When started Oricon missions for Republic?

Hevell

CZ-198 and Oricon seems to be placed after Makeb in the progression of the story. These are sidestories that you don't get prompted to do. You access Oricon through the mission terminal on your ship. I actually have no idea about CZ-198; I've always just... gone there.

CZ-198 and Oricon seems to be placed after Makeb in the progression of the story. These are sidestories that you don't get prompted to do. You access Oricon through the mission terminal on your ship. I actually have no idea about CZ-198; I've always just... gone there.

They are, indeed, positioned after Makeb and before Prelude to Revan. They were released before Prelude, which was released before the main Shadow of Revan story (Rishi/Rishi village/Yavin) which was released (as 3.0) before Rise of the Emperor (Ziost).

Note that the general trend of release date being equivalent to story order is no longer true. Several of the more recent Alliance Alerts were released after Traitor among the Chiss and before Nathema Conspiracy, but take place (in story order) in the gap between KotET-IX and War on Iokath.

As the guys said it takes place after Makeb and should be picked up from a droid on fleet (maybe also in terminal on ship). If you dont pick it up there will be no reference to it.

Be warned that the story arc ends with you having to do 2 operations with a group of 7 other people! This is not a problem, but many players have complained about this forcing them to the group content.

For a graphical representation of the story, and what comes when, you could try this chart (sort of a flowchart), or this one (a bit "prettier" one).

They are both fairly old, so don't have all the "new" content (KotFE and beyond). But for the question at hand, they are more than adequate.

FWIW, the "story order" is Makeb, CZ-198, Oricon, SoR.

Edited by Adric_the_Red