Anyone else stalled out on HK 47 and/or Admiral Shai?

Gremthei

I know these are both technically solo fights, but they're both so aggravating (especially for a dps Marauder like me with no real healing or tank abilities to speak of) that I've decided to put them off unless and until I find a group. I figure I can't be the only one who had this reaction, so does anyone have a character kicking around that could benefit from running these? I'm significantly over level for both and fully geared up so anyone who comes along is welcome to all the loot if they want it, it's just the mechanics that aggravate me.

My name is Bath Orry on the Star Forge server if you're interested. Until then I'll just put these off in favor of other questlines.

Thanks

Edited by Gremthei

I know these are both technically solo fights, but they're both so aggravating (especially for a dps Marauder like me with no real healing or tank abilities to speak of)

Obvious question - are you bringing a companion, set to heal, with you? And, if you are, what influence level is it?

Obvious question - are you bringing a companion, set to heal, with you? And, if you are, what influence level is it?

Yes, Jaesa, and she's currently level 27 (I think). Of course, even in Heal mode she does tend to act more like a melee dps type it seems, but she's also my most highly influenced companion by a long way (Vette is 2nd and she's only 22) The problems I'm having don't seem to be very related to that though. With HK the problem is that I either stay away from him and focus on the adds, in which case he snipes m in one or two shots, healer or no healer, or I stay up in his face and try to tank him, in which case I get one shotted by his little healing cocoon thing when it drops on my head.

With Shai, the issue is that the debuff you get from attacking him is so powerful that it renders me completely incapable of damaging him or being healed, and if Itry to kite enemies around waiting for i to wear off then they kill me due to my inability to be healed. I might be able to circumvent this if I manage to interrupt his induction when he comes out of stealth (Ive heard that's where the debuff comes from, but I don't think I've ever been able o locate him fast enough to prevent it after I'm done with the adds. I may try again later.

Yes, Jaesa, and she's currently level 27 (I think). Of course, even in Heal mode she does tend to act more like a melee dps type it seems, but she's also my most highly influenced companion by a long way (Vette is 2nd and she's only 22) The problems I'm having don't seem to be very related to that though. With HK the problem is that I either stay away from him and focus on the adds, in which case he snipes m in one or two shots, healer or no healer, or I stay up in his face and try to tank him, in which case I get one shotted by his little healing cocoon thing when it drops on my head.

With Shai, the issue is that the debuff you get from attacking him is so powerful that it renders me completely incapable of damaging him or being healed, and if Itry to kite enemies around waiting for i to wear off then they kill me due to my inability to be healed. I might be able to circumvent this if I manage to interrupt his induction when he comes out of stealth (Ive heard that's where the debuff comes from, but I don't think I've ever been able o locate him fast enough to prevent it after I'm done with the adds. I may try again later.

If nothing else, it feels like both of these fights would be a lot more interesting rather than aggravating, wiht a group that could fill multiple roles. The single point of failure nature of soloing this kind of encounter, which then forces you to go back through all the phases if a single character dies, tends to make these bosses more annoying than fun for me to solo (even ithe ones that I can solo.)

If nothing else, it feels like both of these fights would be a lot more interesting rather than aggravating, wiht a group that could fill multiple roles. The single point of failure nature of soloing this kind of encounter, which then forces you to go back through all the phases if a single character dies, tends to make these bosses more annoying than fun for me to solo (even ithe ones that I can solo.)

What time do you log in because I'm on Star Forge with about 20+ characters, so I could give you a hand. I can heal or assist with DPS while having a companion on heal. Thinking my BH, Aleckto, would be helpful. Let me know.