So DOTs and objectives...

Tenthletter

If the UI were a little more possible to purge with this would be a non-issue. But it's so stupidly difficult to purge your teammates (which has a cd and doesn't cover all debuffs, btw) that unless you're in voice chat the time it takes a person to type "purge" and the targetting to do so, there will be respawned players on you and the dots will be refreshed anyway.

I know eh? Paying attention to animations is hard.

The guy that isn't dotted could try capping but to be honest, that sounds like a lot of work.

:rolleyes:

the stun from stealth (i.e. tranquilizer) fills resolvebar entirely. Nice try though

So? Hitting you after you break the stun/it ends and you try to cap again still interupts your capping. And if you decide not to ignore me i just vanish and wait till you try to cap again.

The first thing on alderan i ALWAYS do is sprint to right turret to do exactly that. Usually buys 20-30 seconds if done right , meaning that if my team capped the left turret successfully and center is uncaptured - we will be at 600 while enemy at 580 HP, after they finally manage to get the right turret.

Edited by KorwinOfAmber

Working as intended, this is an advantage of DoTs.

Some dots last far, far too long. Dots should not interrupt capping. Maybe they should interrupt immediately on cast but after that, no.

Also even the classes that can dispel are limited. For example, as a Commando I can dispel Merc and Operative dots BUT I can't dispel any Sorc dots.

So? Hitting you after you break the stun/it ends and you try to cap again still interupts your capping. And if you decide not to ignore me i just vanish and wait till you try to cap again.

The first thing on alderan i ALWAYS do is sprint to right turret to do exactly that. Usually buys 20-30 seconds if done right , meaning that if my team capped the left turret successfully and center is uncaptured - we will be at 600 while enemy at 580 HP, after they finally manage to get the right turret.

Sorry I thought that you were talking about interrupting outside of taking nodes like CCing and stuff. Forgive my fail at reading :p

I agree with the rest of your post though. Allthough your tactic might fail if there is more than 1 enemy is going to right turret.

Edited by Koendewit

Some dots last far, far too long. Dots should not interrupt capping. Maybe they should interrupt immediately on cast but after that, no.

Also even the classes that can dispel are limited. For example, as a Commando I can dispel Merc and Operative dots BUT I can't dispel any Sorc dots.

Sticky to forehead greatest pvp team. Yay every class can cc, but you limit clensing and specialize it even more, then make 2 out of 3 warzones depend on it.

Well... maybe the stealth dotters will be the next fotm.

I love how everyone mentions purge as if 100% of the players were sorcerers.

You know what, Sorcerer is the only class that can dispel Force-based effect (IE Affliction), so if there's no sorc at the capture point you're effectively screwed. I'll admit it's a very rare occurence as Sorcs make up half of the player database, but it still happens.

I love how everyone mentions purge as if 100% of the players were sorcerers.

You know what, Sorcerer is the only class that can dispel Force-based effect (IE Affliction), so if there's no sorc at the capture point you're effectively screwed. I'll admit it's a very rare occurence as Sorcs make up half of the player database, but it still happens.

Scoundrels can do it as well, if specced right.

Sticky to forehead greatest pvp team. Yay every class can cc, but you limit clensing and specialize it even more, then make 2 out of 3 warzones depend on it.

Well... maybe the stealth dotters will be the next fotm.

Seriously dude, seriously? Nerf stealth classes like scoundrel even more? Please go away.

If capping a point is about controlling that point, that's more of an argument against DoTs interrupting caps than for it. A side can be entirely routed from a point, yet the team in control is not able to cap because someone tab targeted a DoT onto 4 people and is now effectively defending from the respawn area.

Hmmmmm.

If capping a point is about controlling that point, that's more of an argument against DoTs interrupting caps than for it. A side can be entirely routed from a point, yet the team in control is not able to cap because someone tab targeted a DoT onto 4 people and is now effectively defending from the respawn area.

Hmmmmm.

You misunderstand "controlling". Its not mend as "stunning all enemies with Agent flashbang", but dominating the spot - effectively being in control of it: purging of all enemies and quickly dealing with all incomings.

Thats why at Voidstar defenders dont instantly run out of the spawn point. Once you kill majority of enemy team and take right positions its pretty easy to control the spot by killing everyone that runs out of spawn area, knockbacking the people trying to get behind the corner while someone from your team tries to cap e.t.c.

But for that, you know... you actually have to play better than enemy team, and not hope for lucky chance that someone from your team stealth caps the door while you fight the enemies.

Same thing at Alderaan - speeder to the turret is annoying, but its a deathtrap for those who take them if the enemy expects you using it.

You misunderstand "controlling". Its not mend as "stunning all enemies with Agent flashbang", but dominating the spot - effectively being in control of it: purging of all enemies and quickly dealing with all incomings.

Thats why at Voidstar defenders dont instantly run out of the spawn point. Once you kill majority of enemy team and take right positions its pretty easy to control the spot by killing everyone that runs out of spawn area, knockbacking the people trying to get behind the corner while someone from your team tries to cap e.t.c.

But for that, you know... you actually have to play better than enemy team, and not hope for lucky chance that someone from your team stealth caps the door while you fight the enemies.

Same thing at Alderaan - speeder to the turret is annoying, but its a deathtrap for those who take them if the enemy expects you using it.

I specifically said controlling the point as in the entire enemy side being dead and you still being unable to cap. Sorry but it's not particularly hard to ride a speeder, pop something to make you immune to spells or snares, and shoot the capper after a cap has been delayed for 10 seconds due to a DoT. Any half decent team won't let you CC their entire team so you can sit there taking the point, just as any half decent team will try to keep you off of their capper.

Also, you don't have to DOMINATE a spot to cap it or defend it (doubly so with DoTs), you just have to keep your enemies at bay decently enough. DoTs are just the most effective defensive tool out there by far if you don't have a dispel of some sort, to the point that it acts as a defense from beyond the grave.

No they can't. Healer Scoundrels / Operatives (as well as healer Commandos / Mercs) can heal mental effects. Affliction is a Force effect.

The thread was about DoTs, you are the one who singled out sorcs as if they were the only dotters/purgers.

Also, both Ops and Bhs heal tech/physical. Sorcs deal with Force effects.

And you don't need to spec healer as a BH/Com to purge tech/physical effects.

Edited by Pulpp

So Bioware, are you guys ever going to fix DOTs when defending nodes?

They already did. 2 out of 3 most played classes have cleanse button. Somewhere under ability list anyway as each and every one of them is plain stupid to use it.

Less QQ more L2P.

They already did. 2 out of 3 most played classes have cleanse button. Somewhere under ability list anyway as each and every one of them is plain stupid to use it.

Less QQ more L2P.

Its nothing in comparison with the fact that 99% of people who play Sorc still didnt realize they can cast Shield on others.

The thread was about DoTs, you are the one who singled out sorcs as if they were the only dotters/purgers.

Also, both Ops and Bhs heal tech/physical. Sorcs deal with Force effects.

And you don't need to spec healer as a BH/Com to purge tech/physical effects.

If enemy team doesn't have an Operative I can keep 5-8 people from capturing a point for 20+ seconds, alone, from my respawn point.

Clearly working as intended.

If enemy team doesn't have an Operative I can keep 5-8 people from capturing a point for 20+ seconds, alone, from my respawn point.

Clearly working as intended.

Doesn't have a healer op or any bh and you manage to not get killed while dotting everyone simultaneously.

If we are doing hyperbolic fictitious scenarios, lets at least be accurate and complete. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pulpp

How is that a bug that needs to be fixed?

Theres a simple solution for this problem usually - kill the person placing the dots (if you dont care to purge them). People fail to realize that at Voidstar, the best tactic is actually...well... focusing on killing the enemy team fast and not hope you can sneak to the door while no one watches.

In alderman, it matters even less.

it makes preventing caps way to easy, was pretty much a massive issue in WoW for a long time, made capping nodes impossible with an enemy warlock present. As a former lock myself trust me was insanely easy to pop agony on a whole team and laugh as they had to wait 24 seconds to cap anything unless was a mage/druid spamming decurse! and you'd be suprised how many of those classes dont know what decurse is...

Its compounded and even worse in tor because only a sorc/sage can remove force based dots but cant effect tech based dots. BH cant remove force based dots only tech based ones...so basically if your two jedi and i'm a lethality op... you still cant remove my dots because they are tech based...

yes its a problem but then preventing caps is way to easy as is... its to short of a run back to the door, you respawn way to fast, and dots only compound the issue... goes for both alderran and voidstar. Defending nodes is to easy at present and even teams with no gear and half a brain can keep interrupting you consistantly.

Less QQ more L2P.

again understand how the clenses work... as a sorc i can only remove force user dots... it takes some healer coordination to keep dots off of you when capping and generally you dont have both healer types with you...

Edited by Lokai

dots do horrible damage, they need to be good for something. leave it as it is.

No they can't. Healer Scoundrels / Operatives (as well as healer Commandos / Mercs) can heal mental effects. Affliction is a Force effect.

there are tech dots as well, which they can cleanse.

Edited by zeroburrito

It's a little op. I think the initial dot being applied should stop the capturing but after that person dies it shouldn't stop someone from capping. I have rolled a sage and can attest to being able to hold off an entire team from capping one node because of tab targeting and spamming 1. My dot has no cooldown and lasts 20 seconds? maybe 30 seconds.

Def op, but they have a lot of other tuning to do before they make this a priority.

Doesn't have a healer op or any bh and you manage to not get killed while dotting everyone simultaneously.

If we are doing hyperbolic fictitious scenarios, lets at least be accurate and complete. :rolleyes:

Hitting 3 instant cast abilities (that's 5 targets) is not hard. Especially if I'm smart enough to flashbang 2-4 of them first, or burn cloak to get the last 2 before death.

I do this all the time, btw, it's not hypothetical at all. I can single-handedly defend a node from 4 players while reinforcements arrive.

I play a Sorc, and am the one DOTting and can see this is broken.

Seriously, reading comprehension guy.

Here you go. It works for me. http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

your post history would indicate you're a jedi knight.... (or maybe its just luck that you refer to a jedi consular as "them" and the jedi knights as "us")

Of course everyone's a sorcerer once they get called out on it, what's one more to the list?