Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Onderon Daily Mission Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Onderon Daily Mission Feedback
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.29.2019 , 10:28 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Onderon's daily missions are now available for testing! In order to access Onderon, talk to the travel droid at the Odessen base camp (right near the boost terminal). Let us know your thoughts and be sure to include:
  • The name / location of the Mission.
  • Your faction / Class.
  • Is the Mission clear on what is required of you?
  • Is the Mission too easy or difficult?
Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pandoras_Jar
08.29.2019 , 06:49 PM | #2
Class - Merc (Heals)
Companion - Shae Vizla Rank 44 (DPS)
Faction - Imperial <3

Are there only a max of 10 dailies you can do a day? Or did I miss 2? The weekly requires 12 dailies.

All of the Imperial Dailies I did were pretty straight forward to complete and I think they're balanced pretty well difficulty wise. I did have to heal more than I would on live doing dailies but that's to be expected with lack of any level 75 gear haha. My companion was doing good DPS (but then again it's Shae soooooo) so I think companions have been bolstered/scaled or whatever up well too.

But anyway Onderon is super *********** pretty send my regards onto the folks responsible for making it look so amazing!

PS. Will there be reputation? Also, we NEED lots and lots of pretty Onderon decorations? Please!
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
| SWTOR Content Creator Program Member |
Website: mmobits.com - Onslaught - Game Update 6.0 Gearing Guide - 6.0 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide 6.0 Class Changes, Set Bonuses + Tacticals | Twitter: @Rach_Games
~ Satele Shan - APAC/Oceanic - <Korvus/Corvus> ~

DarthYun
08.30.2019 , 02:44 AM | #3
Please, please please please PLEASSSSE remove invisible walls from rooftops and stuff so we can have fun and go jump everywhere.

It has sadly been a recent trend of the fun police to put invisible walls everywhere to not make us go to places outside of the paths. I really love jumping around and when I saw the hunting lodge I got really excited and immediately went up on the roofs to go full assassins creed mode on my assassin and everything seemed so lovely until I hit an invisible wall, and another one, and another one and AAAAH PLEASE IT IS SO FUN BUT YOU RUINED IT PLS FIX
pre nerf Bane of Baneful Banthas
Pre Nerf Bane of Izax
Pre Nerf Revanchist
Deposer of the Fortress
Conqueror of the Dread Masters
2014 Revanchist
World First Tyth
World First Repside Sisters pre 248 gear
Server First EC timed
pre nerf ravenchist
post buff raven
pre German world first repside Nahut (0 deaths)
World 1st Izax repside without memes
World 1st Izax 15.5m (also without memes but with meme people)
world 2nd original roster Gods Timed (no kicks)
World 2nd timed without exploits (knightmera poweru)
world first main repside team gods timed nim impside timed run timed (nightmare power)
World 1st Collicoid Queen 8m HM (no graba jerba)
World 1st Collicoid Queer 16m HM (no enrage 5 stack ez timed)

Banthabreeder
08.30.2019 , 03:25 AM | #4
Onderon Collector Quest

I found where Queen Talia's Necklace was but it wouldn't let me click it and get credit. It's not glowing blue like the other items. You can put your cursor over it and it says, "Queen Talia's Necklace" but that's about all.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

mrwayn
08.30.2019 , 04:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
Onderon Collector Quest

I found where Queen Talia's Necklace was but it wouldn't let me click it and get credit. It's not glowing blue like the other items. You can put your cursor over it and it says, "Queen Talia's Necklace" but that's about all.
I assume somebody else clicked it before you and it was still on cooldown. It works the same way on Dantooine for the onetime "collect-some-stuff"-quest. One can just hope the respawn-timer isn't as ridiculously long as on Dantooine.

As for my own experiences:
Imp-side, Assassin-dps, heal/dps-comp lvl 22

Most of the quests are straight forward, except for "Rooftop rumble". I couldn't figure out a way to get up there (or if I'm even supposed to). Related to that, I would agree with an earlier post, that the invisible walls are extremly annoying, pls remove them (unless they're only temporary to prevent us from finding something we're not supposed to yet).
I only found 10 missions, when the weekly needs 12, so I hope I either missed some missions or you're gonna reduce the weekly to match the amount of dailies.

4 small things:
- when I was trying to use a taxi from "imperial forward operating base" to "imperial cave camp", it wouldn't let me
- when I used QT to "forward operating base" I spawned in the republic outpost (maybe this QT-point shouldn't be there for imps? or maybe the spawnpoint is just wrong?)
- when using a taxi to fly back to the hunters lodge, my lovely thranta (or whatever) went straight through a rock-formation at one point (not that it bothers me much, I'm not using taxis normally)
- there is a typo on the map for one of the taxi-points "imperail archeological site"
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

orangenkaiser
08.30.2019 , 07:19 AM | #6
Just a few thoughts:

-The Mandalorian Armor quest should have the Armor dropping off the regular mobs as well as the Strong ones. Getting a bunch of people there trying to farm the Armor item objective with it only dropping off the Strongs will cause the mission to take a long time and lead to griefing.
-You may want to reconsider using Yellow to outline Mission objective locations. The yellow blends in too well with the dirt and I ended up running around for half an hour trying to do one of the dailies because I couldn't see the objective spots to plant the surveillance stuff.

Also, I found a couple of seams in the world map as well (X,Y, Z location above the minimap in the bottom right corner)
https://i.imgur.com/qXRNAIO.png
https://i.imgur.com/rFhCitJ.png
Snazzy Signature here

dinokdorg
08.30.2019 , 07:54 AM | #7
Looking forward to testing

ZionHalcyon
08.30.2019 , 09:17 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthYun View Post
Please, please please please PLEASSSSE remove invisible walls from rooftops and stuff so we can have fun and go jump everywhere.

It has sadly been a recent trend of the fun police to put invisible walls everywhere to not make us go to places outside of the paths. I really love jumping around and when I saw the hunting lodge I got really excited and immediately went up on the roofs to go full assassins creed mode on my assassin and everything seemed so lovely until I hit an invisible wall, and another one, and another one and AAAAH PLEASE IT IS SO FUN BUT YOU RUINED IT PLS FIX
I second the removing of invisible walls.

DreadtechSavant
08.30.2019 , 10:36 AM | #9
Character Merc
Comp, used T7 level 6, as was sending higher levelled comps on crew missions.

Was it hard? No found it OK (other than moving slow which I will get to later). Really liked the planet. Did not find any mats to pick up, have they not been added yet? However it was also very long winded having to do 12 to get the weekly. Can it be reduced to 10? which then gives the player the option to pick and chose which 10 out of the 12. Nothing to stop anyone who wants to do all 12 doing so. There are a few issues but all the ones I found have already been mentioned by above posters.

. In the end did not do all quests there. For some reason this planet same as Dantoonie my character is just moving so slowly. Other players running past me just fine, so clearly the issue is with my PC not the planets but really found it time consuming because of it. Maybe some tech expert may be able to advise on that, but yes my PC is really slow for playing this game, fine in doing anything else.

Onderon is at least as far as I am concerned well done, and now hope the other planets are as done as well as this.
so 10/10 from me on the planet.

cibacrome
08.30.2019 , 11:18 AM | #10
For rooftop rumble mouse over the ladder untill you find the clickable spot. Not sure if intended or bugged, but it's a small hotbox and no highlight.

Also the lures weren't working for dewback until after I lures that cat, then suddenly it worked.

+1000 on reducing the weekly to 10 dailies.

+1000 on less invisible walls, and even should be possible to platform up some steep/tall cliffsides, the winding maze through cliff canyons is a tad boring.

Besides that no real complaints.