Juggernaut Rage or Marauder Rage?

Dan_Loto

I just started a new SW for mainly story purposes and want to try out the Rage tree. He's currently sitting on the fleet at level 10. Would it be better to go Juggernaut or Marauder? I already have characters for the other skill trees, so I'm not interested in those right now.

For leveling either is fine. At end game, when you pull everything with those smashes, Juggs do tend to survive a bit better. For what you're wanting to do, it really doesn't matter, though I'm not sure why you'd want to level a toon all the way up with no consideration for end game. Your nose, you pick it.

Jugg Rage is slightly more survivable than Mara Rage, but Jugg Rage has slightly lower DPS overall, Also Jugg Rage has a much better slow talent, instead of when you leap to a target it gets slowed, you get a free Chilling Scream which is an AOE slow. also Jugg Rage has a bit more group utility IMO because of Intercede and Saber Reflect. Rage Mara has it's buffs from Predation and Bloodthirst on it's side though.

It's 2 sides of the same coin, do you want more group focus, or more overall damage focus. IMO both Rage trees are useless and should be avoided, but if you want the lesser of 2 uselessnesses (yes i just made that up) go Jugg Rage.

For PvE and story, Rage is far from useless. It does huge AoE damage and the single-target damage isn't bad either, definitely good enough for story and leveling ffs. Any spec of any class works for that content, let's not kid ourselves here.

Jugg Rage is slightly more survivable than Mara Rage, but Jugg Rage has slightly lower DPS overall, Also Jugg Rage has a much better slow talent, instead of when you leap to a target it gets slowed, you get a free Chilling Scream which is an AOE slow. also Jugg Rage has a bit more group utility IMO because of Intercede and Saber Reflect. Rage Mara has it's buffs from Predation and Bloodthirst on it's side though.

It's 2 sides of the same coin, do you want more group focus, or more overall damage focus. IMO both Rage trees are useless and should be avoided, but if you want the lesser of 2 uselessnesses (yes i just made that up) go Jugg Rage.

4K DPS on Grob'thok and Corruptor Zero say otherwise.