Grav shot needs a possible nerf

cool-dude

My level 42 juggernaut tank gets owned by commandos who seem to spam grav shot. It takes exactly 3 shots for a commando the same lvl as me to kill me. I have fought snipers, operatives, and force using dps classes of the same lvl, none of them kill me that fast.

Is it just me, or is grav shot op?

I have no chance against someone who can kill me that fast, no matter how good I am. I do use interrupts, stun them, but I do not do enough dps to do any good, they just hit grav shot, and its boom...boom.boom.. dead. Snipers,o nce I hit them out of cover, they die easy, operatives are weak, and so are inquisitors. Not even Bh mercs feel as op as commandos.

3 hits... that's all it takes,

Edited by cool-dude

My level 42 juggernaut tank gets owned by commandos who seem to spam grav shot. It takes exactly 3 shots for a commando the same lvl as me to kill me. I have fought snipers, operatives, and force using dps classes of the same lvl, none of them kill me that fast.

I have no chance against someone who can kill me that fast, no matter how good I am. I do use interrupts, stun them, but I do not do enough dps to do any good, they just hit grav shot, and its boom...boom.boom.. dead. Snipers,o nce I hit them out of cover, they die easy, operatives are weak, and so are inquisitors. Not even Bh mercs feel as op as commandos.

3 hits... that's all it takes.

It's the signature ability for gunnery commandos. You just need to take advantage of their weaknesses. They are pretty much an immobile class needing to stand still when attempting DPS. Grav round has a 1.5 second cast, use your interupts against them. Also, they are highly subjectable to LOS. Get behind something and make them come to you. Yes, if they catch you out in the open and your interupts are on CD they can dish out some DPS. But you'll own them in no time as they're one of the weaker PvP classes if you exploit their weaknesses.

3 hits... that's all it takes,

You aren't getting killed by grav round 3 times. It's already been nerfed. Maybe you missed the pages full of "Tracer Missle, Tracer Missle, Tracer Missle, Grav Round, Grav Round, Grav Round" threads of QQ.

Chances are you're getting hit with other stuff as well. If you don't believe me, go find a friend with a BH or Commando and do a friendly duel. Ask them to hit you with 3 Grav Rounds or Tracer Missles and see what happenes.

Jugg Tank is a rough class to play in WZs while leveling up, but you are getting around the levels where it all starts to come together. Besides that the best way to deal with those pesky Grav Spam Commandos is to just get in their face and interrupt them anyway possible. You should have just about all your abilities available to you at 42 to perform this.

First, actually time your Force Charge as it interrupts the players action, so wait a sec for the grav round to come then charge in, but obviously dont wait too long. Next, start hacking and slashing with some rage building attacks, but on the next grav round, use force choke and as they are in the air, attack with Ravage. Throw in a chilling scream with your built up rage around that time incase they start running away. Then if the commandos go after another Grav Round, which they usually do, then go after you actually interrupt ability which should be called "Disruption." By that time most commandos will go into panic mode because then they have to wait the 4 seconds to use Grav Round again and you have interrupted all of they Grav Rounds thus far and your still hacking at them. In that extra 4 seconds of time not having to deal with Grav Rounds, use some of your bigger attacks or chilling scream to keep them close or burning them down. After that 4 seconds is up, most Commandos will do what they always do, try Grav Round again! When they do this, use Force Push, its ANOTHER INTERRUPT and as long as no one else has used Stuns or anything that builds resolve other than you, then the commando still isn't filled up as Force Choke does almost half, but Force Push adds very little to it. By this time, the Commando is getting pretty angry, but they might still try another Grav Round and guess what! You have another interrupt with Force Charge against because your Force Push has finished the CD for it. So again, anticipate the next Grav Round, and Force Charge them. By this time the Commando has probably ran out of ammo and Grav Round might not be possible for them and usually with all the hacking and slashing they are almost dead, BUT if they are persistent with Grav Round, they might try again and finally you can fill out the rest of their resolve bar with either Intimidating Roar or Backhand. By then, their health is probably really low OR the Commando is calling for help.

That is your formula against Commandos, I'm a 50 Jugg with mostly WH and I have fun killing Grav Commandos all the time. One of the few classes we can actually kill by ourselves :cool: we excel at controlling combat, use that to your advantage.

Edited by BanetheDarkLord

If they spam Grav Round / Tracer Missile you are doing something remarkably wrong.

Not a fan of that term but that´s a l2play issue.

Those poor fellas are so easy to shut down and i don´t take them seriously on my Guardian.

Edited by Sabredance

As has been said above, you need to interrupt or LoS the commando.

The three Grav rounds, in addition to their damage, set up a stack of 5 de-buffs to your armour, reducing it by 20%. The use of Grav round also allows them to use a stronger attack - High Impact Bolt, so factor the 20% armour reduction with the High Impact Bolt and its going to hurt