"Mounting Darkness" talent not working?

Infighter

Hello everyone, I just got to 40 and specced into Wither to try it out and I was wondering if anyone else noticed how Mounting Darkness seems to not increase its damage like it should?

My Wither deals around 490-550 damage against a level 40 weak mob. The tooltip when specced into MD says "600-700", while when not specced into MD says 460-540... is this a known bug? Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks.

Hello everyone, I just got to 40 and specced into Wither to try it out and I was wondering if anyone else noticed how Mounting Darkness seems to not increase its damage like it should?

My Wither deals around 490-550 damage against a level 40 weak mob. The tooltip when specced into MD says "600-700", while when not specced into MD says 460-540... is this a known bug? Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks.

The tooltip damage assumes the enemy has no armor. There is no such thing as an enemy without armor, so you'll get considerably less damage than what the tooltip claims. Still, it's useful as a point of reference, as something with a tooltip that clalims to do 2000 damage is generally twice as good as something that claims to do 1000 damage.