Good marauders on your server

TyrasXIII

Hi guys,

i've seen ALOT of threads from people stating that there are no good marauders on their servers and not many to ask for advice from.

Now anyone with half a brain will read the guides here ( which are quite well put together ) but there are also those that dont have the patience or time to sit and read through a big guide.

How about we make a list of Marauders we've seen on our server who have performed well and really make the class 'shine'.

something like this would suffice :

server - [voidstar]

marauder - bobmarley

guild - marasareawesome

at least then, if we cross these people in game, we can ask where we're going wrong and what we can do to make ourselves better ratehr than come to the forums and complain...

ps - it also give sthat player a bit of 'glory' so to speak for actually mastering something that so many others seem to fail at

Name: Leviathan

Server: Saber of Exar Kun

Guild: Sesame Street

I'm more of a PvE player, I have a completely different character for PvP. But I enjoy the Marauder PvP every once in a while. And yes, Stmp is a God; luckily I get teamed up with him almost every time I hop into PvP.

Edit: Whoops fail on me for reading I wrote about myself.....heh.

Edited by MAFIAxMaverick

Name: Brutesavage

Server: Nads Sarcophogus

Guild: Unknown

Pve marauder mostly but run premades when needed for pvp! If you need help on my server send me a PM.

My gear is itemized rediculously

1900str/509 power/75%surge/28%crit, and still need 3 pieces of rakata to finish the set and best dps in the raid atm :)

Edited by SavageBrute

I have sents/mars asking me for advice everyday. I don't know what to tell them. I usually say things like unbind keyboard turn and replace with strafe buttons and stuff. Playing this class is easy to figure out and straight forward otherwise. If you do it right the other side will report you for hacking :p.

Name: Aluvian

Guild: Zeitgeist (www.zeitgeist-swtor.com)

Server: Darth Bandon

I am referring to myself (just FYI). I am the best marauder on the server, by far. This isn't saying much, as our servers sith warrior players are woefully inadequate save for a very small handful, half of which are in our guild.

I have explored every possible spec, both pve and pvp. I have optimized my gear to death and run multiple dps tests on champion mobs to find the optimum stat weights. I have full best in slot PvE gear, including crit crafted Columi implants (yes, crit crafted Columi implants are better than Rakata due to the ability to put in a +28 str augment into each).

I would go so far as to boast that I also could not be beaten in a 1v1 duel, assuming that I have all cooldowns up.

I play annihilation. 31/7/3. No other spec matches this. I encourage other marauders to experiment and come to this conclusion themselves, but take my word on it if you are lazy.

If you need help, and you show some promise, I might be willing to give you some advice and point you in the right direction, but as Tychus would say "you cain't fix stoopid". Some people just aren't worth the time.

^

wannabe pro

edit: Don't take it personal btw, there are lots of good marauders and you may be one of the best on your server but you can't call yourself the best because you CAN'T PROVE IT

You have to wait till ranked WZ's to be able to call yourself the "best" when you're the nr1 ranked marauder on your server.

Edited by WokeSmeed

How does one go about "PROOF"ing it?

Like I'm saying, you can't.

This thread was to show or talk about the "good" marauders and their "skillz". So, there is no "best" marauder, and yet you're calling yourself the "best" of your server.

edit: Btw, english isn't my main language so it's normal for me to make mistakes with words.

Juts google'd it and it had to be prove.

edited on my previous post

Edited by WokeSmeed

No other marauder has the gear or both "The Unyielding" AND "The Infernal One" titles.. not to mention Battlemaster etc.

If you want to measure it in PvE metrics, then I am the best on the server, because those are the only PvE metrics with which we have to measure due to the fact that there is no combat log and no way to truly check dps. This means by the way, if you didn't know, that myself and my guild have cleared all of nightmare EV and KP in under 2 hours each. Also, we are one of the few guilds to have cleared all of EV on Nightmare 16 man, which is significantly harder than 8 man due to the geniuses at Bioware thinking that abilities that hit for 3/4 of your hp on 8 man should hit for twice that on 16 man.

As far as PvP goes, you just have to take my word for it, but I would welcome anyone that wants to duel me 1v1 and I would put 250k on each duel in my favor if they want to bet. And this extends to any class that wants to duel.

No other marauder has the gear or both "The Unyielding" AND "The Infernal One" titles.. not to mention Battlemaster etc.

If you want to measure it in PvE metrics, then I am the best on the server, because those are the only PvE metrics with which we have to measure due to the fact that there is no combat log and no way to truly check dps. This means by the way, if you didn't know, that myself and my guild have cleared all of nightmare EV and KP in under 2 hours each. Also, we are one of the few guilds to have cleared all of EV on Nightmare 16 man, which is significantly harder than 8 man due to the geniuses at Bioware thinking that abilities that hit for 3/4 of your hp on 8 man should hit for twice that on 16 man.

As far as PvP goes, you just have to take my word for it, but I would welcome anyone that wants to duel me 1v1 and I would put 250k on each duel in my favor if they want to bet. And this extends to any class that wants to duel.

Whatever, my dad could beat up your dad.

Guild =/= 1 marauder doing all the ****

Titles/gear/valor rank means nothing. I could kill battlemasters when I was still runnin around in centurion and modded orange gear.

And if I had smarter and more hardcore people in my guild, we would have cleared them both on NM in less then 2 hours too.

We're talkin about PvP here, I can't just take your word for it. You don't have any rankings or something to call yourself the best.

And I'm 100% sure that there is atleast 1 guy on your server that is able to beat you in a 1v1 duel. This doesn't mean you can't defeat him, but you can't say you wil allways win a fight cuz winning and losing is a part of duelling. And nobody will win ALL of their duels, it's just impossible. No matter how pro you are or OP your class is, there is allways someone that can defeat you.

So please, stop calling yourself the best -.-

Edited by WokeSmeed

Guild =/= 1 marauder doing all the ****

Titles/gear/valor rank means nothing. I could kill battlemasters when I was still runnin around in centurion and modded orange gear.

And if I had smarter and more hardcore people in my guild, we would have cleared them both on NM in less then 2 hours too.

We're talkin about PvP here, I can't just take your word for it. You don't have any rankings or something to call yourself the best.

And I'm 100% sure that there is atleast 1 guy on your server that is able to beat you in a 1v1 duel. This doesn't mean you can't defeat him, but you can't say you wil allways win a fight cuz winning and losing is a part of duelling. And nobody will win ALL of their duels, it's just impossible. No matter how pro or OP your class is, there is allways someone that can defeat you.

So please, stop calling yourself the best -.-

We're not JUST talking PvP here, as the OP originally stated that he was looking for good marauders in general, not JUST PvP marauders, and if you want to measure a player by PvE metrics then my assertion is valid.

The entire premise of the thread is highly subjective and fraught with opinions, some of which no doubt concur with your own. The OP asked for good marauders per server, I delivered my opinion, you disagree, good for you. /thread

We're not JUST talking PvP here, as the OP originally stated that he was looking for good marauders in general, not JUST PvP marauders, and if you want to measure a player by PvE metrics then my assertion is valid.

The entire premise of the thread is highly subjective and fraught with opinions, some of which no doubt concur with your own. The OP asked for good marauders per server, I delivered my opinion, you disagree, good for you. /thread

And you still call yourself the best -.-

But I agree with you, /thread cuz I can't argue with a r***rd like you

edit: to get back ontopic

Marauder: Gio (me), Zèd, Carvalhone (these are the names I just remember) and many others

Server: Legions of Lettow (the server where nobody is the best)

Guild: not important

Edited by WokeSmeed

Name: Aluvian

Guild: Zeitgeist (www.zeitgeist-swtor.com)

Server: Darth Bandon

I am referring to myself (just FYI). I am the best marauder on the server, by far. This isn't saying much, as our servers sith warrior players are woefully inadequate save for a very small handful, half of which are in our guild.

I have explored every possible spec, both pve and pvp. I have optimized my gear to death and run multiple dps tests on champion mobs to find the optimum stat weights. I have full best in slot PvE gear, including crit crafted Columi implants (yes, crit crafted Columi implants are better than Rakata due to the ability to put in a +28 str augment into each).

I would go so far as to boast that I also could not be beaten in a 1v1 duel, assuming that I have all cooldowns up.

I play annihilation. 31/7/3. No other spec matches this. I encourage other marauders to experiment and come to this conclusion themselves, but take my word on it if you are lazy.

If you need help, and you show some promise, I might be willing to give you some advice and point you in the right direction, but as Tychus would say "you cain't fix stoopid". Some people just aren't worth the time.

you sound like a huge nerd

but then again this is an MMO we're talking about

Edited by HBninjaX

This means by the way, if you didn't know, that myself and my guild have cleared all of nightmare EV and KP in under 2 hours each. Also, we are one of the few guilds to have cleared all of EV on Nightmare 16 man, which is significantly harder than 8 man due to the geniuses at Bioware thinking that abilities that hit for 3/4 of your hp on 8 man should hit for twice that on 16 man.

Seriously?

Hey grats on SWTOR Ops. You're like the world's tallest midget.

Edited by Vulgram

Stmp gets pocket heals + guard 24/7 when he is in a WZ. Not saying he is bad tho, but you can't call someone "god" with pocket heals.

So queuing with someone who happens to be a healer, who is also healing everyone else, is a pocket healer? Lol, okay.... ;)

Edit: And by guard if you mean Riggerowl,they are never anywhere NEAR each other in a WZ, if rarely. So yeah... you got your intel wrong bro.

Edited by Naethion

how did i know that by creating this thread it would turn into an Epeen stroking contest...

i asked the community to compile a list of marauders we had observed in action or heard about, so any newbies could have points of contact in order to improve themselves and maybe reduce all the stupid nooby complaining threads.

oh and just fyi, the intentions of the thread were not for me, it was for any newbie mara, hence me asking you to list your servers aswell....

Aluvi, you do take the whole im the best at the game thing to a new level dude.......

how did i know that by creating this thread it would turn into an Epeen stroking contest...

i asked the community to compile a list of marauders we had observed in action or heard about, so any newbies could have points of contact in order to improve themselves and maybe reduce all the stupid nooby complaining threads.

oh and just fyi, the intentions of the thread were not for me, it was for any newbie mara, hence me asking you to list your servers aswell....

Aluvi, you do take the whole im the best at the game thing to a new level dude.......

Saying you did not know creating such a thread would create such an epeen contest is like a 17 yo telling his dad he had no idea that brick wall would wreck the car.