"All gold NPCs now grant 1 Command Experience point (down from 10)."

DakhathKilrathi

Apparently the point was instead "Play how you want to play... so we know what to nerf hardest in order to get you to spend more money on the Cartel Market for our nifty new CXP boosters!"

Yeah, nerf cxp gained on golds because people where gaining cxp too fast, then release the cxp boosters on the CM market 3 days later. Can't have anything gettting in the way of cartel market sales.

Edited by orangenkaiser

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I hadn't already unsubbed, I'd be shouting obscenities at my monitor after reading about the "bugfix" that again makes heroic missions weekly.

As it is, I already feel suitably numb and just slowly shake my head at the madness.

This was me yesterday. I was in the middle of one of my many rants about this subject to my husband (who said, "No offense, but I'm glad I unsubscribed.") when suddenly, in the middle of it...I just stopped. Something in me broke. And it was like this:

http://imgur.com/gallery/XPYwi

I'm now scared. I'm scared that if/when I leave, by the time I want to come back, SWTOR will be gone :(

This was me yesterday. I was in the middle of one of my many rants about this subject to my husband (who said, "No offense, but I'm glad I unsubscribed.") when suddenly, in the middle of it...I just stopped. Something in me broke. And it was like this:

http://imgur.com/gallery/XPYwi

I'm now scared. I'm scared that if/when I leave, by the time I want to come back, SWTOR will be gone :(

Yeah, me too. But after my sub runs out I'm going to check the forums every now and then, see if they fix things. I have a friend who will sub for a month soon(ish), and I may need to pop in as preferred to help him out.

Hmm. Maybe I should log on all my characters, one by one, and take cool screenies. A family album... in case I never sub again and want to reminisce. :D

Yeah, nerf cxp gained on golds because people where gaining cxp too fast, then release the cxp boosters on the CM market 3 days later. Can't have anything gettting in the way of cartel market sales.

This right here! I remember watching the twitch when Eric Musco was talking about the CXP cap. They were saying "Please, hit the cap. We want you to!" Someone does and look what happens...

This right here! I remember watching the twitch when Eric Musco was talking about the CXP cap. They were saying "Please, hit the cap. We want you to!" Someone does and look what happens...

Yea, and if the boost is 25% (like most of them) then that is 0 boost to Gold NPC 1 CXP ... cause rounded 1 x 1.25 = 1. Hmmm

And for the last two Heroics I ran, I got 0 CXP for all three Champions :(.

Yea, and if the boost is 25% (like most of them) then that is 0 boost to Gold NPC 1 CXP ... cause rounded 1 x 1.25 = 1. Hmmm

No need to round it, you know. They can show rounded but internally use floating point representation so after you kill 4 elites you see the 4th one give 2 points.

Play how you want to play! Then pay us to make how you want to play actually matter--oh wait, except it doesn't, we're scamming you!

Seriously, EAWare. This is a disgustingly blatant example of creating a problem where none existed before (as the 4.0 gear system worked JUST FINE), making the problem worse by nerfing gains, and then trying to coerce us into purchasing a 200 cartel coin 3 hour boost partial solution for the problem YOU CREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Edited by AscendingSky

Pay what you want to play! Then pay us to make how you want to play matter--oh wait, except it doesn't, we're scamming you!

Seriously, EAWare. This is a disgustingly blatant example of creating a problem where none existed before (as the 4.0 gear system worked JUST FINE), making the problem worse by nerfing gains, and then trying to coerce us into purchasing a 200 cartel coin 3 hour boost partial solution for the problem YOU CREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Which is no solution at all for PVE. Consider 1 Heroic 2 from DK - Personal challenge.

Pre-nerf I would get 100 CXP from this, (8 golds + 20 for completion) or maybe 127, depending on the state of the DvL contest. Nowhere near the amount for a warzone.

Post-nerf, I get 20 CXP for completion (or maybe 23, given favourable DvL. Even with a CXP boost @ 200 CC, I would get 25 or 28 CXP.

It's just not worth either the time or the CC. PVP and GSF are the only ways to get CPX in reasonable amounts.

Which is no solution at all for PVE. Consider 1 Heroic 2 from DK - Personal challenge.

Pre-nerf I would get 100 CXP from this, (8 golds + 20 for completion) or maybe 127, depending on the state of the DvL contest. Nowhere near the amount for a warzone.

Post-nerf, I get 20 CXP for completion (or maybe 23, given favourable DvL. Even with a CXP boost @ 200 CC, I would get 25 or 28 CXP.

It's just not worth either the time or the CC. PVP and GSF are the only ways to get CPX in reasonable amounts.

Yep... and in both PvP and GSF, you can literally AFK through most of the match and still get amply rewarded for not doing a damn thing. Hell, in GSF, people queue up, hope for deathmatches, and then repeatedly run their ships into rocks or walls over and over just to make the match end quicker so they can get their CXP and move on sooner! It's ridiculous.

But PvE content? No, you have to work for those rewards, little of it is endlessly repeatable all day long without limit like both PvP and GSF are, and what content is repeatable (flashpoints and those execrable zero effort Uprising things) can take HOURS of waiting in the queue for it to pop, only to waste your time with a group that doesn't know what they're doing, wiping repeatedly, then having to quit and start all over again in the queue when the other players bail! And forget getting a pop at all on the several ghost town servers that exist.

Edited by AscendingSky

They're doing an impromptu Livestream on Thursday. Somebody posted a Livestream BINGO card here if you're interested in watching:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=904962

It's not an impromptu livestream. It is the livestream that they told us that we get when they did their last livestream that was meant to celebrate how awesome the new totally awesome content is, and how much we all love it.

It's not an impromptu livestream. It is the livestream that they told us that we get when they did their last livestream that was meant to celebrate how awesome the new totally awesome content is, and how much we all love it.

Just think how wonderful they will feel when they finally absorb just how happy we are with RnG and CXP Nerfs......:eek:

Well, as I have said before, reducing the payout for golds to 1 CXP was a silly move IMO. Reducing the weekly cap would have been far more effective.

It is the only way to prevent farming in the future...players will simply find new ways to farm CXP, the weekly cap needs to be reduced and CXP payout needs to be INCREASED across the board IMO.

THAT would be the proper solution IMO.

Well, as I have said before, reducing the payout for golds to 1 CXP was a silly move IMO. Reducing the weekly cap would have been far more effective.

It is the only way to prevent farming in the future...players will simply find new ways to farm CXP, the weekly cap needs to be reduced and CXP payout needs to be INCREASED across the board IMO.

THAT would be the proper solution IMO.

Reducing the cap was not the answer either. No artificial method of slowing the grind is warranted. If anything they should do something to accelerate the rate that we are earning cxp, and they should raise the cap so that only actual exploiters ever reach it.

Yep... and in both PvP and GSF, you can literally AFK through most of the match and still get amply rewarded for not doing a damn thing. Hell, in GSF, people queue up, hope for deathmatches, and then repeatedly run their ships into rocks or walls over and over just to make the match end quicker so they can get their CXP and move on sooner! It's ridiculous.

This sort of behavior by players will just end up getting a Band-Aid nerf to PvP and GSF if they keep it up.

And I agree that they need to do a complete balance assessment of how Cxp is paid out across the content sgements. Which content you choose should depend on what you like to do, NOT what pays out the most for the least effort AND is exploitable. It's fine if they want to pay out a daily premium for one content segment, as this is healthy in getting people out of their ruts.... but beyond that..

They need to get all the segments normalized to one another and insure that group content also has plenty of Cxp bonus drops that players can roll for and apply to their character when they win.... THAT is how to differentiate hard group content from easy solo content.

Edited by Andryah

I wasn't planning on tuning into the livestream. But, now I wanna be there to see when BINGO starts popping up in the twitch chat! hehe

As I don't care about my PvP ranking, using ranked and just suiciding may be the fastest way to go :eek:

I intend to play Ranked PvP for the first time just to get CXP faster, but I'll play it straight to the best of my ability. And if old PVP'ers are willing to teach us n00bs, I'll be glad. If not... well, I developed a pretty thick skin to endure PvP abuse.

But yes, it would be better if BW undid the Gold CXP nerf.

Until Bioware shows otherwise by nerfing CXP from PvP or other fun sources, i'm gonna assume they nerfed gold mob CXP this much because it's a boring activity to farm them.

Bioware is now telling us what is fun and what isn't? Are you for real?

Also, just for the record. PvP is not a fun source for me, and I am rather certain I am not the only one who thinks so.