Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

My lady JK wears the same top and boots but dyed in dark grey / medium grey or something like that xD

Well not to be mean or anything but i like the french voice acting better, it often feels more natural and less forced, i feel the same about english dubbed animes.

Awesome, twinsies XD he also wears the "wicked huntress" headpiece which is that gold circlet with three blue gems but it takes it off for some cutscenes boo :( and I don't think you're being mean. It does me no good of course since I don't speak French but it's not mean to think one set of VA did a better job.

Awesome, twinsies XD he also wears the "wicked huntress" headpiece which is that gold circlet with three blue gems but it takes it off for some cutscenes boo :( and I don't think you're being mean. It does me no good of course since I don't speak French but it's not mean to think one set of VA did a better job.

Yup, she wears the Shikaakwan torso, arms and belt pieces (though i think i'll change to the Noble Councillor belt when i'll have the set) and the Satele Shan pants and boots, and no headpiece.

I just wish i could turn the golden parts into a silver colour.

Ah the disappearing headpiece is annoying, my fem JC turns bald whenever she has a cutscene on her ship because her headpice that cover her awfull hood just vanish.

Well i don't think the english speaking VAs do a bad job, it's just that i think they feel more natural while live acting than when voice acting.

The voice acting on this game is pretty good, way better than some animes that are so over acted that they're nearly unwatchable and i'd rather watch them in a non subbed japanese version than in a dubbed english version (well to be fair, some animes have very bad french voicing too, some like Gundam Wing even have like 5 different VA of each gender dubbing like 20 characters each) i just like the french version better.

There are parts of the french version i don't really like though, like on the last [flirt] option on Rishi with Theron (the one you can't avoid to get the romance with him on Yavin), my JK sounds like she's trying to seduce him way too hard (wich really doesn't fit her character at all), while the equivalent option with Lana is very neutral, as if she just wants to talk about mundain things and doesn't really care. (maybe the VA has a crush on Theron)

Edited by Goreshaga

Yup, she wears the Shikaakwan torso, arms and belt pieces (though i think i'll change to the Noble Councillor belt when i'll have the set) and the Satele Shan pants and boots, and no headpiece.

I just wish i could turn the golden parts into a silver colour.

Ah the disappearing headpiece is annoying, my fem JC turns bald whenever she has a cutscene on her ship because her headpice that cover her awfull hood just vanish.

Well i don't think the english speaking VAs do a bad job, it's just that i think they feel more natural while live acting than when voice acting.

The voice acting on this game is pretty good, way better than some animes that are so over acted that they're nearly unwatchable and i'd rather watch them in a non subbed japanese version than in a dubbed english version (well to be fair, some animes have very bad french voicing too, some like Gundam Wing even have like 5 different VA of each gender dubbing like 20 characters each) i just like the french version better.

There are parts of the french version i don't really like though, like on the last [flirt] option on Rishi with Theron (the one you can't avoid to get the romance with him on Yavin), my JK sounds like she's trying to seduce him way too hard (wich really doesn't fit her character at all), while the equivalent option with Lana is very neutral, as if she just wants to talk about mundain things and doesn't really care. (maybe the VA has a crush on Theron)

Oh man, that's why I HATE hoods in this game even though they could look so cool if they didn't make your character freaking bald T_T the only characters I wear hooded stuff with are Twi'leks and Togrutas because the hood permanently disappears on them. Stupid Vaylin gets to have a hood with long flowing hair but not us :( all of my characters wear either a headband, a scouter or other eye/earpiece that covers only a small part of the face, or nothing at all. I wanna look at my character's pretty faces damnit lol

Oh man, that's why I HATE hoods in this game even though they could look so cool if they didn't make your character freaking bald T_T the only characters I wear hooded stuff with are Twi'leks and Togrutas because the hood permanently disappears on them. Stupid Vaylin gets to have a hood with long flowing hair but not us :( all of my characters wear either a headband, a scouter or other eye/earpiece that covers only a small part of the face, or nothing at all. I wanna look at my character's pretty faces damnit lol

Same here, i like looking at my characters faces, especially since i spend quite a long time creating them in the first place.

So, I was thinking about how my dark side-corrupted, anger-fueled and driven-by-vengeance SW feels now that all her nemeses are vanquished and the dust has settled down. She's only just beginning to realise how empty life is without a certain tyrant and how she really felt about him, although she would never admit to it. She can't help what goes on in her dreams though, and I felt compelled to express that in a silly music video (my very first attempt at making a video fan tribute!). Here you go, Hive, I hope you like it!

Spoiler warning: Obviously, the video in the link below contains spoilerific content from the chapters and Arcann's romance

:eek:

I am rocking between hysterical laughter (Emotes :D) and sad, so confused :p Tis a good vid, the amount of work that must have gone into it makes my head spin :).

Thanks! :) Currently working on a more serious video tribute for Arcann. It's pretty time consuming, but a fun way to spend the time in between game updates, especially since I can't seem to write fanfiction.

Life is Strange is amazing! I think it's a great examples of how powerful storytelling can be in games.

So, are you guys excited about the new roadmap? Do you think our redeemed tyrant will get some love? I saw a few people asking to marry him in the livestream comments. I want that too, eventually, but I'm hoping for a few more talks first so the relationship will feel more developed.

Please share with us -affects **** in Boots big eyed stare-

And mixed feelings, the Alliance and characters introduced in the eternal empire updates are where the majority of my investment is. I'm not sure how any of that will feature in the return to Imp/Rep storyline :(. Still I love Star Wars and Bioware, I'm hopeful there will be something to love. Sooooo just a wait and see game I guess?

Not really actually... :(

I hope there will be someday, but i'd like for the relationship to have more time before that, i think it's too soon right now, but that'd be better than nothing.

I hope for other LIs to have some spotlight too.

I'm not really that bothered about marriage in general, but if it were to be added it wouldn't bother me. Would like some more development just in the relationship first though, feels like they just started dating/courting etc.

I hope there's companion and/or LI development in general to :)

You might as well let him be a dictator again for the plot we're about to nose dive into. He'll probably be more useful as his old evil self than whatever he is now.

I like what he is now :o liked what he was before to. Nothings changed, He's still him, just emotional break recovery him.

Nice, looking forward to watching it, then. ;)

Not sure we will get anything... But I'd rather have more talks as well before getting any proposal from him. I liked the talk in the Nathema Conspiracy storyline. I'd rather have a few more like that one, but with less "I am nothing without you" (it's cute, but does not fit to the character as I like to see him) and more "I'll always fight by your side, whatever happens".

Seconded ^

I didn't get `I am nothing without you` from that, I got `Things are just looking up for the first time in a long time...please come back` or `Don't go where I can't follow` etc. He's individual person focused like me (my interpretation), the world won't end if my people go, I won't drop dead of grief...but that might feel like the better option...

Did anyone else find his line delivery for the romance specific dialogue in The Nathema Conspiracy to be...cringy? I feel bad for saying this and I like how he delivered his generic dialogue about giving Theron another chance but he sounded so fake and like he was reading off a paper or something. :o

Anyway, with whatever new story that comes up I wish they would start doing romance specific emails again at least. I mean that can't possibly take up that much time or resources to code in right? (It certainly wouldn't take that much time to write)

No I didn't get that, -scratches head- Just sounded like -awkward- feelings to me :D I'm not good at verbalising that kinda stuff either though, but am also reckless + emotional so end up attempting it more often than I'd like :D My family are used to awkward heartfelt comments/confessions by now :rolleyes:

Thanks to a comment I can't remember now, I now refer to Arcann (affectionately) as `My Grouchy Thesaurus` in my head -flushes- :p

love his syntax >>

I was talking about the line delivery(which is the same for both) rather than the animations. The male-male animations are awkward and crappy with all gay couples in every kissing scene while the male-female animations are sweet and awesome and definitely had care put in. Pretty sure the gay romance was an afterthought but I'll take what I can get at this point. :( better than the 50 levels of zilch from the main story T_T

-Blushes- Guess I'm in the minority then, I was so relieved about the male animations, the female ones aren't bad but they really don't work for me or my character. The male ones had more of a push pull, partner in crime vibe for me and that was perfect.

Yes.

In my opinion it totally fits with the beginning of the romance. There has been a passionate kiss, but otherwise Arcann is a bit shy and does not really know how to handle a relationship. I strongly believe that he is a passionate character, but he still remains cautious with a situation he is not comfortable with. And I believe that the line delivery coupled with the scene (female one) delivers just that, a man deeply in love but not really comfortable with it.

From his letter, I'd say that yes, he is already strongly in love. I interpret the beginning of the romance as a scene that he has carefully prepared, including that he has first made sure he understood his feelings. So he would already be further into the feelings development than a standard LI would probably be. But that partly headcanon

of course...

I see Arcann as well as someone who has been so staved of love and understanding that he would definitely dive deep into a relationship immediately, in terms of strength of feelings, while feeling a bit overwhelmed and unsure because it is not something he can simply master and control rationally. Which ends up in this passionate careful man.

As per the time that has passed, no clue, but I'd say at least a few days of relationship if not weeks. I do not really care as long as it seems logical to be (i'd go for a couple of weeks, and yes... I defeintely think that they already went through the bed part, who cares if there was no "fade to black" effect in game...).

I'd second most of this ^ :)

I see him as naturally passionate and reckless (when risk is concerned, risk is nothing compared to his focus/drive for this thing right now). Life experience has taught him to be cautious but when it comes to things he cares about that natural reckless streak rears it's head <3 Has this careful plan to thank you and give you the armour (without cluing you into his feelings) , but the moment it looks like there's a chance that you return them that goes out the window :D consequences? what are those :p

I guess the thing to remember is that the relationship didn't start with the romantic aspect, It started on that flagship when he took you to Valky. It's gone through a lot of iterations since then XD

I agree that it would be weird if he gave a really bold, passionate speech but that's not what I meant. To me he sounds like he's reading off a paper. I would expect him to sound hesitant or embarrassed or insecure or something but he might as well be reading an ingredient label. It's weird because I think he does a great job most of the time.

Sounding like your reading off paper is how you sound when your nervous/ on unfamiliar territory (in my experience) :) which fits with how he's presented so far (on relationship stuff). Guess it just fits with my personal experience :o.

For me, a really passionate delivery would actually have seemed out of character. I agree very much with what Iheaca said before; I don't think Arcann would be comfortable (yet) with openly expressing his feelings, so he's sort of choking on it. He writes in the Nathema letter that he tried to conceal his feelings for you at first, so I think you have to assume/headcanon that he has been with you for awhile after you defeated Valkorion and slowly falling for you during that time, before the first romance talk. So, while their relationship is very new, it's believable to me that he could be very much in love at that point. Given the history between them, I also don't think it's out of place to feel very strongly about each other, even at such an early point in the relationship. They've already been through some pretty intense emotions regarding each other, which can't really be compared to most other relationships (Arcann says he hated you once and depending on your character, she/he might have felt the same).

I do agree that it's a shame the whole thing is so rushed. It would have obviously been far better if we'd had more talks in between, so you wouldn't need to pretend that all this time has passed between the talks. I'm still just happy that we got to romance him at all, though. I'll happily take whatever we might get in the future, even if that requires some headcanon, too.

THIS ^

So much this <3

To me the line "I don't know what I'd do without you, promise you'll come back to me" sounded very emotionless even though that's a passionate line and yeah I wouldn't expect him to have that kind of line since like you said they only just started dating. As far as we know they might not have had any interactions since they basically told each other they had a crush and shared one kiss like how much time has passed? Is it the same day? Have they been fooling around behind our backs during some unknown time lapse? It's not like Theron, Lana, or the class LI's who have known the PC for years.

Thats applying normal/our/traditional relationship standards to someone who's relationships have been anything but. his experience has been very different to ours, not surprising that he acts/responds differently (forgetting the fact that even people with similar experiences are likely to differ in their responses - our current discussion case in point :)).

-Gasps- Few, ^^' all caught up XD

:eek:

I am rocking between hysterical laughter (Emotes :D) and sad, so confused :p Tis a good vid, the amount of work that must have gone into it makes my head spin :).

Please share with us -affects **** in Boots big eyed stare-

And mixed feelings, the Alliance and characters introduced in the eternal empire updates are where the majority of my investment is. I'm not sure how any of that will feature in the return to Imp/Rep storyline :(. Still I love Star Wars and Bioware, I'm hopeful there will be something to love. Sooooo just a wait and see game I guess?

Thanks!! I'm super happy about your reaction since that was exactly what I was going for :D

I feel the same way about the Eternal Empire storyline, but I'm hopeful about the new content. Honestly, my expectations have been so low for so long that just having new areas to run around in will make me pretty happy, but I dare to hope for at least a letter or two from Arcann and perhaps a new customization. I've seen quite a few people ask for that (I'd rather have some dialogue than cosmetics myself, but I'll take anything Arcann-related!). Of course, I also hope that the other companions and LIs get some attention. I'm only really emotionally invested in a few companions myself, but I want everyone to be happy.

My new and much more serious video project is now done (sorta - had some problems with muffled sound, but decided to just leave it since I'm not sure how to improve it right now). I was inspired by a song called "My Turn to Evil", so this one is a Dark Arcann tribute. I had to do some replaying with a boosted clone, since I needed spoken lines from choices my characters would never normally make, such as kneeling to Valky and picking some quite cruel dialogue options when killing Arcann. While I don't enjoy playing a char who makes those choices, some of the scenes and dialogue they trigger just break my heart (in a good way - I'm a masochist, I guess :o). I will never grasp how some people can think that KotFE and KotET's writing is poor. I think it's gold. I only wish the devs had followed the original plan for an even more fleshed-out story.

Anyway, here's a link to the video for those who might be interested :)

I think I'll do a sappy, happy one next for my JK and Arcann...

I see him as naturally passionate and reckless (when risk is concerned, risk is nothing compared to his focus/drive for this thing right now). Life experience has taught him to be cautious but when it comes to things he cares about that natural reckless streak rears it's head <3 Has this careful plan to thank you and give you the armour (without cluing you into his feelings) , but the moment it looks like there's a chance that you return them that goes out the window :D consequences? what are those :p

Love this interpretation! And I agree wholeheartedly :)

-Blushes- Guess I'm in the minority then, I was so relieved about the male animations, the female ones aren't bad but they really don't work for me or my character. The male ones had more of a push pull, partner in crime vibe for me and that was perfect.

I'm glad you like them, and I'm definitely glad to have something but it's clear they didn't put as much time or care into them as the female ones. Like with the female ones they clearly took into account the potential character heights and crafted complete and more realistic animations. With the male animation, it pulls really close on the face so you can't see that one character is floating in the air or with their knees awkwardly crunched down (as we can see with male BT3 and Theron hugging scene on Yavin) or with Arcann, with the female version it's a complete animation where he grabs her by the waist and pulls her in but the male is clipped and awkward. It looked like it was starting to be the same animation but was cut up and zoomed in so you can't see that it doesn't fit together right.

Seconding the OP's post. Just returned to game after a long time and it was a very nice surprise to finally have Arcann and his sexy voice as a LI. I take him everywhere haha. He doesn't sit still in battles at all and I can't wait for more storyline.

Thanks!! I'm super happy about your reaction since that was exactly what I was going for :D

I feel the same way about the Eternal Empire storyline, but I'm hopeful about the new content. Honestly, my expectations have been so low for so long that just having new areas to run around in will make me pretty happy, but I dare to hope for at least a letter or two from Arcann and perhaps a new customization. I've seen quite a few people ask for that (I'd rather have some dialogue than cosmetics myself, but I'll take anything Arcann-related!). Of course, I also hope that the other companions and LIs get some attention. I'm only really emotionally invested in a few companions myself, but I want everyone to be happy.

My new and much more serious video project is now done (sorta - had some problems with muffled sound, but decided to just leave it since I'm not sure how to improve it right now). I was inspired by a song called "My Turn to Evil", so this one is a Dark Arcann tribute. I had to do some replaying with a boosted clone, since I needed spoken lines from choices my characters would never normally make, such as kneeling to Valky and picking some quite cruel dialogue options when killing Arcann. While I don't enjoy playing a char who makes those choices, some of the scenes and dialogue they trigger just break my heart (in a good way - I'm a masochist, I guess :o). I will never grasp how some people can think that KotFE and KotET's writing is poor. I think it's gold. I only wish the devs had followed the original plan for an even more fleshed-out story.

Anyway, here's a link to the video for those who might be interested :)

I think I'll do a sappy, happy one next for my JK and Arcann...

Love this interpretation! And I agree wholeheartedly :)

:o:)

Always reminded why I like coming here, this thread is a good place :):)

Now after reading that description do I dare? ...>>

-dew it, dew it-

I'm glad you like them, and I'm definitely glad to have something but it's clear they didn't put as much time or care into them as the female ones. Like with the female ones they clearly took into account the potential character heights and crafted complete and more realistic animations. With the male animation, it pulls really close on the face so you can't see that one character is floating in the air or with their knees awkwardly crunched down (as we can see with male BT3 and Theron hugging scene on Yavin) or with Arcann, with the female version it's a complete animation where he grabs her by the waist and pulls her in but the male is clipped and awkward. It looked like it was starting to be the same animation but was cut up and zoomed in so you can't see that it doesn't fit together right.

I've only seen it on Type 2 body type, but I see what you mean. I guess I'm happy with something that doesn't show much, so doesn't contradict my chara's mannerisms/personality? overlooking issues animations wise. What I liked best was in the base game (sometimes) and Theron and Lana during alliances and SoR when you could sometimes pick how your character approached the romance/initiation, allowed the dynamic to stay in character (our pc's) and feel more personal.

Seconding the OP's post. Just returned to game after a long time and it was a very nice surprise to finally have Arcann and his sexy voice as a LI. I take him everywhere haha. He doesn't sit still in battles at all and I can't wait for more storyline.

-Waves- Welcome back then :) Glad your enjoying Arcann >;) Plus the game in general :D

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

I've only seen it on Type 2 body type, but I see what you mean. I guess I'm happy with something that doesn't show much, so doesn't contradict my chara's mannerisms/personality? overlooking issues animations wise. What I liked best was in the base game (sometimes) and Theron and Lana during alliances and SoR when you could sometimes pick how your character approached the romance/initiation, allowed the dynamic to stay in character (our pc's) and feel more personal.

Yeah I loved that too, and that they let you do that with some of the vanilla game romances as well. There's a dominant male animation (man pulls woman in by the waist) a dominant female animation (woman pulls man in by the shirt collar) and a gentle animation where they step towards each other and both kiss. You can even get Quinn to use the dominant male animation on a female sith :D I wish they gave us those choices in KotFE and beyond as well but it seems we get fewer and fewer choices in general, especially character defining ones aside from your basic LS/DS. I get you on not wanting your character to be forced into an OOC animation, I hate that kind of thing too. I just want complete male/male animations like the male/female have but with the ability to choose how your character approaches it based on their personality like you said.

Edited by Nefla

Yeah I loved that too, and they let you do that with some of the vanilla game romances as well. There's a dominant male animation (man pulls woman in by the waist) a dominant female animation (woman pulls man in by the shirt collar) and a gentle animation where they step towards each other and both kiss. You can even get Quinn to use the dominant male animation on a female sith :D I wish they gave us those choices in KotFE and beyond as well but it seems we get fewer and fewer choices in general, especially character defining ones aside from your basic LS/DS. I get you on not wanting your character to be forced into an OOC animation, I hate that kind of thing too. I just want complete male/male animations like the male/female have but with the ability to choose how your character approaches it based on their personality like you said.

Need this on a card/placard :D Yeah absolutely, don't need to control everything that happens in game, just want to control our pc's response/how they feel about it (and be able to express that) :)

-You need my character to walk down this corridor? fine but let them be hacked off about it :D-

• 4 weeks later...
No, still going on the same sub. I haven't logged in for about a month though. :eek:

But your referral link sig is gone!! I'm still attached to it despite of not having had some since July(?)

👀

I also continued getting coins every month without sub! Not that I'm complaining

But your referral link sig is gone!! I'm still attached to it despite of not having had some since July(?)

👀

I also continued getting coins every month without sub! Not that I'm complaining

I removed it because I literally had 3 months worth of "Friend did not subscribe. 0 coins granted". Every day for 90 days straight. I'm tired of being Star Wars welfare.

Brings me joy seeing this thread popping up every now and then! I've been away for a while as it was necessary, but I'm glad to people still fangirling/boying!

I hope everyone is doing well!:)

Hi there. Yep, still around. I did not touch the game much during almost 2 months but came back to it now. Levelling and doing veteran flashpoint with friends is nice. 😉 I did not fangirl this much lately, Nyx has not been dusted very often but I came back to writing so Arcann is back in a way. 😊

You had a break? Got too bored?

Hi there. Yep, still around. I did not touch the game much during almost 2 months but came back to it now. Levelling and doing veteran flashpoint with friends is nice. 😉 I did not fangirl this much lately, Nyx has not been dusted very often but I came back to writing so Arcann is back in a way. 😊

You had a break? Got too bored?

Before I unsubbed, I was just on the forums while playing WoW, I unsubbed because the forums were getting kinda petty I guess? But then I saw the new expansion information and it looks pretty cool!

I'll be playing the new content when it gets out for however long it'll entertain me, I guess.:p

I removed it because I literally had 3 months worth of "Friend did not subscribe. 0 coins granted". Every day for 90 days straight. I'm tired of being Star Wars welfare.

Makes sense, sounds rough!!

Edited by Eshvara