Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Anyone try the veteran ranger set yet? (Shoulder missile set)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Anyone try the veteran ranger set yet? (Shoulder missile set)

Fellow-Canadian's Avatar


Fellow-Canadian
12.24.2019 , 07:57 PM | #1
The set for anyone curious:

Set Bonus:
(2) +2% Mastery
(4) Ion Wave makes all targets Vulnerable to Shoulder Cannon for 5 seconds. While Shoulder Cannon loads missiles you restore 2 heat per second.
(6) Each Shoulder Cannon rocket has a 75% chance to trigger an additional rocket.

What I am wondering is if shoulder cannon rocket procs can further proc off themselves. For example, if you only fire one missile could the set bonus daisy chain a bunch more automatically or is it the one missile you fire only has a one time 75% chance to proc? The former would actually be really good while the latter would make the set trash.

I don't want to invest all the effort into the set just to find out it's garbage.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
12.25.2019 , 02:24 PM | #2
I would like to know what "vulnerable to shoulder cannon" even means.
I also had my eye in this set as it should synergize well with the utility that heals you for each rocket.

Fellow-Canadian's Avatar


Fellow-Canadian
12.26.2019 , 03:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
I would like to know what "vulnerable to shoulder cannon" even means.
I also had my eye in this set as it should synergize well with the utility that heals you for each rocket.
I can only guess how the set works and I've never seen anyone use it. The synergy between tactics/ap getting extra rockets and the two supporting utilities could make the set an interesting choice. That's IF rockets can daisy chain and the utilities affect rocket procs.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

DrRepulsor's Avatar


DrRepulsor
12.27.2019 , 05:42 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
The set for anyone curious:

Set Bonus:
(2) +2% Mastery
(4) Ion Wave makes all targets Vulnerable to Shoulder Cannon for 5 seconds. While Shoulder Cannon loads missiles you restore 2 heat per second.
(6) Each Shoulder Cannon rocket has a 75% chance to trigger an additional rocket.

What I am wondering is if shoulder cannon rocket procs can further proc off themselves. For example, if you only fire one missile could the set bonus daisy chain a bunch more automatically or is it the one missile you fire only has a one time 75% chance to proc? The former would actually be really good while the latter would make the set trash.

I don't want to invest all the effort into the set just to find out it's garbage.
I have 4 set bonus piece now i checked its about 20% dmg to shoulder cannon increase during debuff on target.
Sucks debuff last 6 sec but cd on ion wave or searing wave is 18 sec.
when it comes to 6 set bonus piece I'm not sure yet but I do not think they proc of each other. That will be OP cus since its 75%; it can be endless shoulder canon, if u think that way.
However since its 7 shoulder cannons for AP. I'm thinking its 14 rockets max u can be unleashed.
A little theory crafting Ideal situation.... I know what u gonna say... there is not ideal situation. Anyway with relics proc and debuff on target from 4 set bonus rocket can crit up to 10k on average. In pvp if u speced in shoulder cannon heals u it can heal up to 42% of your max health. Which is not bad at all.
I'll post you right here once i get last 2 pieces. I hope I was a bit helpful...
None of ur damn business !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMAsVvHZlQ

BonnerFett's Avatar


BonnerFett
12.27.2019 , 09:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DrRepulsor View Post
I have 4 set bonus piece now i checked its about 20% dmg to shoulder cannon increase during debuff on target.
Sucks debuff last 6 sec but cd on ion wave or searing wave is 18 sec.
when it comes to 6 set bonus piece I'm not sure yet but I do not think they proc of each other. That will be OP cus since its 75%; it can be endless shoulder canon, if u think that way.
However since its 7 shoulder cannons for AP. I'm thinking its 14 rockets max u can be unleashed.
A little theory crafting Ideal situation.... I know what u gonna say... there is not ideal situation. Anyway with relics proc and debuff on target from 4 set bonus rocket can crit up to 10k on average. In pvp if u speced in shoulder cannon heals u it can heal up to 42% of your max health. Which is not bad at all.
I'll post you right here once i get last 2 pieces. I hope I was a bit helpful...
This sounds interesting...

As an AP PT. I'd go with the Powerlode Tactical and this set. The big heals from Shoulder Canon utility could be the defensive we need to stay alive in PVP.

Fellow-Canadian's Avatar


Fellow-Canadian
12.27.2019 , 09:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DrRepulsor View Post
I have 4 set bonus piece now i checked its about 20% dmg to shoulder cannon increase during debuff on target.
Sucks debuff last 6 sec but cd on ion wave or searing wave is 18 sec.
when it comes to 6 set bonus piece I'm not sure yet but I do not think they proc of each other. That will be OP cus since its 75%; it can be endless shoulder canon, if u think that way.
However since its 7 shoulder cannons for AP. I'm thinking its 14 rockets max u can be unleashed.
A little theory crafting Ideal situation.... I know what u gonna say... there is not ideal situation. Anyway with relics proc and debuff on target from 4 set bonus rocket can crit up to 10k on average. In pvp if u speced in shoulder cannon heals u it can heal up to 42% of your max health. Which is not bad at all.
I'll post you right here once i get last 2 pieces. I hope I was a bit helpful...
Thanks for replying. The 4pc bonus debuff sounds terrible. Shoulder cannon has a 1.5min cooldown and you need to deal your damage within the 5 seconds the debuff is up. You couldn't fire all your rockets in that window. You'd have to wait until you could ion wave again to fire the rest.

Meteor brawler completely overshadows the set with it's 4pc bonus of 10% damage for 15sec every 30 sec.

Would be interested to find out if rockets daisy chain and/or if rockets turn into an AOE once multiple targets get debuffed by ion wave. It would seem dumb to spread the debuff with ion wave but still keep rockets as single target only.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
12.28.2019 , 06:44 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
Thanks for replying. The 4pc bonus debuff sounds terrible. Shoulder cannon has a 1.5min cooldown and you need to deal your damage within the 5 seconds the debuff is up. You couldn't fire all your rockets in that window. You'd have to wait until you could ion wave again to fire the rest.

Meteor brawler completely overshadows the set with it's 4pc bonus of 10% damage for 15sec every 30 sec.

Would be interested to find out if rockets daisy chain and/or if rockets turn into an AOE once multiple targets get debuffed by ion wave. It would seem dumb to spread the debuff with ion wave but still keep rockets as single target only.
Yeah, i was hoping it would fire one at each debuffed target. I guess it will depend on the procs of procs. May be they all get fired at once.

Melon_Lord's Avatar


Melon_Lord
01.06.2020 , 06:29 AM | #8
I completely forgot this set was a thing, I've run Dxun a few times and haven't seen anything drop for it. As others have said you need to ion/searing wave to make vulnerable for 5s which is enough time to launch 3 maybe 4 missiles? So is this a Pyro set since they use the wave regularly and only have 4 missiles? Or is this AP set because they have more missiles? Though they can't possibly fire all their missiles in time for the vulnerability and don't use searing wave, like ever, even in aoe. So you'd have to wait for the next searing wave to fire your last 3 missiles which delays the CD of shoulder cannon.

This set sounds like an extremely poor choice for Pyro compared to Meteor Brawler, and even worse for AP, for PVE or PVP.

Personally first thought is I'd drop the move required for the vulnerability and just make the rockets do whatever the vulnerability % is more damage. Then add another line to 6set for for some move (*rocket* punch) to fire a rocket (with % of extra) and reduce the cd of shoulder cannon by a good amount, probably 5s. I'd just make the extra rocket chance 100% too unless it can daisy chain, then leave it at 75%.

And with those changes I might still use Meteor Brawler but I think it'd be a lot closer of an choice
The Bastion - Baroness Stryvah

DrRepulsor's Avatar


DrRepulsor
01.07.2020 , 05:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
Thanks for replying. The 4pc bonus debuff sounds terrible. Shoulder cannon has a 1.5min cooldown and you need to deal your damage within the 5 seconds the debuff is up. You couldn't fire all your rockets in that window. You'd have to wait until you could ion wave again to fire the rest.

Meteor brawler completely overshadows the set with it's 4pc bonus of 10% damage for 15sec every 30 sec.

Would be interested to find out if rockets daisy chain and/or if rockets turn into an AOE once multiple targets get debuffed by ion wave. It would seem dumb to spread the debuff with ion wave but still keep rockets as single target only.
UPDATE. I have one last piece to get... I'll try update you guys as soon as I get last piece. Sorry do not play as often.
None of ur damn business !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMAsVvHZlQ

DroidDreamer's Avatar


DroidDreamer
01.08.2020 , 12:49 AM | #10
Does the bonus missile also proc the heal utility? Or is that capped?
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.