Leveling too fast

Tuleras

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way with 4.0 that you can slow down your leveling? Wife and I like to waltz thru the zones and not jitterbug.

With the new level sync...it doesn't matter how fast you level. You can still enjoy every bit of content at your own pace. You will not outlevel anything.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Slow down your kevel? Jesus Christ with level sync you can freaking be 65 and still have a challenge in lower planets. I really dont understand this complaints about leveling and companions its just senseless, you want a challenge go to Instances, dont summon your companion, skip mobs i dunno why would you ask bioware to nerf the game down? To have a senseless grinding that eventually makes the game boring? And if the nerf the game down what then? You gonna go spend 500k-1m in mods every 4 levels? Or buy em at the fleet even though they are greens? And then come back here to complain that now the game is too hard? Please stop this senseless complaints the game is perfect the way it is now, piss off.

Your xp is irrelevant , do all the quests you want the sync will keep you in the right range for the planet you are on. Other than that no there is no way to slow down the xp currently , what a shame /sarcasm off

Nope, level sync is not working for me right now. I have leveled a sorc doing purely the class quests and am now 5 levels behind where I should be.

Im currently near the end of chapter 3 on Voss at level 40 and all of the content for the current leg of my class quest is level 45. They resist all of my attacks and my companion as any role can't take out the three enemies we have on our current quest.

So now I have to go and grind some flash points to gain a couple levels so I can continue the class quests only.

It would appear Bioware have not played a character through purely the class quests for me to be so far behind the level requirement.

It would appear Bioware have not played a character through purely the class quests for me to be so far behind the level requirement.

Bioware clearly stated that if you do the purple quests, your character will be fine in level progression.

It's your fault that you only chose to do class quests and nothing else.

I love that people said "it is so great: You can go back to low level planets and finally get XP for it." Now they say: "Don't worry about XP, you will be level 65 quickly and can still enjoy the low level planets." But what about the XP they used as an argument? No XP at level 65. And barely any credits as rewards anymore either. So, what is the joy again of going back to low level planets as a level 65 now?

Nope, level sync is not working for me right now. I have leveled a sorc doing purely the class quests and am now 5 levels behind where I should be.

Im currently near the end of chapter 3 on Voss at level 40 and all of the content for the current leg of my class quest is level 45. They resist all of my attacks and my companion as any role can't take out the three enemies we have on our current quest.

So now I have to go and grind some flash points to gain a couple levels so I can continue the class quests only.

You cant just do class quests anymore x12 is gone. You need to do all quests with purple icons to level correctly.

Slow down your kevel? Jesus Christ with level sync you can freaking be 65 and still have a challenge in lower planets. I really dont understand this complaints about leveling and companions its just senseless, you want a challenge go to Instances, dont summon your companion, skip mobs i dunno why would you ask bioware to nerf the game down? To have a senseless grinding that eventually makes the game boring? And if the nerf the game down what then? You gonna go spend 500k-1m in mods every 4 levels? Or buy em at the fleet even though they are greens? And then come back here to complain that now the game is too hard? Please stop this senseless complaints the game is perfect the way it is now, piss off.

This, especially the last 2 words!

You cant just do class quests anymore x12 is gone. You need to do all quests with purple icons to level correctly.

Thanks for that. I miss understood for some reason and thought we could do just the class quests.

Not a problem, Ill go grind some flash points.

Thanks for the feedback.

You might not like this, but seriously, go do 2 or three PVP rounds and you will make up the lost ground quickly. Everything, I mean everything in this game hands out XP in huge amounts.

Everyone is expected to rush through to end game stuff, even though there really isn't much of it here. I don't remember ever seeing a LFG request for a world boss. Once you level, you do dailies, pick up piddly quests, dust the knickknacks in your stronghold, or look for ways to spend credits because there doesn't seem to be many valid ways to do that any more.

You might not like this, but seriously, go do 2 or three PVP rounds and you will make up the lost ground quickly. Everything, I mean everything in this game hands out XP in huge amounts.

Everyone is expected to rush through to end game stuff, even though there really isn't much of it here. I don't remember ever seeing a LFG request for a world boss. Once you level, you do dailies, pick up piddly quests, dust the knickknacks in your stronghold, or look for ways to spend credits because there doesn't seem to be many valid ways to do that any more.

Yeah happy to give that a go, just thought that 40 was that hell spot where the bracketing has you at the ripe level for being farmed and not having a lot to offer.

Will give it a crack tonight.

• 5 months later...

Sadly no there isn't a way to slow the exp down.. I wish there was. I would love to have the ancient alien back so that the speed of exp would be my choice again. I'd pay extra per month for the privilege of NOT being level 20 before i'm off of Ord Mantel.

Sure level sync is nice.. BUT... you still gain exp and level at the same accelerated rate. I know you people in here don't want to have to actually work for your level, but some of us PREFER to have to work for it. THAT is our opinion, OUR choice and OUR desire. Your bad mouthing people who don't think the way you do shows that you are either too immature to understand that others have an opinion different then you and its ok... OR... your too young to be on the internet

That's not true at all. Level synch may lower your planetary level, but you still have all the lvl 65 abilities and inherent strengths. No matter what planet I'm on, I go through mobs and heroics as a god. I can completely understand where OP is coming from when he says that he wants to slow his level gain down a bit. It dampens the enjoyment when you're story wise just an acolyte but can display the power of a master.

That's not true at all. Level synch may lower your planetary level, but you still have all the lvl 65 abilities and inherent strengths. No matter what planet I'm on, I go through mobs and heroics as a god. I can completely understand where OP is coming from when he says that he wants to slow his level gain down a bit. It dampens the enjoyment when you're story wise just an acolyte but can display the power of a master.

then take the powers off of your bar and dont use them as you rp your way through the game. simple solution.or do the devs have to enforce that on all of us to keep you happy?

then take the powers off of your bar and dont use them as you rp your way through the game. simple solution.or do the devs have to enforce that on all of us to keep you happy?

You don't get to complain about having ideals forced upon you, whilst doing exactly the same. And why should one have to strip themselves of their armor, abilities and companions just so you can feel good about being OP? It would be best to give some people the option to slow their xp gain like they did with those items during 12x.

slow down your kevel? Jesus christ with level sync you can freaking be 65 and still have a challenge in lower planets. I really dont understand this complaints about leveling and companions its just senseless, you want a challenge go to instances, dont summon your companion, skip mobs i dunno why would you ask bioware to nerf the game down? To have a senseless grinding that eventually makes the game boring? And if the nerf the game down what then? You gonna go spend 500k-1m in mods every 4 levels? Or buy em at the fleet even though they are greens? And then come back here to complain that now the game is too hard? Please stop this senseless complaints the game is perfect the way it is now, piss off.

/grabs pitchfork and torch

yea yea yea yea yea burn him at the stake!!!

There isn't any challenge in the game for solo content, you can do any solo content naked up to Shadow of Revan at level 65 if you don't go stupid and aggro everything in range. Before, you could skip quite a few quest and be at a lower level if you wanted more difficulty. Now, if you do 1 tactical FP, 1 WZ , do the stronghold quest and grab the crafting mission, you will be greatly overleveled. My newest assassin is level 35 and just got it's ship. My gunslinger is level 17 and just did Ord Mantel and the stronghold quest.

Level sync also ruined some of the epics battles such as Jeasa and her master, Baras and Thanaton that take only 1-2 hits and they are dead. Also, it doesn't make things harder in heroics, it just make them take longer at high level. Instead of dieing in 2-3 hits, it take 10-15, but, with a healer companion, the HP doesn't drop under 95%.

The only things on planets other that can kill someone with their companion if they don't aggro multiple mobs are the world bosses and some very rare Champions bosses on the higher planets. It take only 2-4 players to kill any of them beside Nightmare pillgrim. If the companion wasn't stunned by the WB, a few of those would be soloable by a level 65 with an high influence companion.

Is there any way with 4.0 that you can slow down your leveling? Wife and I like to waltz thru the zones and not jitterbug.

As others have stated, with level sync, this is not really an issue. If you over level, the level sync just keeps readjusting to keep the content relevant.

As others have stated, with level sync, this is not really an issue. If you over level, the level sync just keeps readjusting to keep the content relevant.

Level sync does NOT make content relevant. When I can agro everything in the area around me and not take enough damage to be in any danger of dying it is not relevant. Level sync is a joke to hide that the game now has less than zero difficulty.

chapter 3 is in corellia , not voss