

Mm. I'm not sure they'd scrap the whole thing, but I wouldn't put it past them to get as much out of the subscriptions as possible before implementing something like SGR.

Mm. I'm not sure they'd scrap the whole thing, but I wouldn't put it past them to get as much out of the subscriptions as possible before implementing something like SGR.

Exactly what hedging bets means. They want to see which way the wind will blow before the deploy SGRs. I have faith that it will be deployed, but I still see no real need for the delay. Like I said before, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Jade Empire didn't suffer in sales because of SGRs.

Exactly what hedging bets means. They want to see which way the wind will blow before the deploy SGRs. I have faith that it will be deployed, but I still see no real need for the delay. Like I said before, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Jade Empire didn't suffer in sales because of SGRs.

If they've spent the money developing SGRs, it's going to depend on whether they think they'll lose more money through implementing it than through dropping content that's cost them. As you have said, other games haven't suffered. On the contrary, as I have said myself, I am sure they would lose a large chunk of their LGBT playerbase, which would be bad for business in the long term.

I can see their reasoning but I think that since they will probably end up implementing the content anyway, you're right in questioning the need for all of this.

If they've spent the money developing SGRs, it's going to depend on whether they think they'll lose more money through implementing it than through dropping content that's cost them. As you have said, other games haven't suffered. On the contrary, as I have said myself, I am sure they would lose a large chunk of their LGBT playerbase, which would be bad for business in the long term.

I can see their reasoning but I think that since they will probably end up implementing the content anyway, you're right in questioning the need for all of this.

Not only would they probably lose a lot of LGBT players, but also some of us straight guys that like to watch two ladies kiss. As Lord Nefarid said: "I enjoy the simple things in life. Don't judge me." :D

Not only would they probably lose a lot of LGBT players, but also some of us straight guys that like to watch two ladies kiss. As Lord Nefarid said: "I enjoy the simple things in life. Don't judge me." :D

Not to mention when word gets out (and I will ensure that it does) EA will likely lose a lot of credibility in the LGBT community.

Well, I'm tired of being off-topic (since this is about getting clarifications and how they can be put into the game!).

Hopefully, the answer to that is seamlessly, within the year we were promised, and up to the Bioware standard.. with some way to work for those of us who have multiple 50s!

Hmmm...well, 1.5 might come out this week so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Given the plethora of additional dialogue / choices required to implement SGR I would guess that BW would not just drop it into live without a decent testing period to iron out any bugs...well thats the theory anyway :)

Given that SGR is not currently included within the PTS version of 1.5 I think it's doubtful to be included and I think you will be looking at the next content release. With BW's commitment to release content circa every 6 weeks my guess is that SGR will be implemented some time in the new year, potentially as part of the Makeb / Cathar patch?

Driz

Given the plethora of additional dialogue / choices required to implement SGR I would guess that BW would not just drop it into live without a decent testing period to iron out any bugs...well thats the theory anyway :)

Given that SGR is not currently included within the PTS version of 1.5 I think it's doubtful to be included and I think you will be looking at the next content release. With BW's commitment to release content circa every 6 weeks my guess is that SGR will be implemented some time in the new year, potentially as part of the Makeb / Cathar patch?

Driz

Oh, let me clarify my post. I know it's not coming with 1.5. I mean, perhaps it will be with the next patch (1.6) and we will hear something shortly when it hits the PTS.

I also think it's likely that it won't be until the patch after that and we won't see anything until early next year (Jan/Feb) which wouldn't personally bother me even though it's not 'this year'.

We know the new warzone, Ancient Hypergates, is not in 1.5. And, while they have not given a date for it, they have said the new warzone will be "in the next major patch after 1.5" and "definitely before the year's end." So there is at least one more major content patch after 1.5 this year. The last we heard about SGRs in any definite way also said "this year".

Seeing as we have asked if we are still on track, and they haven't told us differently (or, for that matter, anything, ever on these forums), it had damned well better be THIS YEAR.

Edited by Uluain

Seeing as we have asked if we are still on track, and they haven't told us differently (or, for that matter, anything, ever on these forums), it had damned well better be THIS YEAR.

Why do people care so much about this? :jawa_confused:

Companion development stops with your class story and they basically become battle pets/craft bots... so who cares? The romances in this game are such a minor part of the overall story.

They can push this off for another year for all i care if they can fix their bugs and get some real new content out.