Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Fortress is causing dcs?

fire-breath
05.18.2014 , 01:48 PM | #1
It might be a coincidence be lately the groups I have been in for DF HM and NiM had many times a dc.
Last week Tuesday (the 13th) we had at least 4 or 5 people dc'ing with at times 2 at about exactly the same time. It wasn't an internet connection issue since our teamspeak didn't died.

This Sunday we went into DF NiM and had many dcs again so I recorded how many times we had a dc. Please note this was in the 19:40 CEST till 20:40 CEST timeframe.
Vanguard tank - disconnected 3 times
Sage healer - disconnected 2 times
Sentinel dps - disconnected 2 times
Macewindy - disconnected 1 time

Since we had that many disconnects we had to call the ops and decided to run EC NiM for the stay alive achievement (our tanks had terrible luck with Kephess :P). During that ops NONE had a disconnect.

Is it just me and/or my teams having bad luck or is this an occurring thing for other teams too lately? Its severely impacting the ops since it happens mid fight too.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Srh - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer

AAAAzrael
05.19.2014 , 04:47 AM | #2
We had multiple disconnects and game client crashes in DF NiM too. Not happened in other ops, but I have been mostly doing DF NiM lately.
Ingalaarn Conqueror of the Dread Fortress / Ji'kiley The Eternal Warrior
Joshased From Beyond / Dread Slayer Xartanol
Manticore @ The Red Eclipse

invertioN
05.19.2014 , 06:06 AM | #3
Played most days with nothing out of the ordinary happening to me, but I noticed a few dc's from teammates.
Adixia, Red Eclipse EU

bluecheesebandit
05.19.2014 , 08:03 AM | #4
We had a ton of problems last night in DF NiM as well, but I think was just bad luck. I like the idea of blaming bioware, though.
Yovakka - Sniper Yekkaal - Sorcerer Lanaisha - Powertech
Begeren Colony <Dark Hunters> Want to pug HM ops? Click here

AlrikFassbauer
05.19.2014 , 08:38 AM | #5
On VC I had lots of connection problems Saturday ? Sunday ? late evening. While I visited Alderaan.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

fire-breath
05.19.2014 , 08:46 AM | #6
I'm just wondering if it could be instance related.
That it's game related is very likely imho. How else can you account for multiple disconnections at exactly the same time (with maybe 1 or 2 seconds in between)?
Other programs were still working and internet on the affected players wasn't affected at all (no teamspeak droppings). If it happened less than 8 times in 1 hour I would agree but in this case I hope its DF / DP related since that means a chance on better performance.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Macewindy - Sab Slinger Srh - Shadow Tank
TRE PvP toon
Ishmaldo - Sage healer