Swoop bike speed for normal speeders?

Darittha

Its been years and years since we got that measly increase of speed up to 120% and 130%, can we now get proper upgrade? Swoop bikes that come with currently running event actually have proper speed which i hoped and expected this game to have back in the day(imagine my disappointment when i found out brisk walk would be faster than 90% speeder back then.).

Can we finally get proper speeder speed upgrade?

The "base" speed that we move at is "run with Sprint off", and my best guess is that it's about 7.5 m/s (27 km/h, or 17 mph) so that when you go to +35% by activating Sprint, you're moving at (about) 10 m/s (top tier 100 metre sprint-race pace on Earth), which is 36 km/h // 22.5 mph.

Piloting Skill level 1 is 7.5 m/s plus 90% which turns out to be 14.25 m/s = 51 km/h = 32 mph.

Piloting Skill level 5 is 7.5 m/s plus 130% which turns out to be 17.25 m/s = 62 km/h = 39 mph.

For comparison, the Roller Beetle mount in GW2 has a peak speed of a hair over 130 mph, probably *exactly* 60 m/s, which is +700% in SWTOR mount-speed terms. The Beks races would be basically impossible at that speed. (Half a second from "oh, it's in range" to "[REDACTED] me, it's behind me now...)

Anyway, yes and no. If they made speeders go faster, they'd have to make the race speeders faster to keep them being faster than regular speeders, and they are already on the edge of being too fast in some spots.

If they made speeders go faster, they'd have to make the race speeders faster to keep them being faster than regular speeders, and they are already on the edge of being too fast in some spots.

Why would they HAVE to do that? We can buy the same speeders used in races from the rep vendors, so the line between speeders and swoops is already blurry. Should those be faster, or regular speeder speed?

I see no reason to increase mount speed. The QoL increase would far outweigh the slight break in immersion/logic.

Why would they HAVE to do that? We can buy the same speeders used in races from the rep vendors, so the line between speeders and swoops is already blurry. Should those be faster, or regular speeder speed?

There were complaints that these ostensible racing vehicles didn't feel faster than the regular stuff we use. (Think: who'd watch Indycar or Formula 1 or whatever if the cars were limited to the same speeds that ordinary road cars can manage?) Consequence: if they increase the speed of regular speeders without increasing the racers *again*, the complaints would come back.

As for the second question, yeah, that's a fair point.