Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

crafting help

Allenswordsman
11.22.2020 , 05:18 PM | #1
i'm a new subscriber and i just got the artificer crew class but even through i have all the materials i can't craft anything. through my material gathering crew classes work fine. i tried deleting the class and starting over but it didn't help.

mike_carton
11.22.2020 , 06:14 PM | #2
The trainer for your crafting skill (the one on the Fleet that you learnt it from) will have Schematics (the recipes) for crafting various items. You can purchase them from him/her.

A beginner's guide: https://vulkk.com/2018/06/24/swtor-b...-and-crafting/
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Allenswordsman
11.22.2020 , 07:41 PM | #3
i trying to craft something that i already got the schematic for when getting the crew class so i shouldn't need to buy a schematic

kcirevamnalyd
11.22.2020 , 10:34 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Allenswordsman View Post
i trying to craft something that i already got the schematic for when getting the crew class so i shouldn't need to buy a schematic
I'm guessing here: while the Crafting Panel is open- change the drop down windows (magnifying glass icons -at the top) to "ALL" and "ALL" and "Alphabetical"
I am guessing you show no schematics in the list . I am also assuming that you do indeed have a companion available for crafting. Treek, HK-51 and any story companions will [should] work. To my knowledge the animals and droids that you can buy through the Cartel Market will not craft (if I am incorrect, please let me know)
Spoiler

Refer a Friend http://www.swtor.com/r/qxyjyG
Not All Heroes Use the Force.

SteveTheCynic
11.23.2020 , 06:46 AM | #5
What are you trying to craft? What happens when you try? Tell us something more specific than "it doesn't work".

Oh, and make sure you've gone to a Crew Skill Trade Vendor and bought the necessary "white" material ("white" because its inventory icon has a white frame).
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

SteveTheCynic
11.23.2020 , 06:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by kcirevamnalyd View Post
I'm guessing here: while the Crafting Panel is open- change the drop down windows (magnifying glass icons -at the top) to "ALL" and "ALL" and "Alphabetical"
I am guessing you show no schematics in the list . I am also assuming that you do indeed have a companion available for crafting. Treek, HK-51 and any story companions will [should] work. To my knowledge the animals and droids that you can buy through the Cartel Market will not craft (if I am incorrect, please let me know)
They cannot craft, and they cannot go on crew skill missions either.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
?REDO FROM START

Erevan_Kindelar
11.23.2020 , 08:45 AM | #7
If you are trying to use a "temporary" companion (i.e. a storyline companion who has joined you, but where you are still going through their initial planetary story arc before they become an official companion of your character), you will find that the "Craft" button for the crafting skill is greyed out.

For example, if a Sith Inquisitor frees Khem Val, then travels to the fleet to pick up crafting/crew skills before completing the Korriban storyline, they will find that they can use Khem as a combat companion, but they cannot use them for crafting (I am not sure about whether they can be sent on missions/gathering quests, though).

Assuming that you do indeed have ALL of the materials required for your crafting (the two gatherable materials, plus the material from the Crew Skill Trade Vendor), that is the only reason I can think of why crafting specifically would be unavailable to you - other issues such as server/client lag could also give problems, but you would be seeing other issues such as vendors/doors/skills being unresponsive.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

JediQuaker
11.23.2020 , 11:40 AM | #8
i'm a new subscriber and i just got the artificer crew class but even through i have all the materials i can't craft anything. through my material gathering crew classes work fine. i tried deleting the class and starting over but it didn't help.
You didn't say, so, do you have any companions? It's the companions that do the crafting, not you.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Allenswordsman
11.23.2020 , 11:58 AM | #9
its already on all and the thing i'm trying to craft is the first bonded attachment you get when you get the artificer crew class. i have two companions. i been able to use my material gathering crew classes just fine.

kcirevamnalyd
11.23.2020 , 12:42 PM | #10
its already on all and the thing i'm trying to craft is the first bonded attachment you get when you get the artificer crew class. i have two companions. i been able to use my material gathering crew classes just fine.
Do you in fact have all 3 components, 2 of each the Lost Artifice Fragment, Rubat Crystal and the Nylite Solution? The solution needs to be bought from the crafting vendor (those are the "white" mats) that Steve clarified above.
If you have a list of schematics it should be as easy as clicking on a companion pix, clicking on an item to make and finally clicking on the "craft" tab a bottom. Then sit back and wait. If you are still having issue, I'd contact support through making a ticket. Maybe they can see something wrong?
Spoiler

Refer a Friend http://www.swtor.com/r/qxyjyG
Not All Heroes Use the Force.