Is Khem Val Really Going To Be Romanceable? (5.10 Livestream)

Antonfourteen

Kinda self explanatory title. I heard in the 5.10 livestream that Khem Val will be romanceable in Jedi Under Siege. Are they joking though? What do you think?

I mean I'm not really complaining since I really didn't like the Ashara romance with my Sith Inquisitor because my Inquisitor is a full-on darksider and I couldn't stand her Jedi preaching when she was meant to be my Sith Apprentice. Her romance felt geared towards a lightside Inquisitor.

My darkside Inqusitor would dump Ashara for his loyal bloodthirsty Dashade any day :D

Kinda self explanatory title. I heard in the 5.10 livestream that Khem Val will be romanceable in Jedi Under Siege. Are they joking though? What do you think?

I mean I'm not really complaining since I really didn't like the Ashara romance with my Sith Inquisitor because my Inquisitor is a full-on darksider and I couldn't stand her Jedi preaching when she was meant to be my Sith Apprentice. Her romance felt geared towards a lightside Inquisitor.

My darkside Inqusitor would dump Ashara for his loyal bloodthirsty Dashade any day :D

Romanceable maybe(i hope its true). romanceable by your male inquisitor no at least not in jedi under siege, they specified only 3 would be same sex romanceable and doc and khem arent in the 3. was sort of weird to be mentioned off the top by keith but then not addressed in the companion section by eric.

Edited by levitacus
forgot

The real question is, can you romance Khem Val and Darth Zash at the same time if they share the same body?

khem will only return if you sided with him, therefore a choice must be made by that point(ossus will choose for you if it wasnt done) so if zash is around you can only have the new discounted dashade who by his own admission fails in comparison.

Edited by levitacus
double and

The real question is, can you romance Khem Val and Darth Zash at the same time if they share the same body?

No. If you choose to keep Zash, that entity is killed in Nathema. They said explicitly in the livestream that you will only get Khem Val back if you choose him over Zash.

I highly doubt it, but if so, he still wouldn't be for males or they would have specified that when talking about the same gender options.

True but they only specified Nadia and Jaesa SGR because they were only romanceable by males in the base story. Every other romance add-on has been playersexual so far.

you misheard what they were saying. LS Jaesa will be romancable from Ossus onward, not Khem. Khem will return to those who supported him over Zash with that Rakata mind prison on Taris.

you misheard what they were saying. LS Jaesa will be romancable from Ossus onward, not Khem. Khem will return to those who supported him over Zash with that Rakata mind prison on Taris.

I most certainly didn't mishear what they said. On the Livestream, Keith was asked by someone in the Twitch chat if Khem Val would be romanceable on Ossus and Keith said yes.

You can even see it here:

(It's approximately 10:10 into the video). Edited by Antonfourteen

I most certainly didn't mishear what they said. On the Livestream, Keith was asked by someone in the Twitch chat if Khem Val would be romanceable on Ossus and Keith said yes.

You can even see it here:

(It's approximately 10:10 into the video).

Huh, well my bad.

Keith got it spot on and my thinking is the same, "i'm not sure why you'd want to...".

Hopefully he talks about things other than Yn and Chabosh and how he consumed life in the Dromund System during his original lifetime before being flung into that prison.

I'd certainly be up for it. He's a sentient being just like the other aliens. Just because he has lots of teeth rather than easily smoochable lips doesn't mean he doesn't deserve some love. ;) Besides, if anyone is up for the task of figuring out the mechanics of it all, it's certainly the Inquisitor. :p

Perhaps a little far removed from the level of humanoid we've expected from romanceable companions but he is a sentient being who has some semblance of personal agency, and therefor has the capability to entertain a romantic relationship- if not a somewhat twisted one.

In fact if this is true, I'd take it as a good sign- this means they're willing to expand the horizons of what models are or are not acceptable for romance, which could mean there's a future in less human player races. Or at the very least, more romanceable aliens.

Anyway, it might seem odd but I really wouldn't say it's out of the ballpark- we've certainly seen odder couples..

Edited by SourOrange

Perhaps a little far removed from the level of humanoid we've expected from romanceable companions but he is a sentient being who has some semblance of personal agency, and therefor has the capability to entertain a romantic relationship- if not a somewhat twisted one.

It might seem odd but I really wouldn't say it's out of the ballpark- we've certainly seen odder couples..

Oh by the Emperor don't even remind me abou that one...