My theory on the new Star Wars trilogy

GeoLager

Just follow me on this:

Snoke is Darth Plagueis.

It is mentioned in episode 3 that Plagueis had mastered creating life from the Dark Side.

It was hinted at that Plagueis and Sidious were both individually looking for a way of immortality. Because a Sith can only rule as long as they are alive.

But if Darth Plagueis is dead how can he be Snoke?

*Plot Twist #1*

Darth Plagueis IS dead. Snoke is actually the spirit of Darth Plagueis much like we see with Yoda and Obi Wan post mortem.

Theory time:

Plagueis before he died figured out the key to immortality. The key to immortality is a plot device used in the EU. In the EU, Sidious was able to be resurrected using clones of himself. But the idea of a spirit of using a host body is the key.

*Plot Twist #2*

Plagueis needed a host body that was strong in the force to accept his spirit. His original intention and the whole story is he created Anakin by causing a large shift in the dark side that the light side had to create life, i.e. Anakin. Anakin was supposed to be the host for Plagueis' spirit.

After Plagueis bites the dust, he realizes since he no longer has a physical body, the person has to be entirely enveloped by the Dark Side. He could never get Anakin to fully commit as Luke sensed and Sidious found out, Anakin still had a spark of light.

So Plagueis' next play is not Luke, who has gone to the light, but Ben Solo who was still young and impressionable.

Kylo Ren is to be the host and return of Darth Plagueis.

So at the end of the third movie, Kylo will pick himself up and toss himself down a large shaft to his death.

Darth Plagueis fears Luke. Luke is probably the only force user that can stand in the way of Plagueis. Which is why the First Order is hunting him so desperately rather than just waging war against the Republic.

That is until Plagueis/Snoke feels the force awakening in Rey.

There is ultimately going to be a show down of Light versus Dark by episode 9.

Edited by GeoLager

I think they're gonna avoid the whole clone nonsense entirely because it's pretty goofy.

They're hunting Luke because they don't want him training new Jedi, they already stopped him from doing this, they want to make sure he doesn't get started again.

There's just far too much explanation needed for that plot to pick up any steam at all, welcome to prequels all over again, it would be hideous. They're definitely going with K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) and thank god for it.

Edited by SaibotLiu

I think they're gonna avoid the whole clone nonsense entirely because it's pretty goofy.

They're hunting Luke because they don't want him training new Jedi, they already stopped him from doing this, they want to make sure he doesn't get started again.

There's just far too much explanation needed for that plot to pick up any steam at all, welcome to prequels all over again, it would be hideous. They're definitely going with K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) and thank god for it.

If you read back to some of the things from Lucas after RotJ, the big bad guy in the final trilogy is supposed to be the brains behind the whole thing and the one who was supposed to shape Vader's fate.

This theory fits snuggly into that.

If you read back to some of the things from Lucas after RotJ, the big bad guy in the final trilogy is supposed to be the brains behind the whole thing and the one who was supposed to shape Vader's fate.

This theory fits snuggly into that.

yeah except Lucas had very VERY little to do with this

I have faith in Rian Johnson at the helm for the next movie.

I am more nervous about episode IX and Colin Trevorrow. I feel like they gave him the reins simply because Jurassic World raked in cash... which it did, but that doesn't make it a good movie. But he can prove everyone wrong, and he's not writing the screenplay.

yeah except Lucas had very VERY little to do with this
That we know of ;)
oh that's low.

I read an article saying Lucas didn't like the film but "fans would love it."

I share the sentiment, I expected TFA to be heavier more spiritual and was slightly disappointed by TFA. I think in the grand scheme of the new trilogy, TFA is a carbon copy of A New Hope, introducing all the players but leaving Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi to tell all the heavy stories and carry the weight of the new trilogy.

Edited by Falensawino

oh that's low.

I share the sentiment, I expected TFA to be heavier more spiritual and was slightly disappointed by TFA. I think in the grand scheme of the new trilogy, TFA is a carbon copy of A New Hope, introducing all the players but leaving Empire Strikes Back and Return of The Jedi to tell all the heavy stories and carry the weight of the new trilogy.

Lucas said he enjoyed it. and honestly TFA was what I expected. they played it safe and kept to the well loved tropes. doing something differnt, focused on "weighter matters" is argueably what hurt the prequals

oh that's low.

the new story in my mind sucked no mention of Mara jade sky walker, no mention the fact that han had three kids

the new dark jedi was jaden solo not ben... ben skywalker is luke's son by mara jade and jaden killed mara

in the expanded universe to which Disney failed to listen to... so with this in mind I have decided not to see this farce of a movie for a fan of the old movies I hear this one is doing kk I wish them well but not interested killing off han was a stupid thing to do.. ever sense the return of the jedi I have enjoyed the books from the series and this story fails

the new story in my mind sucked no mention of Mara jade sky walker, no mention the fact that han had three kids

the new dark jedi was jaden solo not ben... ben skywalker is luke's son by mara jade and jaden killed mara

in the expanded universe to which Disney failed to listen to... so with this in mind I have decided not to see this farce of a movie for a fan of the old movies I hear this one is doing kk I wish them well but not interested killing off han was a stupid thing to do.. ever sense the return of the jedi I have enjoyed the books from the series and this story fails

Killing off Han was great, since they decided to keep the original actors and not recast them as younger and start sooner after RotJ.

Harrison is 73 years old. He can't continue to play Han forever, and it would seem they don't think fans can handle the characters being recast. Obviously they didn't think fans could handle Chewie being dead :p