Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post Windows 10 Update problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MandFlurry
05.20.2017 , 04:09 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
I noticed I always get a crash when Microsoft Edge is running (even in the background) while SWTOR is starting up. It doesn't matter whether VSync, Gsync, Game Mode or full-screen optimizations are enabled or not. If I close Edge, SWTOR starts up properly. I can then start Edge again and task out to browse the web and there are no issues. It's good to hear that you are updating the game, though. I assume the crash might also have to do with the way W10 1703 changed how D3D9 (which SWTOR uses) works (time for an (optional) engine update to DX12? That could also help with CPU-bound situations). Or maybe it's just the latest version of Edge (and possibly other UWP Apps) causing this.
Gizmo, you old Man, i remember you Master Jedi of SWG Loved your stuff.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/3k4e

Blurch
05.22.2017 , 08:31 AM | #22
I had the same issue but tracked it down to the XBOX app installed in Win 10 last upgrade. I have since uninstalled the app since I don't have an XBOX and had little to no issues. The only time I have problems now is during a windows update. If you don't care about the XBOX app here is a web link that I used to uninstall it. The XBOX app doesn't show up on programs that you can delete and have to go this route.

http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-unins...in-windows-10/

Cruxa
05.23.2017 , 08:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
I noticed I always get a crash when Microsoft Edge is running (even in the background) while SWTOR is starting up.
Thanks a lot to you. I tried to start the game about 20 times during the last minutes and whatever I tried it always crashed before I could even choose a character. I closed Edge and it worked immediately without any issue.

What I noticed, by the way: With Edge open the SWTOR window is not in focus at game launch (so after you hit "play" in the launcher), and the moment you refocus on the window it crashes. After closing Edge the SWTOR window was active again during the initial launch and if you don't alt-tab out of it for the duration of the initial loading it won't crash afterwards.

Tahrie
05.24.2017 , 04:19 AM | #24
I have been getting the C7 error too. this after a fresh update of drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well. I'm frustrated.

OwenBrooks
05.24.2017 , 05:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahrie View Post
I have been getting the C7 error too. this after a fresh update of drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game as well. I'm frustrated.
C7 can be caused by a borked driver install , but just in case have you seen this recent thread at this link

Tahrie
05.24.2017 , 05:50 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
C7 can be caused by a borked driver install , but just in case have you seen this recent thread at this link
Yup, saw that and did the update drivers. Spent some time last night updating, reinstalling, etc and still the same issue. and here I just reupped my sub

OwenBrooks
05.24.2017 , 05:54 AM | #27
Yup, saw that and did the update drivers. Spent some time last night updating, reinstalling, etc and still the same issue. and here I just reupped my sub
That C7 thread is an issue that primarily seemed to affect AMD cards in particular R9 200 series but did see someone with a R7 , that window update seems to be the cause , as those that rolled it back came good again

If cant sort it make a new thread at EA AnswersHQ and post a dxdiag if you can

MandFlurry
05.24.2017 , 05:57 AM | #28
That stuff didn't help me one bit. I have done more reprogramming on different Hard Disk Drives Un-installing then Re-installing this game and other programs than most people will ever do in their Lifetime, and its a waste the the the Swtor Devs must do.

I have also had other Tech that even do Tech stuff for other Companies here at My Computer, not able to fix Swtor's problem.. Of course Microsoft is a problem to to where they don't give a damn who they hurt, and they have the Billions of dollars to prove it. :/

I have a 1080Ti EVGA
Intel: i7 3770K 3.5 gightz
Windows 10, which usually works very good til' now.
16 Gigs of RAM
ASUS Motherboard, and put the BIOS back into Daefault and other Modes.
Got CE on 7/20/11

MandFlurry
05.24.2017 , 06:00 AM | #29
Sorry, Dbl posted.
Got CE on 7/20/11

OwenBrooks
05.24.2017 , 06:08 AM | #30
Quote:
I have a 1080Ti EVGA
Intel: i7 3770K 3.5 gightz
Windows 10, which usually works very good til' now.
16 Gigs of RAM
ASUS Motherboard
What is the weird part is I have Nil crash issue with swtor at all , my settings are in this thread
And what one person finds that stop the crashing can be different to other people
Intel i7 6700K @4.5GHz
32 GB Ram
Asus Maximus VIII Extreme
Asus ROG Strix GTX1080 O8G - Gaming
Windows 10 Creator