No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

The problem is, too many people blame the tool and not the users.

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player give you abuse and act like a dick to you?

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player ninja an item?

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player terrible at their class?

No.

You can give a man a stick, he could use it to make a fire to keep himself warm or he could wander around smacking people in the face with it.

Just because people misuse a tool does not mean that it was the fault of the tool.

Also just to note, in the very few Flashpoints I've managed to get a group for whilst levelling here, nobody spoke a bloody word the entire way through despite my efforts to be sociable.

On WoW when the LFD tool was around, I actually met my guild through it and joined them because we had such a fun time and they were so sociable. I transferred server and had some of the best times with them.

Edited by chaosdefined

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, it wasn't always this way( for WoW at least, in the over 6 yrs I played.) People would actually take the time to talk to each other, whereas once X-LFG was in, communication of all kinds stopped.

Now, I know some people want X-LFG. I'm not one of those people, but I can understand. Is there any middle ground that can be discussed?

I don't know what server you played on, but I started on Echo Isles in late 2006 and played on Moon Guard from 2008 until late last year when I finally had it with Cataclysm, and I can tell you that is utter crap. I had no problem finding conversation, in-depth RP (Part of one of the largest RP guilds Horde side at the time, as well as one of the largest Alliance Guilds.)

LFG made the instances easier and more accessable to people who did not belong to a raiding guild, or did not raid. I didn't have many problems at all with Wrath, and even Cataclysm's problems cleared up once people learned the instance fights, and Blizzard fixed the tanking mechanics.

X-LFG was a god-send for low-population realms, and realms with massive population imbalances. It allowed people to do their weekly dungeon quotas without having to set and spam in LFG, and deal with endless strings of elitists gearchecking them for basic instances. (O, u dont have Ulduar 25? No Heroic Nexus for you!)

The game is already having MAJOR issues with mid-to-high level players finding heroic and flashpoint groups. The only other way to solve this would be to cross-link all the servers in a fashion similar to EVE Online, and that's a logistical and technical impossibility.

I pay 15 dollars a month for a game to have fun. Let me re-interate that point to you. I do not pay that 15 dollars to endlessly min-max in hopes I can get a group, sacrifice my professional life to raid so I will be able to clear something in 14 minutes instead of 20, and deal with snobby, patience-less elitists who think a single failure is a reason to abandon a group. I also don't consider it fun to set on Carrack Station and endlessly spam for the hope of getting a group.

Edited by AuroraDawn

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player give you abuse and act like a dick to you? No, but lack of reprecussions made it 10xs worse

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player ninja an item? Again, it's with no consquences, and encourages said behavior.

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player terrible at their class? T[ihat wasn't my point and I'm not sure why you brought it up

No.

You can give a man a stick, he could use it to make a fire to keep himself warm or he could wander around smacking people in the face with it.

Just because people misuse a tool does not mean that it was the fault of the tool.

Also just to note, in the very few Flashpoints I've managed to get a group for whilst levelling here, nobody spoke a bloody word the entire way through despite my efforts to be sociable.

Funny, I've had the exact opposite experience. Most of the people I've done FPs with were very social, polite and helpful, with a great sense of humor. Please let me repeat: I'm not saying my opinion is correct. It based off of a year or so of X-LFG

On WoW when the LFD tool was around, I actually met my guild through it and joined them because we had such a fun time and they were so sociable. I transferred server and had some of the best times with them.

I'm glad you had a good experience with the LFD. No sarcasm; I'm being sincere. However, I think you may be in the minority.

The thing I haven't seen much of in these threads(I've read them all), is a compromise. Since I don't think the pro X-LFG and anti X-LFG will ever agree, what do you think some alternatives could be?

Edited by natashina

The thing I haven't seen much of in these threads(I've read them all), is a compromise. Since I don't think the pro X-LFG and anti X-LFG will ever agree, what do you think some alternatives could be?

Not use the LFG button if it offends your senses so? Just a suggestion. Those of us on low-population sides on our servers should not be forced to roll an Imp or Pub to be able to get a group.

That is a much simpler solution that fighting tooth and nail to keep something out that would keep players attracted to the game and interested.

This will be final time I say this: This is my opinion on how it might affect the game.

I'm not saying the people that want X-LFGs are wrong. X-LFGs can be a huge boon, especially for people with limited playtime and don't want to hang out in the fleet forever.

I'm not saying that the people that are anti-LFGs are wrong either. For some of the reasons I've stated, I think it's a bad idea.

So, since we'll probably never agree, this is a good time to talk about a middle ground.

My point wasn't to say that I'm right or anything, I was just trying to highlight that it can go each way for both.

They're already bringing in a Single Server LFD tool in Patch 1.3. Though I don't think that's going to solve any problems, because on the EU servers every single server is of Low Population.

What they need to do along with this single server LFD tool is merge a lot of the servers which are of low population in order to increase the playerbase and chances of getting a group together.

That should please both sets of parties. We have the tools to form parties wherever we are and it's all kept on the same server.

My final thoughts: I can ignore the X-LFG tool. That's not a huge deal to me. Yet, it seems that it's going to kill general chat on the servers. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play their game, not trying to say they are wrong for this.

I'M NOT TELLING PEOPLE THAT WANT X-LFG THAT THEY ARE WRONG.

I'M NOT TELLING PEOPLE THAT ARE ANTI-LFG THAT THEY ARE RIGHT.

See, I'm a fan of just non cross server LFG. I think there is enough of a population to merit one per server. I think a tool that will allow players from the same server to group up would work nicely. That way, if you aren't in the fleet, you can go, "I'm bored," and get to know other people on the server. And yes, I play on a low population server and I still feel this way.

Anyhow, may your days be merry, may your heart shine bright, and may you always find fun in this world.

BTW, I was in 4 servers in my time in WoW and found the community of each one very solid and defined pre X-LFG tool.

They are implementing a single server LFG for flashpoints, no cross.

Source:

Guild Summit.

/thread

QFT

My last post was all I had to say about that. I mean this very sincerely: I hope everyone can get at least some of what they want and need in the game. This has been a passionate and overall very intelligent conversation, and I'm pleased I got to read it. :D

Take care all, and I hope your day goes well.

They're already bringing in a Single Server LFD tool in Patch 1.3. Though I don't think that's going to solve any problems, because on the EU servers every single server is of Low Population.

Maybe the EU I live in is different than the EU Crazy world you live in. But low population on all EU servers is a blatant lie. Stop spreading it. Unless of course you consider non-heavy as low. But the actual definition of low is different. And there are a number of servers that go heavy on primetime every single day.

What they need to do along with this single server LFD tool is merge a lot of the servers which are of low population in order to increase the playerbase and chances of getting a group together.

That should please both sets of parties. We have the tools to form parties wherever we are and it's all kept on the same server.

This part of your post is actually very reasonable considering the lie you just spread.

But, I do agree with you. I would not want a X-server LFD mostly because it will remove many possibilities a single server LFD might have. Yes, queue times will be longer for DPS classes, but almost every AC except 2 on each side have an option for a non-DPS spec. So that really is not a major issue.

Thing is though, low-pop servers will become even less popular to join into then heavy ones in a single server LFD. So the game needs to consolidate servers before or shortly after 1.3 and single server LFD, or it will be a non-succesful implementation.

I do wish that X-server LFD will not be added though. As, to me, it ruins the fun of pugging. I love pugging with people from my server because socializing with them during a run might result in a new friend to add to my friends list and stay in touch with. X-server just removes that entirely. After a while, you don't even notice someone is from your own server anymore as one of the nice rewards from pugging gets removed and you stop looking out for it.

Right now, every pug I run, I leave with at least 1 new person on my friends list and a nice experience. While every X-server LFD I ever played was all about doing it fast and trying to spend as little time together as possible after a while.

Edited by Devlonir

I just want to say I played WOW before and after LFG was brought out and I must say the game is much worse since LFG. People either don't talk at all or they are just plain rude. I would love to see a realm only LFG but I do not want a cross realm LFG. If they do a realm only LFG combined with server mergers this would fix alot of the issues people are having with finding groups for flashpoints.

Maybe the EU I live in is different than the EU Crazy world you live in. But low population on all EU servers is a blatant lie. Stop spreading it. Unless of course you consider non-heavy as low. But the actual definition of low is different. And there are a number of servers that go heavy on primetime every single day.

This part of your post is actually very reasonable considering the lie you just spread.

But, I do agree with you. I would not want a X-server LFD mostly because it will remove many possibilities a single server LFD might have. Yes, queue times will be longer for DPS classes, but almost every AC except 2 on each side have an option for a non-DPS spec. So that really is not a major issue.

Thing is though, low-pop servers will become even less popular to join into then heavy ones in a single server LFD. So the game needs to consolidate servers before or shortly after 1.3 and single server LFD, or it will be a non-succesful implementation.

I do wish that X-server LFD will not be added though. As, to me, it ruins the fun of pugging. I love pugging with people from my server because socializing with them during a run might result in a new friend to add to my friends list and stay in touch with. X-server just removes that entirely. After a while, you don't even notice someone is from your own server anymore as one of the nice rewards from pugging gets removed and you stop looking out for it.

Right now, every pug I run, I leave with at least 1 new person on my friends list and a nice experience. While every X-server LFD I ever played was all about doing it fast and trying to spend as little time together as possible after a while.

Um, excuse me? I'm not spreading lies or making anything up. Seriously why would I do that?

Go look at this link:

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

It tells you right there the population of the EU servers. Out of around 90 Servers, 17 of those are Standard Population and the rest are Light.

Please do your research before you accuse me of telling lies.

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player give you abuse and act like a dick to you?

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player ninja an item?

Was it the LFG Tool that made that player terrible at their class?

No.

But you wont be able to imprint that into the naysayers brains, that and the fact that they dont need to use the tool at all to begin with, but they need to moan and complain...

Um, excuse me? I'm not spreading lies or making anything up. Seriously why would I do that?

Go look at this link:

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

It tells you right there the population of the EU servers. Out of around 90 Servers, 17 of those are Standard Population and the rest are Light.

Please do your research before you accuse me of telling lies.

Lol you need to do your research, you realize what time it is now say in london right? Most of europe is in the middle of their work/school day right now. That's why they are light or standard.

#fail

The urban legend of "destroyed communities" from a cross server LFG tool... I would really like to see verifiable proof of this ever happening.

I never experienced it and never heard about it happening pre and post LFG in WoW.

This is a straw man argument that doesn't hold any water once you peel back the emotions. There is no good reason to not have a cross server LFG tool. Everyone that I know from WoW that was there pre and post, loved the change. Ate it up... but then we all turned in to selfish ninja b***s that cursed everyone and kicked our friends from runs too... J/K! :D

Lol you need to do your research, you realize what time it is now say in london right? Most of europe is in the middle of their work/school day right now. That's why they are light or standard.

#fail

So nice of you to provide a mature response.

Check those servers again at peak times then. You'll find there's not a whole lot of difference.

But my point remains, there are too many servers with the playerbase spread amongst them. Bioware should merge together a good amount of them in order to bulk up the population on servers so that there isn't a need for a Cross-Server LFD Tool.

#fail

My EU server was heavy/full during the first month, it now barely hits standard during EU prime time.

This is a straw man argument that doesn't hold any water once you peel back the emotions. There is no good reason to not have a cross server LFG tool.

I'll trust their data proves otherwise to your personal opinion.

Everyone that I know from WoW that was there pre and post, loved the change.

Well then it MUST be so. Talk about straw man arguments.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

I'll trust their data proves otherwise to your personal opinion.

Well then it MUST be so. Talk about straw man arguments.

What data is that?

Were you there for the pre and post implementation in WoW? Were you the kindest of people in pre-LFG and then turned in to a total moron to others afterward?

Seriously, it doesn't even make sense, its not logical! Unless it causes brain damage that changes everyone's personalities...

What data is that?

This was a business decision that effects its consumer base. If you think they made it on a whim, I have a bridge to sell you.

It's like you said, "once you peel back the emotions." there was obviously merit in favor of their choice.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII